Posted March 17, 2013
I'm a student at general Greene elementary This school gives us kids opportunities that others won't get until high school! This is my last year in general Greene because I'll be going to middle school. Middle schools love students who came from general Greene because they are more advanced in science and have a more touch with technology.you are of course on common core which almost every state in America is on accept 2 . But general Greene elementary is more advanced and this is a magnet school which is more than a elementary school . I must warn you , you do science projects which are a stress on 3rd 4th and 5th new comers. But the teachers will give you a helping and guiding hand of science fair, it's a real stress for 3rd 4th and 5th because general Greene goes on camping trips that lay right along on science fair testing, then you do ect. The overnight camping trips are very fun. In camp Cheerio YMCA sponsored camp you climb a mountain which is 4-5 hours joy. Your child will have lots of field trips and fun adventures. The teachers are very funny especially mrs.rogers. I hope you enrolled your kid and I hope they get accepted. - student

Posted March 10, 2011
We have been at General Greene for two years and have been more than pleased. It is a caring and challenging learning environment and we are thrilled with the teachers and their efforts. Our child is happy each day and enthusiastic about school. The teachers know her by name in most every grade and there is a high percentage of parent involvement. This school cares about its students and the value of a top notch education!

General Greene Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
I have a son in the upper grades. He has been bullied by one child for the last three years. The school policy on bullying is very weak. There are several known children with persistent behavior issues who are not actively disciplined. With the current events involving bullying one would think a more aggressive stance would be taken. One teacher has addressed the bullying topic with her class by sharing the story of the girl who committed suicide. I only hope administration acts before we have a tragedy at General Greene or an active investigation like at East MIddle.

General Greene Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2010

General Greene Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2010
I think the current focus is on the latest program and gadgets and how to 'look' like a good school. What is unfortunately lost in all this is the children. This is not a child centered school. This is a technology centered school that likes to see itself on the news.

Posted October 10, 2008

General Greene Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
My son has been going to General Greene for 2nd and 3rd grade. The teachers are amazing. Not just his 'regular' teacher, but all the specialists as well! When we went to Open House to see who his 3rd grade teacher would be, the PE teacher said hi to him, and used his NAME! Not just a universal hi, but a personal one. Every teacher seems to know all the kids by name, and the specials have to teach all 5 grades! My son also has ADHD and Tourette's, and not ONCE has he been labeled a 'problem child'. Each teacher recognizes his strengths and understands his 'problems' and helps him work through them. I couldn't ask for a better school. I just wish General Greene would be a K-12 school so he would never have to leave!

General Greene Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2008
Its a good school I think that they push the kids a little hard algebra and geometry in the 2nd grade is a little too much. Pushing dont get me wrong is good sometimes but if they are doing a more difficult subject and then you give them the subject that is supposed to be on their level of course they get confused.

Posted October 17, 2004
After 2 unhappy years at another Guiford County public school, we are thrilled with the environment at General Greene after 2 years. My sons level of confidence, excitement about learning and educational experience is so positive. A super Science & Technology Magnet school. The teachers, administrators and parent involvement is equal or surpasses that many people pay big money for in private schools. Lots of hands on experiences! Second to none!

Posted July 13, 2004

General Greene Elementary School
1501 Benjamin Parkway, Greensboro, NC  27408
(336) 545-2015
Last modified General Greene Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
General Greene Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.