Grimsley High School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
Grimsley High School has been a great choice for my children. The academics are strong (one quarter of the senior class this year is International Baccalaureate,) and there are many ways to be involved, as both a student and a parent. The PTA is strong, the principal is energetic, and most of the teachers are very good. My children are very different, yet each has found many ways to shine here. Grimsley is one of the oldest schools in town, with many loyal alumni and a longstanding reputation, so the expectation of its success is part of the community. It is consistently ranked as one of the top public high schools in the country - compared to private schools who can choose their clientele - and has instant name recognition among top colleges, in our experience. Families from many ethnic backgrounds all come here and seem proud to be GHS students, parents and alumni.

Posted July 18, 2013
I truly enjoyed my time at Grimsley High. The teachers, for the most part, were great and worked with the students to get the best education possible. They are underfunded and the staff underpaid, but that is the unfortunate reality of a secondary school in North Carolina right now. The student body was very diverse and very representative of both Greensboro and the diversity of a state college to prepare them for university life. I was a football player and a member of the orchestra, as well as an AP student, so that shows that Grimsley has many different options for anyone who wants to do virtually anything. I read a couple of reviews about drugs in the school and that is true. However, most of the drugs are low-level users doing pot, not students using heroine or hardcore drugs. Also, find a city school that does not have some sort of drug problem. Ours was a very small issue. Bottom line, the vast majority of students who go to Grimsley come out prepared and ready for college and life beyond. I would be happy to send my own children there if I am in still in Greensboro at that point. Whirlie Pride from '09.

Grimsley High School 5

Posted June 06, 2013
This school is awesome and I'm glad to say the last of my 3 children will be graduating soon. Each child has had the opportunity to succeed in their own way. Grimsly has prepared each child to be prepared for college and beyond. Their college like campus is just the start. The teachers care about the success of each child and go out of their way to help them succeed. The traditon in the school is also a plus. I'm proud to say I'm a Whirlie parent and my children are graduates of Grimsley High School

Grimsley High School 1

Posted May 20, 2013
This school is terrible. They cater to the kids slacking off instead of helping parents push their children to succeed. Thei do not value attendance, communication, or honesty. They also do not abide by Guilford County School Code. They would rather push a dropout through the system to graduate than to deal with the issue another year.

Posted September 19, 2012
Class of 2013: I am in the IB program at Grimsley and it really challenges you to your maximum potential. Grimsley has the highest average number of graduates from the IB program. The student populaton is full of energy. The teachers are well-trained, I speak for the IB teachers because I have only taken IB classes. I think the only thing that I don't like about Grimsley is that alot of the students have drug problems. Meaning that many students "get high" and even come to school "high" and they like to boast about it. But what really "ticks" me off is the fact that the police officer and staff at our school are aware of this, but do absolutely nothing about it. Besides this, I really love Grimsley because our student poulation is diverse and we don't have the stereotypical "cliques" at our school. Go whirlies!

Grimsley High School 1

Posted September 01, 2012
I hate this school, my kid goes here and gets bullied by teachers and students, no fair advantage, thats why i sent him to page instead

Posted October 12, 2010
Great spirit and history. people who care

Grimsley High School 2

Posted October 26, 2009

Grimsley High School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
Some of the greatest spirit and academics in the country. Colleges like Duke, Chapel-Hill, NC State, Emory, to name a few know our school and the high level of students that leave it.

Grimsley High School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Grimsley has great traditions and allows students to succeed with programs like the International Baccalaureate program and Advanced Placement classes!

Grimsley High School
801 Westover Terrace, Greensboro, NC  27408
Last modified Grimsley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grimsley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.