Posted April 02, 2014
sternberger elementary is owesome. My son joined the school begenning of year in 5th grade, teachers are wonderful and work hard with the relatively big classes they have. Coordination and team work between parents and teachers help to push the students beyond standard grades. The Principal has set up a homely environment that everyone feels like part of a family and gets their fair share. My son is doing well in the school and at the PT conference, you get accurate information on child's progress and you get an opportunity to team up with the teacher that there is a continuation of systems set for the child, at home and school . I love the efficiency in interdepartmental communication, this includes cafeteria, PE, counselling, wow, amazing. Thank you to all volunteers, you rock. Proud mom

Posted June 08, 2012
My son has been at Sternberger Elementary since Kindergarten. He's in Third Grade now. I feel very comfortable about the school. I think it is because it is not a gigantic school with tons of children. Its moderate size makes me think that the children probably get more attention than those at over-crowded schools. Aesthetically, I love it. It is an old school, but it is gorgeous due to the setting. Mature trees are great, as someone mentioned. My son says "We have two playgrounds!" When asked what could be better, he said he would like swings at both playgrounds. He has had two excellent teachers, one that talks behind your back, and one that teaches in a more traditional manner. Teacher reviews are very subjective, naturally. I don't think his teachers would be any better or worse elsewhere. I expect, if anything, that they are a bit better here because of the size and atmosphere. The principal is wonderful. The staff are friendly. The teachers are outgoing at open houses, greeting you instead of waiting, so that you can meet them more easily. Everyone is friendly when you pass them in the halls. Nice place for your child. Safe neighborhood. Convenient location.

Posted June 07, 2011
Sternberger is an excellent school. Both of my sons attend this school, and the eldest has attended K through 5 here. There are not enough wonderful things I can say about this school to do it justice. Over the last 6 years, we have only experienced positive things. The Teachers and the Principal are caring, involved, and make it their goal to help all of the children succeed to their highest potential. If you view the report card on the school's website, it will be reflected. I have enjoyed my children being part of the Sternberger family. It is a small elementary school, compared to some. Which, this gives the kids more opportunity to get to know one another. We will truly miss this wonderful school when it is time to move on to middle school. I could not have asked for a better elementary school for my children to attend.

Sternberger Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Wonderful school and wonderful teachers for many many years

Sternberger Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted November 17, 2005
I have two children at Sternberger and one is a special needs child. I can't say enough good things about the school. The principal is involved with each student - knows them all by name. The teachers are top notch. They are energetic, caring and grateful for parental involvement. The resource staff is the best. They are so loving. My child has really excelled this year. We're moving away and finding a similar elementary school is proving to be a challenge. Sternberger is very special.

Sternberger Elementary School
518 North Holden Road, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified Sternberger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sternberger Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top