Greensboro, NC

Posted July 13, 2015
My son is a difficult child who often resents authority with adults he doesn't like. The teachers at Guilford Middle have managed him rather effectively and kept me informed and involved as needed. The administration has gone above and beyond to work with him- applying discipline when needed and strong mentorship and guidance along the way too. Principle Brown truly cares about the students at the school and does a terrific job staying informed about what is happening in the classrooms and among the students. It has been a good place for us and has given my son a more diverse view of the world.

Posted March 16, 2015
I go to GMS and i love it, great teachers, staff, and students. Plenty of after school cirruculums like sports or clubs...

Posted August 17, 2013
I will soon go to school there but so far it looks liike a great school i hope to make friends and get realy good grades hello guilford middle my new fresh start!!!!

Posted January 26, 2013
I am a 8th grader at Guilford and the school is great i like my teachers most of the students are nice the school is getting better and better i see a bright future for this school give it two years and its gonna be at top of the lists

Posted May 27, 2011
For me, being at Guilford Middle was amazing. All of the teachers have great skill at what they do, so it's easy to learn. Also, the teachers all have a great sense of humor, are easy to talk to about...pretty much anything, and are just fun to be around. The kids are pretty crazy but not in a bad way. They're fun, and there's rarely fights. They love their teachers too, and it's very easy to tell. All the kids have great school spirit, and it's like each homeroom is a family. It's pretty cool. But...the principal is just...not good at all. The principal doesn't understand how teenage brains work, and doesn't listen. ThePrincipal isn't understanding at all, and is hard headed. At GMS, they know how to keep kids in line. And....let's see what else... The resource officer is AWESOME. He's reliable, and VERY understanding. He listens to people, knows what's the right thing to do, and gets the job done. Unlike the principal.

Guilford Middle School

Posted April 29, 2010
They have An Great Learning Program.They also keep you informed about your child.

Posted August 22, 2007
I studied there, and I had a great time...

Guilford Middle School 1

Posted May 24, 2007
I have 3 children who attend Guilford Middle. My kids have received unfair treatment from the administrative staff. If you are concern about your children s education, Do Not move into this district. The staff (especially the teachers) are unprofessional and have no concern for their students. The school board is very aware of the problems with this school but have chosen to ignore parent's cry for help. The principal only adds to the problems by addresses parent's concerns with excuses. I've filed my compliant with Dr. Grier, the school board, and the principal's supervisor. They have done nothing to rectify the ongoing problems at this school. If there are good teachers at this school, they must be very, very few in number.

Posted December 18, 2006
I have had 2 children in Guilford Middle School and I couldn't be happier. They have had excellent, caring teachers and an administrative staff that truly cares. I currently have a 6th grader there and she is having a terrific year. Thanks to all the teachers and staff!

Guilford Middle School 2

Posted December 09, 2006
I have a grandson who attends Guilford Middle School. He has received unfair treatment from the administrative staff from day one. After multiple write ups and suspensions over the years it hasn't gotten any better. I have a real problem with so called leaders who don't have children of their own and rely on how they think children should behave with no real life experience. It's a full time job to keep this adm. staff on task. I employ you, make another choice.

Guilford Middle School
320 Lindley Road, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified Guilford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guilford Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top