Bad
Good

I have 3 babies there. I love the principal and her staff! I am secure in knowing when dropping them off at school that they are in good hands!

Guilford Elem is the best school that I've come across in my research. New to NC schools, I was apprehensive about what the school would provide but when I moved and researched other options, Guilford always came out above the rest in test scores. The teachers, staff, and principal are all genuine and care about teachers, training, and nurturing the children. Guilford Elementary is the best in Guilford County Schools!

Guilford Elementary is an excellent school if your child is a struggling learner, and an excellent place for a diverse learning population; however, I feel the school lacks enrichment for bright, above average children. If your child performs above grade level, there is very little effort placed on continutining that trend. Individual teachers vary, of course, but I am dissappointed in the lack of growth opportunities for studnets who do not need repeated instruction of a skill. That said, the school has an excellent staff that does a wonderful job bringing ill-prepared students up to grade level.

I love Guilford Elementary School because the teachers and the principal genuinely care about the children. My daughter's teachers have kept me well informed of her progress, alerted me to potential problem areas and worked with me to correct potential problems. I suffered a life-threatening illness the first year my daughter was enrolled in Guilford Elementary. While I tried to keep it a secret, my daughter's teacher contacted me because she noticed a change in her behavior, mood and attitude. After learning of the situation, the teacher worked with my daughter to keep her spirits and self esteem up during my many hospital trips and stays. The school also helped to foster an appreciation for the earth and animals in my child as well as built upon my teachings of respect for others and willingness to help those in trouble. Her teachers also recognized my daughter's love of music and worked to include her in the chorus and musical activities of the school with the understanding that a love of music helps a child excel in other important areas. I love Guilford Elementary and hate that my daughter leaves it at the end of the year to go on to middle school which (thanks to Guilford Elementary) I am confident she is well-prepared to handle.

GES is unlike any other school that I have ever been to. An outstanding leader, formally with Irving Park Elementary...Excellent teachers....I mean excellent. And under all the pressure on the teachers and salarys, tests scores..etc..They still greet you with a smile every day..Almost as if you were family. I think all parents agree that stability is very important for kids...I have a daughter in Kindergarten and a son who has started his third year there as a 2nd grader. My experience with the teachers there have been as if they were teaching and ENCOURAGING their own child...that's important ! MANY CONGRATS TO THE ENTIRE GES STAFF, STUDENTS AND PARENTS FOR MAKING OUR SCHOOL ONE OF THE MOST IMPROVED LAST WEEK!!! **** How much one on one time have you spent with your child today? That's all they want....Follow me follow CHEETAHS and let's roll!

My child while attending Guilford Elementary was labeled slow and unable to grasp a concept. He is now in West Point academy and at the head of his class...so much for teachers that leave no child behind. If you can only teach to the masses you are not a true teacher

Last modified Guilford Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.