Greensboro, NC
Students enrolled: 1,416

Posted January 28, 2015
The principal is outstanding. A+++++ My oldest son was accepted into Western Honors College. Graduated with a 4.0 and two majors and two minors. Southeast provided the foundation to make this possible.

Posted March 20, 2013
The most recent review of this school was over 4 years ago,. and said this school was on a track for greatness. It has reached it. Charles Blanchard is a great principal, and I have had nothing but positive experiences in my son's classes or with teachers this year. Very supportive environment. Great students. My son has been challenged and involved like he had not been in elementary and middle school. Outstanding ROTC program that I would recommend even to those who have no desire to enter military. Terrific leadership training.

Posted August 28, 2008
this school is on a steep rise to greatness as far as these other reviews go i feel that they should even be recognized because as of 2007 the school acquired an amazing principal in kitley.students love him.teachers love working for him.he knos how to have fun.the only time kramer would show his face was when he had to ex: the begining of the year as he would try to schmooz parents....kitley on the other hand is out and about during lunches and class change.he made it a point to learn every seniors name once he got there and did(he was there half the year)!in turn him being this way took stress off of students and i noticed a crazy drop in the number of fights that occurred.

Posted November 27, 2007
the school is better. mr kitley rocks! he's awesome. the teachers seem happier!

Posted August 13, 2007
the school is to big for one resource officer! Need more parents or another resouce officer to help look out for the safety of the students and the things they should not be doing on school ground!!!!!!

Posted May 06, 2007
As a parent who has always been involved in my children's education in California, when we arrived here I found my children felt they were too old for my continued involvement. I was pleased to find that I was kept abreast of their progress on a regular basis and was informed of their 'good' accomplishments as well as if there was a problem. There are good and bad teachers everywhere and for the most part, I feel that in the 8 years my children have attended Southeast, I can count on less than 1 hand the number of what I consider bad teachers for both of them combined.

Southeast Guilford High School 2

Posted December 05, 2006
As a student at SE I think there is entirely too much emphasis on guy's sports and test scores. Many classes have been cut to force students to take harder courses. In the last year, safety has gone down significantly and space has become an overwhelming issue and hardship on everyone. Other than a few unmentionable higher-ups, I believe the faculty is fairly good.

Southeast Guilford High School 2

Posted November 13, 2006
Southeast in its prime was a great school in which acedemics and individual student progress was important, when i graduated in 2003. Since my departure many faults have arrose. The acedemics are no longer in the forefront of the administrations concern. Testing is the most important concern along with busing.

Posted September 14, 2006
Southeast is a great school. It's time for more space to be added, but the teachers and students cope. Athletics is competitive yet secondary to education. Boy sports do appear to be more supported than girls, but that's nationwide. As far as public schools go, you have solid academics, sports, safety, and extracurricular activity. It's a well-rounded place for kids.

Posted January 29, 2006
I feel that the athletics at SE is all about the guys teams. They get money for new uniforms and equipment even though some the girls teams do better than the guys team. SE adminstrators need to fair to all the teams not just the guys teams. The girls teams work just as hard as the guys (sometimes harder)My daughter has the right to use the new weight room just as much as the guys do. It is time for SE to be fair to girls teams and they be able to use all the facilities as the guys are allowed to do.

4530 Southeast School Road, Greensboro, NC  27406
Last modified Southeast Guilford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southeast Guilford High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top