Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Pilot Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2016
I chaperoned a field trip and was assigned several students to take care of along with the other parents. Throughout the day several parents remarked to me about the group of teachers who had no students under their supervision. The teachers actually made the parents supervise all of the students so they didnt have to. I was astonished and appalled. I emailed the principal about this following the field trip and received no reply. I spoke to the principal by phone after a week or so and was told that she never saw my email but would look into it. Then i never heard any more from her. My childs teacher never contacted me with concerns during the school year. I only heard about problems when i scheduled conferences. After my sons second report card i requested a conference with his teacher. She then promptly took a two week vacation in the middle of the school year. It is undoubtedly the principals philosophy that keeping teachers happy is priority number one. Students success seems to further down the list.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 24, 2016
Ms. Boyd the Aces leader is very good. She is professional and fair. About the only positive I have encountered at Pilot Elementary.

Pilot Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2014
Pilot Elementary is a very good neighborhood school. Some parents will always complain or have differing views. I believe we the parents need to be involved with the education process and not let all the burden fall on the teachers. I am glad my child goes to Pilot.

Pilot Elementary School 5

Posted May 01, 2014
I have had a wonderful experience here at Pilot. My daughter is now in the 5th grade and has been at Pilot since kindergarten. I have enjoyed every teacher and the opportunities thru the years. My daughter is not part of Adams Farm Country Club and I have in NO way EVER felt that she was shunned or bullied. Perhaps our story is unique but I highly doubt it. Though I certainly am not saying this behavior does not exist here at Pilot. I think alot of your experience has to do with the type of parent and kid you have. Every teacher I have encountered has been more than willing to find solutions to work for indivudual children. I absolutely LOVE the new principal Mrs. Kimberly Fleming. She has a beautiful and nurturing spirit that is perfect for elementary school. I believe she is far better received by the teachers than the previous principal Mr. Pope. When the teachers are happy, everyone is much happier. Again, I love the school, my child has stayed very age appropriate here and has not been exposed to things she should not. Pilot is a well ran school where kids act like kids and my child honestly since kindergarten has enjoyed getting up and going to school EVERY day.

Pilot Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
There really is nothing special about this school. It's average at best. Like all teachers, the staff here are always fearful of litigious parents and keep communication to a minimum, well documented exchange. It's sad, but I can understand their position. I think everyone that I've ever come into contact with have been very nice, helpful, and pleasant to talk to. I actually raised an issue with the Principal, Pope, and he responded immediately. I'll admit, that I've had my issues regarding a few things, but when addressed in a calm, appropriate manner and forum with the responsible parties, every issue I had was resolved, and by resolved I mean we came to an understanding, not I stomped my feet and screamed imposing my will on them. All in all, this is a decent school. It's not great, but there are a lot of worse schools out there. But seriously, what do you expect, the school is built literally 200 yards from an active railway. It is however, hidden by a thin treeline. I guess that would serve as a great analogy for Pilot Elementary School. Interpret as you will.

Pilot Elementary School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
Pilot is a very clickish school. Many of the kids form their own groups and exclude other students. The teachers choose favorites and treat all other students poorly. If you are not involved in sports and an active member of the Adams Farm Community, your child will be shunned by the other students, their parents and teachers. Teachers will not like you or your child unless you volunteer and donate a lot of money, time and requested items. I have had three children attend Pilot Elementary over the past eight years and all of them have had negative experiences. Children are not allowed to have individual expression and it is run like a military school. Many of the teachers have snobby attitudes and yell at the children on a regular basis, neglecting the needs of the children.

Pilot Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2013
I have a child with special needs. Been there 2 years. There is NO support from the PRINCIPLE and VP for the EC classes of kids with Autism. They are rude to the parents, staff & bully the teachers. Mr. POPE will tell you to your face he don't care if you don't agree with him or like something. The teachers do not want to involve them in any complications out of fear of what may happen. They are understaffed and large class sizes. The EC is miss managed, if at all, main staff in department rarely shows up, missing at least 1 day each week, is always disorganized & scattered, unprofessional & pulled away from AU kids constantly by principle to do other jobs, does not manage the facilitators. New younger teachers do not dress to work around kids with stilettos, mini skirts, low cut tops, super skinny pants, and flip flops this sets a bad example & sends the wrong message to the kids. The teachers are too busy texting on the playground to even see what is going on with the kids so they are unable to tell you what happened if there is a problem. Be prepared to worry & battle almost everyday if you have a EC kid and if anyone is wondering yes I am a very involved parent in the school.

Pilot Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
The school is FULL of loving, caring teachers yet run by a Principal whose values are not in line with the teachers and parents. My child was transferred out of Pilot and I can see a huge difference in the way her current school is run versus Pilot. My child's current school challenges her more (over Pilot) and she is excelling under a better structure and implementation from a Principle that shows genuine respect to teachers and parents.

Pilot Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2011
this is my first year with pilot so i cant say anything yet about the school

Posted January 19, 2010
Pilot is a good school but very clickish. If your hair is not the right color don't bother trying to fit in. It won't happen. The same goes for skin color etc. The parents are the worst. One thing my child did learn at Pilot is students can be mean and the parents even meaner.

4701 Chimney Springs Dr, Greensboro, NC  27407
Last modified Pilot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.