Bad
Good

it seems like reviews are fake and placed by teachers. i tried to meet with principal regarding my concerns and found no support! my son changed 3 teachers in the fall during his kindergarten years, so talk about consistency....ow my son has unpleasant first school experience

Love this school! Our family joined the Eastern family when my oldest started Kindergarten in 2011. My third child will in enroll this fall. This is more than a school it is a home. Teachers and administrators love the children and have a passion for their job.

I attended Eastern as a child and now we are so pleased to have our son in Kindergarten there. Under Mrs. Kirkland's leadership, everyone seems to be striving to work hard and care for each other. There is a sense of respect and compassion when you walk through the doors which is hard to come by these days. I am very proud to be a part of Eastern Elementary!

Principal Cathy Kirkland is the glue that binds! She cares deeply about every child, teacher and parent. Her superb leadership is reflected throughout Eastern Elementary.

I am proud to say that I have worked at Eastern Elementary for the past 25 years as an EC teacher. I have had opportunities to work in other schools in Pitt County, but chose to stay at Eastern because I believe that Eastern was and is the best elementary school in the county! I have two sons that attended and graduated from Eastern; both are now adults, but still have fond memories of their peers, teachers, and learning experiences while at Eastern. I have always and still think of Eastern as a second home and a place dedicated to education. Throughout my career, I have had the pleasure to work alongside numerous parents, teachers, staff, and administrators, and have realized that one goal remains consistent within all of us at Eastern Elementary, and that is to be 100% dedicated to our students' academic development and success! GO EAGLES!!!

Eastern is the best school I've had any contact with! I've worked at another school and Eastern is by far the best school in Pitt County! The building and grounds are clean, warm, and inviting. The teachers truly care about the students, and Mrs. Kirkland, the Principal is AMAZING! She goes to great lengths to make sure that teachers and students have everything they need to be successful!

This is an amazing school! As a teacher, the support that is given by both parents and administration is wonderful. EES rocks!

I have 3 kids ranging in ages 9, 20 and 22. All three have gone to Eastern Elementary and I love it!! I would recommend this school to anyone. The teachers really care about the kids! If I ever have any concerns, I feel comfortable meeting with the staff including the principal. We have the rest of this year and then 1 more year to be a part of this school! Thanks for all the great years!!

I have been working at Eastern since I started my career as an elementary educator. I say at least once a week, "I love my school and the people I work with." The staff at Eastern is so loving and caring to every child that walks through the doors of Eastern. This truly makes coming to work enjoyable knowing that there is a sense of a loving, family environment.

After many years of teaching in and out of NC, I can say that Eastern Elementary is a top notch school. In this school, our students come first. They are nurtured on many levels to make them independent thinkers and learners. We work as a T.E.A.M. to prepare our students for success. Many teachers work well beyond their school hours doing "whatever it takes" to ensure your child gets whatever they need . Just step down our hallways and feel the positive energy from the staff and the students. Our commitment to this school, your children, and the community is shared by all that work here. That s why Eastern is the best school in Pitt County!

Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.