Posted March 19, 2012
We were redistricted to Eastern Elementary and our oldest child has had a fantastic year so far! He has been very involved in different activities, we have had teachers that have kept in contact with us over any needs. My youngest is in Kindergarten and she loves to go to school everyday. The principal is new this year and has been fantastic. The morale of the teachers is very upbeat and they all seem to genuinely care about the kids and the school. This has been a much needed and refreshing change!

Posted November 22, 2011
We were redistricted to Eastern this school year and have been very happy. The school has been expanded and remodeled and looks like new. There is a new Principal this year and the Vice Principal was just awarded Vice Principal of the Year. The school is clean, organized and well run. The PTA is off to a great start. My daughter loves her teachers!

Eastern Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2010
Principal Leadership is poor. Her prime concern are the numbers & not the needs of the students. I think she forgets they are the reason she is there. She doesn't care about her teachers. If she doesn't like them, makes no difference how good they are she black balls them until either they quit or she creates situations to fire or transfere them. Since starting at Eastern 38 teachers have left, have been fired or transfered, and if she has her way another one is on their way out the door as well, and she is an excellent teacher that cares deeply for the needs of our children. The only classroom time that this principal has had was when she was a student. She has never been a teacher and has had no experience working one on one with children. Her experience is a piece of paper.

Eastern Elementary School 5

Posted April 27, 2009
My children arrivedt at Eastern with no knowledge in English. One of them hated school. The staff is kind and more than understanding. I love this school . Both my children are fluent English speakers after 1 year and they both LOVE school. It's a pleasure to work with them.

Posted July 16, 2007
This school was aweful. My daughter (1st grade)was subjected to vulgar conversations between students, she was pushed around everyday by the boys. She had a book stolen by a student out of her backpack. It took us a month and a trip to the principal to get it back. The office staff are rude! Whether you call or go into the office. It also took them over 2 months to request my daughter records from the previous school, their excuse was the Sim person was new. The teacher was good though. My daughter did well in her class. The buses are old and run down. It broke down on the way home one afternoon. And they didn't call me I had to call them!! Take your child somewhere else.

Posted May 06, 2005
After talking to many local teachers and parents, we were assured that this was a good school. I am disappointed with the teaching style and learning enviroment. More over, we are removing our son from this school as we have seen many of the skills he brought with him decrease. His social skills are waning as is his love of learning. Our greatest concern is the crude behavior he is learning from other students in his class. Unfortunately, we seem to be the only concerned parents, and quite honestly, there are no children in this class who I would normally consider his peer level. Often the teacher will 'turn his light to red' but when I try to address the issue neither he or she knows why.

Posted October 26, 2004
I am a grandparent and I have a grandson that goes there and he is in kindergarten and so far we are not having a positive outlook on this school or the teacher that is teaching his class. The jury is still out on the principal but I will have a followup after the meeting.

Posted May 26, 2004
Great school in a good location near city Rec and Parks center. Experienced teaching staff with good teacher to student ratio. A new principal took over in mid year so the jury is still out.

Eastern Elementary School
1700 Cedar Lane, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.