Posted October 12, 2014
I am proud to say that I have worked at Eastern Elementary for the past 25 years as an EC teacher. I have had opportunities to work in other schools in Pitt County, but chose to stay at Eastern because I believe that Eastern was and is the best elementary school in the county! I have two sons that attended and graduated from Eastern; both are now adults, but still have fond memories of their peers, teachers, and learning experiences while at Eastern. I have always and still think of Eastern as a second home and a place dedicated to education. Throughout my career, I have had the pleasure to work alongside numerous parents, teachers, staff, and administrators, and have realized that one goal remains consistent within all of us at Eastern Elementary, and that is to be 100% dedicated to our students' academic development and success! GO EAGLES!!!

Posted October 08, 2014
Eastern is the best school I've had any contact with! I've worked at another school and Eastern is by far the best school in Pitt County! The building and grounds are clean, warm, and inviting. The teachers truly care about the students, and Mrs. Kirkland, the Principal is AMAZING! She goes to great lengths to make sure that teachers and students have everything they need to be successful!

Posted October 06, 2014
This is an amazing school! As a teacher, the support that is given by both parents and administration is wonderful. EES rocks!

Posted October 03, 2014
I have 3 kids ranging in ages 9, 20 and 22. All three have gone to Eastern Elementary and I love it!! I would recommend this school to anyone. The teachers really care about the kids! If I ever have any concerns, I feel comfortable meeting with the staff including the principal. We have the rest of this year and then 1 more year to be a part of this school! Thanks for all the great years!!

Posted October 02, 2014
I have been working at Eastern since I started my career as an elementary educator. I say at least once a week, "I love my school and the people I work with." The staff at Eastern is so loving and caring to every child that walks through the doors of Eastern. This truly makes coming to work enjoyable knowing that there is a sense of a loving, family environment.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 02, 2014
After many years of teaching in and out of NC, I can say that Eastern Elementary is a top notch school. In this school, our students come first. They are nurtured on many levels to make them independent thinkers and learners. We work as a T.E.A.M. to prepare our students for success. Many teachers work well beyond their school hours doing "whatever it takes" to ensure your child gets whatever they need . Just step down our hallways and feel the positive energy from the staff and the students. Our commitment to this school, your children, and the community is shared by all that work here. That s why Eastern is the best school in Pitt County!
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 02, 2014
EES is warm, inviting, organized and full of professionals who do their job; protect, serve, and inspire children. Administration is made up of shining stars in our county. Highly trained, qualified and professional staff leads in the classroom and community. When you travel the hallways you hear excited teachers, engaged students, laughter, music and praise. When my child is school age I will absolutely, without a doubt enroll her at Eastern Elementary School.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2014
It is unfortunate that a parent can give our school a "one star rating" after 3 days of school! They have no background knowledge about the policies we have to follow or the precautions that are put into place. Where is the parent's responsibility in discussing concerns with the teacher or administration prior to the first day of school? How could the school have any background knowledge about a kindergarten child when the parent has not communicated the child's needs to the teacher or administration? Our school is loving, caring, supportive, friendly and results-oriented. All school should strive to be like Eastern Elementary.
9 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2014
Eastern is a very special place. Upon entering our school, you can feel that there is a difference. There is a vibe in the air unlike any other school I have ever been to in my life. We are a family. We care about one another. We work tirelessly to ensure that EVERY student we come in contact with (not just the ones we directly serve in classrooms) gets what they need and then some. We truly care about each and every student that walks in that door and we do all that we can to show that! We are a T.E.A.M. I am proud to be an Eastern Eagle!
9 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2014
This is my 4th year working at Eastern Elementary, and I could not have picked a better school to work. The staff here is absolutely amazing, and are always working together to come up with fun ideas for our students. The atmosphere we try to provide at our school is one of love, and support. We love every child that walks through our doors no matter what home situation they are coming from. Our administration here is amazing beyond words. Our principal is always ready to help/listen to a child or a staff member and she will do whatever she can to help. Our Assistant Principal is new this year but he has already done so many things to make our school better. The students look up to both of them as role models and I think that is very important in a school. I cannot wait to spend 26 more years at Eastern!
8 people found this helpful

Eastern Elementary School
1700 Cedar Lane, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top