Bad
Good

Huge school. They take security and the safety of the students seriously. But where are the test scores?

I am a former teacher for J. H. Rose High School. I worked there for two years with some of the most outstanding teachers and students in the nation. I taught there for 2 years when I first did lateral entry into Special Education. The principal there in 2004, when I was there, was an awesome professional. I thank them all, including students, for a wonderful beginning into my teaching career. They introduced me to how wonderful it can be to be an educator. I have missed them and I will forever be greatful.

I am an alumni of J.H. Rose High School. Some of the best times of my life were at Rose High School. I was active in marching band, student government, member of the Rose Swim team etc. I was not a fan of the principal's way of handling things, but the teachers I had were all phenomenal! I got accepted to every college I applied to, and it was because of the educational challenge i received at JHR! I highly recommend the high school to any new families moving into the area! J.H. Rose is the toughest academic environment of any high school in Pitt County!

I am not originally from Greenville, but moved here several years ago. All three of my children graduated from Rose HS and I was very pleased with the level of education they received - all graduated in the top 10% of their class and benefited greatly from the AP courses. They were all admitted to nationaly-recognized universities and performed well at the collegiate level thanks to the rigor of their high school education. Their teachers were excellent; most took great interest in motivating their students. Equally important, I believe my kids felt safe and, to my knowledge, never were vicitimized by abuse from other students.

Thisi is a wonderful school that is well rounded in academics and atheltics...i enjoy attending this school greatly!

I am not a parent but a student. My experience at JH Rose has been mixed, but more leaning to the negative side. The teachers at the school are not the problem; most of them are good, and some are excellent, given the resources they have. My main problem with the school is the bureaucracy. There are too many counselors, staff, etc. at the student services that aren't really helpful. If you ask them a question, they don't want to answer. This is just annoying. Rose is known now for its excellence in Math and Science AP examinations. If Rose wants to keep this up, it needs to do something about the quality of learning and the new legislation that is coming underway. We need to learn...not be restricted. Everyone deserves knowledge, which is most important. Test scores are secondary(by far) to this importance.

Last modified Junius H Rose High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.