Posted November 21, 2013
I don't have a child and don't know anyone whos kid goes to this school but I thought I'd share my experience anyway. I had to call the school regarding donations of school supplies to the school. After a couple of rings someone picks up and say "Hello!" but not in the friendly tone. I wasn't even sure I had the right number because it just did not sound professional like someone should sound when they work at the front desk. A few words into what I had to ask, I was interrupted and was told "Hold". After a few minutes my line was disconnected. Not sure if the lady answering was busy but there is simply no excuse to be rude like that. The worst part was when I called again, someone picked up and hung up immediately....so they thought. It turned out the phone didn't hang up all the way and I could hear a couple ladies speaking in the office . One thing I heard really clear was " I gotta get outta here" South Greenville Elementary, if a phone call alone is too much to handle, I wonder how you deal with the children who enrolls there? I never did get through and don't plan on trying to. To the lady who picked up that call, you need to get a different job. Your attitude stinks.

Posted June 05, 2013
I'm in the military, and have moved twice since my daughter was born. Of the three elementary schools she's been enrolled in, South Greenville is by far the most unprofessional. My family pays 100% for lunch, field trips, projects, and supplies; yet we are treated like we're bothers by both teacher and office staff. We were not allowed to speak with the teacher after school, and when we would return a call from the teacher, the office staff would most often forward us to the wrong extension or become belligerent. There are people begging for money in front of the liquor store when we pick up our child, as well as police presence at least once a week around the school from one altercation or another. There is a 20 minute window from 230 to 250 pm for you to pick up your child, and if you are outside of that window the phone calls will begin from angry school staff. We were given 15 minutes for a parent/teacher meeting on the actual planned meeting day, and were rushed out immediately after though we still had questions. Overall our experience with this school has been poor. We're planning on making Greenville our home, but will certainly be changing schools.

South Greenville Elementary School 0

Posted October 25, 2010
My granddaughter hashadexcellent teachers. And the rest of the staff and principal have made school a great experience for her.

Posted October 09, 2008
As many other reviewers have said, we were also nervous/skeptical about sending our daughter to kindergarten here. She loves it and her teachers are wonderful. She's only been in school for a few months, but I'm already seeing growth. She is discussing letters, reading and even recognizes some words when she sees them on things in life.

Posted September 18, 2008
We were very nervous to send our son here for Kindergarten for the same reason as most parents. Other schools in town definitely have better locations, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I LOVE the staff and haven't talked to a parent that doesn't. Great school!

Posted September 21, 2006
I was skeptical about sending my child to this school because of the outside surroundings. But, Im glad my husband and I decided to let him go. The staff members there are so welcoming-and I love my child teachers learning style. I have another one entering elementary school next year, and can't wait until she can get the same learning enviornment as my current child.

Posted April 15, 2006
Just by looking at the school and the area it's in, you would first think, this cannot be a good school. However, once you step inside, the attitude of everyone makes you think, this is indeed a family. My daughter attended this school form K-5, and my husband and I both feel, that this was the best elementary school in Pitt County. The involvement of the teachers as well as parents, was tremendous, and I actually cried when her time was over. I know that she will forever remember this school, because they taught her so much, and am proud to say that she has been an honor roll student since attending South Greenville and in her current middle school.

Posted July 18, 2005
As many people say, 'you shouldn't judge a book by its cover' and the same should be said about South Greenville. The quality of education far exceeds the physical appearance of the school. The teachers view each child as a unique learner and strive to help each student grow. I trust the highly trained staff each day with the job of caring for and teaching my child. I am proud to be a part of South Greenville!

Posted April 25, 2005
I think there can be some changes done with some extra fundings. But the overall view of the teachers to me is like anywhere else if you show that you care then they will show they care as well.

Posted December 17, 2004
My daughter attended this school for 3 weeks in Kindergarten. I pulled her out and paid for private school. I think is an unsatisfactory school.

South Greenville Elementary School
811 Howell Street, Greenville, NC  27834
Last modified South Greenville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Greenville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.