Greenville, NC

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 08, 2015
No, they like to take pictures of the teachers smiling with celebrities from the local college and then post it on face book to make the chief administrator and associates look good, like an advertisement of their successful career. In the end, it's the students who pay. So that keeps the students from learning by example.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 08, 2015
The teaching is not done in the classroom because the teachers usually are not paying attention to all the kids. The teacher hands out a piece of paper and the assistant quickly explains what the students should do. Questions by students get ignored and then it's the parent's job after a hard day's work to do the teaching until 11 pm each night because it was not done by the teacher. No follow up by the teacher except a signed sheet (that of course the parent signs because the parent did the teacher's job)!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 08, 2015
A student and their parent would have to have this to survive and atmosphere where the administrator, vice administrator and teachers are the most important and the students and their concerned parents least important.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 08, 2015
No, it's all about the careers of the administrators, staff, and teachers. The students are at the bottom of the totem pole.

Posted February 23, 2010
great school and a great atomsphere for all people keep up the great work Wahl-Coates Elementary I love you.

Posted July 21, 2009
I rate this School as a family oriented the teacher are well educated on the subject that is being taught,and their safety is very highly protected this school values every individuals as a person.

Posted April 06, 2006
We were very fortunate to be given permission to attend this school for my child's kindergarten & 1st grade years. My request for transfer wasn't approved for '06-07 and my family is heartbroken. This is a wonderful school. My child learned so, so much. All of her teachers have had a passion for teaching and loving on children. The school has alot of activities and I'm always amazed at the parental involvement. Parental involvement is very necessary regardless of what school your child attends. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone. We have truly loved everything about it.

Posted December 29, 2005
All 3 of my children attended Wahl-Coates and the experience and education they recieved there was wonderful. I have since moved to FLorida where my son finished his last 2 years in elementary school. I was very disappointed in the education and school support and parental invovement. Nothing compares to Wahl Coates for education, school experience, and parental involvement.

Posted May 13, 2005
I have a child who attended Wahl Coates for the first time this year and I have to say I was very pleased with that school. She was blessed with excellent kindergarten teachers Ms. Barrett & Mrs. Simmons. She learned alot this school year and her teachers were really great to work with. I would definitley recommend this school to anyone.

2200 East 5th Street, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified Wahl Coates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wahl Coates Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top