Wintergreen Intermediate School 5

Posted September 16, 2014
Excellent teachers. Very supportive. A lot of parental involvement. Students are treated as individuals and teachers work with parents to make them successful.

Wintergreen Intermediate School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
The school is a good school but they start on one subject for instance math two day on counting money then three days telling time. This could be very confusing to a child. They need to work on one until they get the concept.

Wintergreen Intermediate School 5

Posted December 17, 2012
We have had the best experiences with WGP and WGI. Our children are on the bright side and are put into all of the right classes and are doing wonderfully! I have nothing but nice things to say!

Wintergreen Intermediate School 1

Posted June 07, 2012
My daughter has attended 3rd-5th grade at WGI, and, overall, it has been a huge disappointment. We chose our house based on another school, and this was certainly a "bait and switch". We had virtually no problems with the other school. Fifth grade has been the absolute worst year of all here. If the teachers aren't just completely apathetic, they are malicious. Saying inappropriate things to my daughter in the presence of other classmates, having yelling/screaming fits at students, taunting them about not bringing their lunch. The implementation of a structured recess is an outrage. I completely agree with the May 25th post that the principal lacks fundamental communication skills and is an inferior leader. I didn't involve her in any of my concerns this year as I have only been met with apathy onher part in previous years. This school just really needs to "take out their trash"...the good aspects of the school are completely overshadowed by the unacceptable ones. My youngest child's last year of elementary school has been QUITE a sad one.

Posted May 25, 2012
I have to agree with the original assesment made of WI/PS. A large part of the problem is the principal. Her social skills towards parents and staff lack the appropriate levels listening and motivation.She fails to create an enviroment which is fun to work in and it is being afforded by the students learning.As a parent of a special needs child, her interpetation of 'No Child Left Behind' laws is forcing my child ahead to keep specific numbers up and not allowing her to gain the education she deserves.My above average child is being forced to stay behind and bored because the school does not offer stronger curriculum to meet her needs and the principal failed to to attened a meeting about skipping her ahead based on testing scores (done by a private agency).The school has consistantly maintained lower testing scores for the past 3 years in math and is listed as a title I school.I believe new leadership should be introduced to correct the problem.

Wintergreen Intermediate School 1

Posted February 21, 2010

Wintergreen Intermediate School 4

Posted May 30, 2007

Posted January 04, 2007
They do spend extra time with the 'slower' kids and the kids that are 'easy' to deal with and are not the best or the worst, get ignored. It has more than 600 students for grades 3-their!!! We have spent the year looking for charter schools and getting another job to pay for private school.

Posted July 29, 2004
I would have to disagree- the principal & office staff of WIS is great- however her hands are tied by the school board- they have forgotten how much better & easier it would be to maintain higher levels of everything with a smaller school. Some teachers have a difficult time teaching to the grade the student is in- ALWAYS teaching to the next grade. The previous good reputation at WIS is being tarnished very quickly. Pitt county needs to realize that bigger IS NOT always better. Too many good children are overlooked due to the fact that the 'unruly' children have the teachers full attention 80% of the time. When teachers can only teach 15-20 hours per week due to undisplicined children- THAT'S a HUGE problem. Good Luck WIS- you need it.

Posted January 07, 2004
'Wintergreen Intermediate was a tremendous disappointment. Despite its decent reputation, I found the principal unresponsive and my son's fifth grade teacher incompetent. The classroom strategy was geared toward 'teaching to the middle,' which did not afford the highly motivated students or the students who needed additional help many options. And even with 28 students to a classroom, I was told that my volunteer services were not needed, and I was specifically asked to limit my classroom visits to thirty minutes. Needless to say, my son was absolutely miserable there. We are now attending a supportive school with strong leadership.'

Wintergreen Intermediate School
4720 County Home Road, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified Wintergreen Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wintergreen Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top