Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

He haven't had any homework. So it's hard to tell what they are working on in class.

They don't communicate with the parents in a professional manner. I am a parent who is concerned and strict when it comes to education. When you ask questions they give you short answers like yes or no. I hate this school. My son tell me every night and morning that he don't like this school.

The teachers are great, and the school itself is in great condition, up kept well. However, the administration and school staff itself is inflexible and intolerant of the individual differences people (our children) possess. We have found they do not like to be flexible with children who need different learning styles or an adaptive enviroment, at the expense of my child losing interest in learning. He started here reading above level, with a great excitement about going to school , to now not wanting to go, and having frequent anxiety issues and lowered grades in just three years being there. While his IQ is high, this school has done nothing but discourage his growth and educational development because of their rigidness. He is distracted and smothered by their overbearing rules and redundancy that a more flexible learning environment could offer. If you have a true creative thinker, and innovating child who likes to think outside of the box, than I would say this is not the school for a them. Independent thinkers are not welcome.

I AGREE 100% with other parents about the MATH program, it's a BIG mess, all over the place and not a good structured base for future math learning. HOPEFULLY in the near future they will adopt a different program like Saxon Math and get out of the Common Core Math mess. Most of the teachers are very good, but some are plain lazy and don't care about teaching or motivating students.

My son enjoys school and by the end of school last year was reading above grade level. Yes, I was surprised at the amount of homework for the early grades but his teachers have been supportive and helpful! I remember a few years ago when this school did not have a great reputation, but we have truly been happy with our decision to put him in public school here. The teachers, facilities and environment are all great! He is doing well so far again this year and truly seems to enjoy school and I'm fact I would say he is thriving! I appreciate all this school is doing for my child and our community!

They have help my daughter with her reading in a way I wasn't able to help.

I have 2 children at the school. Yes, they are strict and I welcome it. The lack of discipline is the reason the world is in the state it is in. Discipline should start at home. My children make good grade and love school. You have to be a active parent and work with your children at home. I fully understand that the teachers are not there to be my friend or my children's friend. They are there to teach. No, it is not a perfect school but it is great for a public school.

My child just started here and I'm very impressed how organized this school is, so far I have no complaints about Wintergreen.

My daughter started 1st grade in Wintergreen for the 2012-2013 school year. So far...so good. I am honestly surprised at some of the really low parent reviews. I have spoken with several parents in this school and I would have to say at least 90% of them are happy with the school. The following are what I would consider the pros and cons: PROS: Very "up to date" amenities, good diverse mix of kids (very balanced with no extreme minority group, curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. CONS: The school is very large for a elementary school which may make it hard to "be heard" if you ever have a real issue. Most people I have talked to have loved their teachers. I'm sure (as in all schools) there may be a few teachers in this school you would want to steer clear of, but the majority of them are great (this is based on many people I have spoken with). With a school this large the chances exist that there will be a few not pleased and that is to be expected. I also would like to mention that my daughter was enrolled in a private school in g-ville for jr.K and K. We took her out for personal reasons, but I dont see any difference in the education level she is receiving.

We have had a terrible experience at this school. The discipline methods are outrageous, it is like a mini military academy where kids do not have any freedom. We found out the teacher was yelling in my son s face, threatening him about how he would be punished at home, my son started having emotional problems, became withdrawn and started crying himself to sleep every night. We ended up pulling him out of school and home schooling him. The school management is not very helpful or understanding either. When we complained, instead of compassion and help, we were met with an attitude. Keep away from this school if you can. The management needs to start listening to the parents and needs to start changing the way this school is run. It is definitely not a fun, nurturing environment, very disappointed.

Last modified Wintergreen Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2