Greenville, NC

Wintergreen Primary School 2

Posted March 19, 2015
The teachers are great, and the school itself is in great condition, up kept well. However, the administration and school staff itself is inflexible and intolerant of the individual differences people (our children) possess. We have found they do not like to be flexible with children who need different learning styles or an adaptive enviroment, at the expense of my child losing interest in learning. He started here reading above level, with a great excitement about going to school , to now not wanting to go, and having frequent anxiety issues and lowered grades in just three years being there. While his IQ is high, this school has done nothing but discourage his growth and educational development because of their rigidness. He is distracted and smothered by their overbearing rules and redundancy that a more flexible learning environment could offer. If you have a true creative thinker, and innovating child who likes to think outside of the box, than I would say this is not the school for a them. Independent thinkers are not welcome.

Wintergreen Primary School 3

Posted February 06, 2015
I AGREE 100% with other parents about the MATH program, it's a BIG mess, all over the place and not a good structured base for future math learning. HOPEFULLY in the near future they will adopt a different program like Saxon Math and get out of the Common Core Math mess. Most of the teachers are very good, but some are plain lazy and don't care about teaching or motivating students.

Posted September 21, 2014
My son enjoys school and by the end of school last year was reading above grade level. Yes, I was surprised at the amount of homework for the early grades but his teachers have been supportive and helpful! I remember a few years ago when this school did not have a great reputation, but we have truly been happy with our decision to put him in public school here. The teachers, facilities and environment are all great! He is doing well so far again this year and truly seems to enjoy school and I'm fact I would say he is thriving! I appreciate all this school is doing for my child and our community!

Posted August 27, 2014
They have help my daughter with her reading in a way I wasn't able to help.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have 2 children at the school. Yes, they are strict and I welcome it. The lack of discipline is the reason the world is in the state it is in. Discipline should start at home. My children make good grade and love school. You have to be a active parent and work with your children at home. I fully understand that the teachers are not there to be my friend or my children's friend. They are there to teach. No, it is not a perfect school but it is great for a public school.

Posted September 17, 2013
My child just started here and I'm very impressed how organized this school is, so far I have no complaints about Wintergreen.

Wintergreen Primary School 4

Posted October 08, 2012
My daughter started 1st grade in Wintergreen for the 2012-2013 school year. So far...so good. I am honestly surprised at some of the really low parent reviews. I have spoken with several parents in this school and I would have to say at least 90% of them are happy with the school. The following are what I would consider the pros and cons: PROS: Very "up to date" amenities, good diverse mix of kids (very balanced with no extreme minority group, curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. CONS: The school is very large for a elementary school which may make it hard to "be heard" if you ever have a real issue. Most people I have talked to have loved their teachers. I'm sure (as in all schools) there may be a few teachers in this school you would want to steer clear of, but the majority of them are great (this is based on many people I have spoken with). With a school this large the chances exist that there will be a few not pleased and that is to be expected. I also would like to mention that my daughter was enrolled in a private school in g-ville for jr.K and K. We took her out for personal reasons, but I dont see any difference in the education level she is receiving.

Wintergreen Primary School 1

Posted April 25, 2012
We have had a terrible experience at this school. The discipline methods are outrageous, it is like a mini military academy where kids do not have any freedom. We found out the teacher was yelling in my son s face, threatening him about how he would be punished at home, my son started having emotional problems, became withdrawn and started crying himself to sleep every night. We ended up pulling him out of school and home schooling him. The school management is not very helpful or understanding either. When we complained, instead of compassion and help, we were met with an attitude. Keep away from this school if you can. The management needs to start listening to the parents and needs to start changing the way this school is run. It is definitely not a fun, nurturing environment, very disappointed.

Wintergreen Primary School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
My child started K this year in this school. Oh, I wish I had read the reviews and I wish I have sent my child to another school. This is not a school... this is a very very strict environment for kids. In K kids should be happy about school, and not afraid of it. My child at the begging was afraid even to talk, or ask to go to the bathroom , because was afraid that he would get a bad report! And we are talking K. Not to mention that the principal is not at all cooperative with your problems. My child is a very good student, but still I am unhappy with the way they treat kids. They have some really bad rules to discipline the kids that are unheard to me. If you have a choice do not send your child there!

Wintergreen Primary School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
I have 2 children at this school. My daughter started last year as a kindergartener and had a great teacher and no issues. My son has started this year and it has been horrible all the way through this first nine weeks. They are super strict on these young kids. They send negative notes home about the least little thing. They definitely do no like them to talk...at all! Kindergarten is supposed to be a fun time of learning what it is like to be in school and to try to adjust to this new environment. We never had any issues when he was in preschool; and it was a structured preschool. It is very disheartening when you have to constantly remind your child that they are a good child despite the negativity that is constantly coming home. We can't wait to be in a new district and try another school.

Wintergreen Primary School
4710 County Home Road, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified Wintergreen Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Wintergreen Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top