K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

People are constantly being bullied by the snobby rich kids and no teachers do anything

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They pass everyone even if you fail.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Only two teachers (in middle school) are good, and that is History and religion

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They assign an insane amount of homework every single night

We attended St. Peter's for 2 years. While I would not call it a bad school; I personally had a hard time trying to justify why we were paying tuition every month. My child did not get anything educationally "above and beyond" from this school what he would have in a local public school. I now realize we would have been better off saving that tuition for retirement/children's college fund. The class sizes are too large for a private school, there is very little individualized attention if your child needs it, WAY too much parent volunteer required (for parents that work, it's a stress!), there is a portion of kids/families in this school that are relatively clicky/snobby. Unless you are a die hard catholic or have plenty of money to expend......I would look elsewhere for a private school.

I am not Catholic and our daughter goes to school here. The school does care about the students as a person and just a warm body. Teachers go above and beyond what they have to do to make sure that students are developing at the right level. They don't tolerate mistreatment of others and the students know this. At the same time it's not like you see in the movies or hear about from years ago in relation to punishment. They use their words to explain why something is wrong and the students feel safer because they know the teachers look out for all of them equally. I've had a great experience and my daughter has been very happy since she started here. I'm glad that we made the switch to place her at St. Peter's and if you visit other schools you will see the difference. Don't just take my word for it....go for a visit! I hope this helps.

I'm glad my kids are finally out of the cramped classroom, nasty staff and unfriendly classmates. And I'm super happy that I don't have to hear everyday about moms gossips, school begging for money or parents volunteering. The catholic/religious part it's irrelevant if this kids don't come from christians practitioners families. Good education and moral values starts at home.

I graduated from this school last year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The teachers were very caring and helpful. The biggest con was its limited variety of extracurricular activities.

Last modified St. Peter's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8