Greenville, NC

Posted October 15, 2014
I had to give my two cents. We've moved from another county this summer and there's just a wonderful difference between my son's old school which may have had higher test scores but just didn't have Lakeforest elm's nurturing enviornment. I am so happy with with this school. Just the school's atmosphere in general is welcoming and respectful towards the parents as well as uplifting for the children. The principal has obvious drive and pride in her students (check their facebook page), one of the assistant principal's just won the best of Pitt county award I met the second one and she was very nice, the kids walk through the halls in a way that leaves zero room for bullying, all meals are now free for all students this year, the teachers are using an app that allows the parents to see how the kids are doing throughout the day as well as communicate w/ each other and his teachers both general ed and special education have been great. And the building is beautiful inside and out. My son loves it and I have no complaints this far.

Posted October 10, 2014
Say what you want about LFE. You can ever write a bad review of our school. However, I would like to let you know, OUR Assistant Principal received a HUGE acknowledgement last night. He has been chose to be Pitt County Schools Assistant Principal of the Year! We are doing our best at LFE!!! GO FROGS!!!!

Lakeforest Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2014
At first I thought this school was a good school but the higher the grades my kids got to the worser it is getting. To start out with the problem of no school books and then the teachers, they aren't teaching kids like the used to,they show the kids one or two examples and then they send the work home for the parents to teach the kids. Another issue is the fact that most of the time there are substitutes in the classroom more than the actual teacher so that's another reason I feel our kids aren't being taught as accurately as they should be.

Posted October 08, 2014
Lakeforest Elementary not only has a beautiful and well-maintained campus but this school employs some of the most caring and hard-working teachers, administrators and staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Their dedication is only surpassed by their desire for all students to be successful. Having been around a while in education, I can honestly say that this school is a top jewel in the crown of education, not just in Pitt County, but in North Carolina.

Posted October 08, 2014
Great school with great students, parents, and staff/faculty. It is our mission to ensure through partnership with home and community, to prepare ALL students to meet the high expectations of an ever changing global society.

Posted October 08, 2014
Lakeforest is a great school that's stacked with an amazing staff. Proud to call this place my home!

Posted October 08, 2014
As a new staff member at Lakeforest Elementary this year, I am truly impressed with how much our teachers and administration care about our students' academic and personal success. The new standards and high stakes testing are issues that our state and country are experiencing as a whole, and I believe we try our best to support our students and families when it comes to personalizing education and preparing students for future educational experiences.

Lakeforest Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
This school has issues. It doesn't seem like there is any consistent vision from the administration.

Posted October 08, 2014
Great place to work. The environment is conducive for learning. The staff and students are one big family.

Posted October 08, 2014
I chose to come to Lakeforest and teach. I love what I do. There are days it is a challenge but I know we are doing what is best for children. I find that if I have a concern and have a possible solution I am always listened to and changes are made when possible. It is not always easy to know the why but if you cannot voice your concerns in a civil manner and offer some suggestions then really you are just complaining. I work long hours to give the students what they need and have had very good parent support. I am extremely involved in all activities and try to look out for all students and not just my class or myself. I am sad that people think we are a bad school. We have great staff, students and administration who are doing what is best for students. We need to hold everyone to high expectations including the community. Oh we're proud to be the frogs!!!!

Lakeforest Elementary School
3300 Briarcliff Drive, Greenville, NC  27834
Last modified Lakeforest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeforest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top