Greenville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,487

Posted April 25, 2009
I am a student that is highly involved and proud to be a viking. I would like to commend our teachers on their willingness to be helpful. All you have to do is ask and they are there to help you succeed. Especially the math department, as there is usually at least 1 day a week for afterschool tutoring. We have tons of school spirit and the Conley Crazies definately help drive that. There are some teachers that are strict and hateful at times, they really are trying to prepare you for the next level. One bad thing is the fact that our school isn't very clean. The new building looks good, but there are many classrooms in the old part that are gross, not to mention the disgusting trailers.

Posted September 25, 2008
I am a student involved in multiple assets in the DH Conley community and enjoy it greatly.

D H Conley High School

Posted January 11, 2008
You are judging the school without knowing the entire staff. Did you have any involvement with the Arts Department?

Posted May 23, 2007
I am the parent of a student taking 3 Advanced Placement courses at D.H. Conley. I want to take a moment to commend his A.P. United States history teacher, Mrs. Susan Pearce, in doing such a marvelous job with her students. My son comes home almost daily and raves about the knowledge this woman has and how brilliant she is. She is very challenging, but that is the nature of an A.P. course. Thank you, Mrs. Pearce, for doing such a fine job with your students. Overall, I think Conley is a fine school. It also has a great deal of school spirit.

Posted April 05, 2007
This is my son's first year at Conley. The teacher support for all students is great! You don't have to qualify through testing or be low to get after school tutoring. The teachers welcome parental invlovement. From the first day I walked in counselors and teachers are helpful.

Posted November 13, 2005
Have always had my son in private/Christian schools. Was pleasantly suprised by our 1st year experience at Conley. Teachers are easily accessible through e-mail and everyone has been most helpful. Positive environment. My child takes Honors courses and I believe they are taught very well and are above the standards I have found in other schools. (Was previously a teacher) I am so glad that we made the transition to this highschool. Am looking forward to 3 more years!

D H Conley High School 2

Posted March 03, 2005
I teach in Pitt County and have worked in several schools in this county. I would rate this school as the worst high school in Pitt County. First of all the ratio of teacher to students is incorrect. You can not ever get up with the teachers at the school. I would rate the coaching staff at the school as one of the best in the county. As busy as they are, they drop whatever they are doing to take the time to talk to parents. It does not have to be about the sport their child is in. They are there to immediately assist the student athletes and parents on short notice.

Posted February 20, 2005
One of the Best High Schools in Pitt County when assessing the students, faculty and their enthusiasm and achievements. Great student population with positive attitudes and supportive atmosphere. Second largest student enrollment in the county. However, the school has received extremely poor support by the Pitt County Schools Central Offices, the School Board and elected representatives on improvements and expansion of the facilities and programs. Athletes, Coaches and teams are great, however, again have inequities between the high schools in the county, expecially in the area of athletic facilities. We have the High School with second largest student population and yet have had no action from our school board to address these issues. The Students, Faculty and Staff are to be commended and have been creative enough to make this a good school - imagine what they could do with full support of the board.

D H Conley High School
2006 Worthington Road, Greenville, NC  27858
Last modified D H Conley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D H Conley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top