Posted June 09, 2014
I do not normally voice my concerns on social platforms but I want prospective parents to beware. I would not recommend this school to anyone who cares about the quality of their child s education. My son is in Kindergarten and this is the last week of school. My wife and I both feel he hasn t learned very much. In addition, most of the teachers and administrators are not friendly and do not appear to be very caring. It feels like they are just there to collect a paycheck. Lastly there are too many rules. It feels more like bureaucratic institution rather than a nurturing learning environment. Needless to say, he is not returning to this school.

Posted January 06, 2012
We withdrew our son after he was attacked by another student. This school has very serious problems with leadership, and keeping children safe. Could be one of the worst schools in the county. If your child goes here, make sure everyday to ask them how everything is going, and if you start seeing problems with behavior and such prepare for a battle from everyone. Your better off homeschooling.

Falkland Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
this school spends to much time on discipline and not enough time on providing children with the motivation, love, and support that they need in order to be successful learners. There are many successful students attending Falkland that make the principal's list and/or honor roll, but seem to have some sort of behavior problem (ACCORDING TO TEACHERS AND THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL), But I think this proves that there is a lack of nurturing, wisdom, and understanding in that school's environment and that authorities should look into an issue such as this.

Posted March 21, 2011
Mr. Teel was an awesome prinicple I miss him, despite all the trouble my children had here. Some of my neighbors have removed thier children due to the fact of teachers saying negative comments to the students. The issues are really never resolved. The new principle I have not met but she signs her name to paperwork without even knowing a person. They need better orgnization and implementation. They need better strategies between student teacher relationships, and parent school staff relationships. It could be a good school but after a year of experience they havent made it yet. They need better staff with positive attitudes that won't send children down stream.

Posted May 17, 2010
When my child was having trouble with his work and needed a tutor the principal told me to go to Sylvan. Who could afford that? I was refused access to my kids when they forgot their lunch box at home so i threatened to contact the media and the tune changed but i shouldn't have had to go that far.The pricipal changes rules every week without knowledge, input, nor due process. My kids were fed fruit water and bread when they had lunch money.If for some reason you pay for a field trip and can't go you can't get your money back.The teachers even dislike some of the schools processes and the leadership which strongly needs restructuring. I wouldn't recommend no one to send their child because you have no one on your side to help your child succeed.Funds are not used in the best interest of the children.

Posted April 29, 2010
This is the third year my child has gone to this school. We have had nothing but problems. She is a straight A student. The first time she got in trouble with something she got ISS, even though the hand book states that there should be a different punishment. Also I have witnessed were there was an emergency for one family and the lady was on the sign out list to pick up the children and the school would not let her pick up the kids. I have spoken to so many parents that have similar stories.

Falkland Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009
I agree with what this parent has stated. I am a parent with two kids in this school and my kids never had write ups until they got here. They have had issues on the bus also. I am upset at the fact that when you have problems and want to talk to the principal they always send you to the assistant. They have weird rules and are not family friendly. You can't bring any younger siblings to any functions that they have. I wanted to spend some time in the class with one of my kids because of a behavior issue so I could see what was going on with him and they wouldn't let me do that. I also asked for my child to be moved to a separate location in order to stay focused and learn better but that was an issue due to other kids being isolated.

Falkland Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2009
This is our first year at Falkland and so far it's been really good I have 3 there. I wish they would give more homework other than spelling words every week but thats something that I would need to talk to the teacher with.The only problem i really have is I don't like the PTA the parents don't get to give any in-put on any kind of event that would be good to use, that's something that would need to be talk out with the principal. Over all its a good school.

Falkland Elementary School
503 North Carolina 121, Greenville, NC  27834
Last modified Falkland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Falkland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.