Greenville, NC

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
I love how the teachers are ready to help out the students who are struggling or answer questions for parents who may not understand something. All the teachers that my children have had have always gotten back to me in a very timely mannner when I have emailed them or called them about my child. They are ready to discuss what they see in the classroom, good and bad habits, and ready to help find a solution...not just what can the student or parent do, but what can we all do- student, parent, and teachers. You can tell that they truly want to see all their students succeed!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
That is one thing I truly love about Pactolus. I can go there and I see the teachers treating my kids with the same respect that I have taught them to use. The faculty and staff teach their students by showing them, they don't just say, "Do this..." They actually do it themselves.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
Pactolus has monthly character words that they teach the students and go over everyday over the intercom system. Then, they review these words during their awards days every nine weeks and give awards to students who have portrayed those characteristics. It encourages positive behavior at school and outside of school.

Posted August 26, 2015
My son went to Pactolus in middle school and loved it so much he didn't want to leave to go to ninth grade this year. My daughter is in third grade this year and has been there since kindergarten. We love Pactolus and it's faculty and staff. Mr. Lassiter and Ms. Cecil have really put things in place to engage the students and their parents. I think this is very important! A child's education depends on 3 major faactors, the child, their parents, and their school. Pactolus does all it can to make sure all three are apart of their students' education by having family events for everyone to meet and have fun together and show their support to the students. Again, WE LOVE PACTOLUS!!

Posted August 20, 2015
Everyone has been very helpful with my grandson Shemar. His teachers and special teacher are great with him even though he has a speech difficulty

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 20, 2015
The staff and teachers were very helpful and friendly. We think we will love it here

Posted August 20, 2015
my son have really enjoyed pactolus school he enjoys learning.... i have went to pactolus when i wasd a littke girl and enjoy it and im glad my sin is enjoying hisself keep up the good work

Pactolus Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
This school is so wack...I swear never in my life had I ever went to a more terrible school with childish freaks who need to get a life.They spend so much time picking on someone than learning and sometimes they being a bully and has no clue they are being one.I've been wanting to go to a different school for a long time.If u want 2 go 2 a good educational school do not choose this one

Pactolus Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2012
First off, My son was attacked by a bus driver and the school didn't even have the common sense to call me. When I asked for information into this matter I was told it was an "in school" issue and they couldn't give me any information. I was forced to take this to the local news. The bus driver was removed, and put in the school as a janitor!! My son has continued to be bullied by other kids over the issue and the school has done nothing to stop it. In fact, I have had to deal with the school more than 20 times over issues since Dec. This school has some major problems that need to be addressed. Rather than make our kids feel safe, and give them a good education, they leave the kids afraid to go to school. I think they should start by removing the principal and VP; neither of them have proven to me that they are able to run a school. If I were reading these reviews to decide if my kids should go to this school, I'd be weary, look to another school to educate my kids, because this school should be investigated. They are big on violating the Childs rights, and basically telling the parent "too bad". I am forced to give them one star by default but it should be zero.

Posted May 26, 2010
My daughter has attened Pactolus K-2nd grade and loves the school. The staff is great...extra shout out to Ms.Morning and Ms.Davis who had to take over my daughters class after Ms.Snow had to leave for unexpected reasons. I know it must be difficult to take on a class after half the school year is already gone! We do need more parent involvement but the parents that do help are great and thats the parents fault not the schools! The principal is a great leader and does very well! Im very happy with my daughter attending Pactolus and she will remain there through 8th grade!! I know they will have her more than prepared to enter high school!

3405 Yankee Hall Road, Greenville, NC  27834
Last modified Pactolus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pactolus Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top