North Topsail Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2014
I took my time writing this review we have actually been with in the school system for the past 3 years. I have been very impressed with North Topsail. The principal and teachers have been so amazing. Especially with my youngest son. He needed a little more one on one attention and now he is excelling at great lengths. The only negative thing I could say is that of the parents. When there is an assembly or a performance, I would like to be able to hear the teachers talking and my children singing etc. All I can hear are the rude parents who talk through it all. Even when asked to hold it down they continue to talk. I have never experienced that before. We were there for an informational meeting and we ended up leaving because we could not hear the Speaker over the rude attendees. Its the same thing at the pta meetings. People need to show some respect. These are the teachers and staff who are taking care of our children.

North Topsail Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
We are fairly new to NC and had heard nothing but great things about NTES. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I will start off by saying I am very pleased with the principal. He has taken care of multiple issues for me, often the same day it is brought to his attention. My issues are with my daughter's teacher. She is very unorganized and just doesn't listen to her students. Many times money is misplaced when sent in for field trips, t-shirts for the class, etc. I've also had problems with her teacher not taking care of things such as hitting, pinching, kids poking other kids in the arm with pencils, etc. I don't know how many times my child has come home with marks on her arms from this kind of behavior. I guess I expect more out of teachers (and parents) to teach children not to put their hands on other people. I do not tolerate this behavior in my home, so I would certainly not expect it to take place in school. So this is our first and last year in this school. We will be homeschooling from this point on.

Posted December 02, 2012
I've always used this site as a guide to evaluating schools, but I have to say this has really missed the mark. NTES a 6?! That's ridiculous. This is an awesome school. We have moved for work several times in the past few years, and this is the best school we've seen. Our daughter is so happy here! The teachers are excellent & find fun and exciting ways to challenge the students. The principal and PTA are also excellent & the communication with the parents is unparalleled. I would encourage anyone using this as a guide to drill down into the scores that make up the overall score & not take it at face-value. NTES is great & we can't wait for our two boys to start Kindergarten there next year!

Posted January 07, 2012
I currently have two children attending their first year at NTES. They both have special needs (asperger's and anxiety disorders) and are in regular classes. NTES has been outstanding. We could not have asked for better teachers and administration. My oldest son was bullied and it was taken care of immediately, before I ever had to even get involved. My second grader is challenged to work to his full potential and at the same time nurtured and loved through his tougher emotional days. We have been very impressed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area.

North Topsail Elementary School 4

Posted February 04, 2009

Posted August 10, 2008

North Topsail Elementary School
1310 Sloop Point Loop Road, Hampstead, NC  28443
Last modified North Topsail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Topsail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.