Hampstead, NC

Posted July 12, 2014
I took my time writing this review we have actually been with in the school system for the past 3 years. I have been very impressed with North Topsail. The principal and teachers have been so amazing. Especially with my youngest son. He needed a little more one on one attention and now he is excelling at great lengths. The only negative thing I could say is that of the parents. When there is an assembly or a performance, I would like to be able to hear the teachers talking and my children singing etc. All I can hear are the rude parents who talk through it all. Even when asked to hold it down they continue to talk. I have never experienced that before. We were there for an informational meeting and we ended up leaving because we could not hear the Speaker over the rude attendees. Its the same thing at the pta meetings. People need to show some respect. These are the teachers and staff who are taking care of our children.

North Topsail Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
We are fairly new to NC and had heard nothing but great things about NTES. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I will start off by saying I am very pleased with the principal. He has taken care of multiple issues for me, often the same day it is brought to his attention. My issues are with my daughter's teacher. She is very unorganized and just doesn't listen to her students. Many times money is misplaced when sent in for field trips, t-shirts for the class, etc. I've also had problems with her teacher not taking care of things such as hitting, pinching, kids poking other kids in the arm with pencils, etc. I don't know how many times my child has come home with marks on her arms from this kind of behavior. I guess I expect more out of teachers (and parents) to teach children not to put their hands on other people. I do not tolerate this behavior in my home, so I would certainly not expect it to take place in school. So this is our first and last year in this school. We will be homeschooling from this point on.

Posted December 02, 2012
I've always used this site as a guide to evaluating schools, but I have to say this has really missed the mark. NTES a 6?! That's ridiculous. This is an awesome school. We have moved for work several times in the past few years, and this is the best school we've seen. Our daughter is so happy here! The teachers are excellent & find fun and exciting ways to challenge the students. The principal and PTA are also excellent & the communication with the parents is unparalleled. I would encourage anyone using this as a guide to drill down into the scores that make up the overall score & not take it at face-value. NTES is great & we can't wait for our two boys to start Kindergarten there next year!

Posted January 07, 2012
I currently have two children attending their first year at NTES. They both have special needs (asperger's and anxiety disorders) and are in regular classes. NTES has been outstanding. We could not have asked for better teachers and administration. My oldest son was bullied and it was taken care of immediately, before I ever had to even get involved. My second grader is challenged to work to his full potential and at the same time nurtured and loved through his tougher emotional days. We have been very impressed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area.

Posted March 19, 2008
My children attend North Topsail Elemenary. I am very pleased with the school and my children's teachers, so far. Don't care for the way some teachers talk down to the students in the hallways. I've heard this more than once. Also,I have been 'talked down' to as a volunteering parents by the same teachers roaming the halls, who don't know me.

North Topsail Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2008
I have to say that there are some fine teachers at NT, but after reading the review of a parent from January 8th, I agree that the school is in need of some 'solid leadership'. Overall, teachers and staff seem only 'slighty' concerned about things going on around them. On many occasions visiting the main office I was greeted with a very cold may I help you, or was unnoticed until a staff member happened to look up and see me. Also speaking to parents I have found out that fighting at recess and in the hallways goes on quite frequently and it's usually caused by a couple of kids and punishment is either light or not administered. I have also attended PTA meetings and I am again not impressed by leadership of this school. I am a life long resident of NC and disappointed.

North Topsail Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2008
I am a teacher and so I am very reluctant to make negative comments about the school system. But I also believe that parents who are looking at this site are doing so because they value their childrens education as much as I do. It is January and I have already moved my child to a private school. I do not believe that NTES is a bad school but, it is really in need of good solid leadership. My child did not have academic needs met and there were a lot of social issues as well. From my understanding, this is good for North Carolina. However, we are new to the area and it is not good enough for us. I expect more from my tax dollars.

Posted September 10, 2007
I am a parent of a student so far so good love the teacher mrs cline

Posted February 21, 2007
I am proud to say that my daughter goes to North Topsail. She is currently enrolled in the first grade, but has been tested to be reading on a fifth grade level. I am overwhelmed by the support and encouragement given to my daughter, and how her teachers work so hard to keep her challenged at her level. The staff and teachers have been dealt a real blow with the increase in student population in the last few years and you wouldn't be able to tell from looking in a classroom. The teachers work so well at grouping the children according to their needs and making sure that everyone can succeed. I have volunteered my time in the classroom as often as I could and am happy to say that I'm fully pleased with the parent and teacher involvement with the students.

Posted August 16, 2005
I was very happy with my daughters education and experience at NTES during her kindergarten year. I thought her teachers were great, they were supposrtive, encouraging, and handled their students calmly and respectfully. (I thought) they were able to work with all the students academic levels, and those students who were progressing faster were encouraged to help their classmates which I thought was great. The only real disappoinments i had were the lack of an art room, a music room and computer labs due to overcrowding.

North Topsail Elementary School
1310 Sloop Point Loop Road, Hampstead, NC  28443
Last modified North Topsail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Topsail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top