Bad
Good

Very poor with regard to respect toward children, lots of fighting and bullying. Poor teaching from most teachers. If you play sports you are treated better. I am very disappointed in this school and will be glad to move my child to a better district next week.

This school has a terrible special education department because they do not follow the IEP plan, and they are very inconsistent. There is very poor communication between school and home as well. They do not take bullying seriously at this school. My son has been bullied repeatedly even though we had made several reports.

I honestly don't wanna go to high school but the band teacher is skittles strick

By the way this school mainly cares about is sports,this goes with the post under it.

My son was bullied at this school. And when he fought back he was the one who was suspended for the remainder of the school year. Which was 5 months. There are serious racial issues going on at the school. Good thing there is a better middle school that I can drive my son to.

This school is horrific. One great teacher. The rest of the adminstration is very good at telling you what you want to hear but not doing as they say. There is alot of racial issues that cant and won't be handled or addressed by the admin. Bully's rule the school right infront of the Principal. All you will get is lip service from the admin. for any problems that arise.

I love Havelock Middle School becuase of its teachers and how easy they make it to learn the material

I did not feel my child was safe at this school. There are a lot of bullies,, My child is depress Discipline is not consistent. There are a lot of discipline problems at this school I am very UNHAPPY!

I am very unhappy at being a student in HMS because the principal Mr.Wallace is forever yelling at us about grades and being the best. Wheres are chance to just be us? Do we need to hear our scores as well as the county's scores every day? Another thing is the uniforms, WE CAN'T RELAX! Teachers and administraters are always pointing out faults in our uniforms. Does it really matter if our shirt is 'crimson' instead of red? I really think that HMS goes a little too far.......

This school has a few wonderful teachers. However, they do not receive the support that they need from the administration. There are other teachers at the school they should not be teaching, they have lost their focus on student wellbeing I did not feel my child was safe at this school. Discipline is not consistant.

Last modified Havelock Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.