Posted February 08, 2014
I would not recommend this school. Both of my children went here. I eventually took my son out and transferred him to the less desirable Havelock middle and am so glad that I did! The6th grade teachers and counselor at tucker creek were pathetic. We requested several conferences and the teacher would just sit there like deer in head lights they never had anything prepared. We as the parents would have to do all the talking and planning. We requested our son have an IEP the first week of school and they completely dropped the ball and did nothing. Time was wasted and anyone who has ever tried to get a 504 or an IEP in place for their child knows how difficult this can be. Needless to say, we are much happier at Havelock middle and our daughter has moved onto the high school. Good luck!

Posted March 21, 2013
Horrible teachers. I've requested tutoring several times, my requests go unnoticed. One teacher even announced my daughters failing grade to the class and told her not to bother going back for volleyball try-outs nor student counsel. These 7th grade teachers have failed.

Posted July 14, 2011
I like the teacher there. They will talk with you, they will help you with problems, it is a very individualized system

Posted April 03, 2011
One of the teachers from that school thought it would be a good idea to tell everyone in her neighborhood about a kid getting into trouble at the school. Apparently ethics and personal privacy do not apply to her or the school. She still works there. I would have fired her. I hear nothing but negative things about the majority of the teachers there. They are condesending and rude and smart mouthed. I can sort of understand this, but at the same time these teachers need to grow a bigger heart. I was not aware that the Grinch had cousins and other family members that work there. I will never allow my child to go there. No matter what they are rated as, the teachers are heartless and thoughtless when it comes to the kids in general.

Posted March 30, 2011
Excellent School. Excellent Teachers. My son was behind when we moved to TCMS, the teachers worked with him to get him caught up. He is now starting high school as a straight A student. We love this school! The engrade program is excellent. We are able to check our son's grades and homework from our home computer. We recommend Tucker Creek to any new family moving to the area. It is a great friendly environment!

Posted September 07, 2010
Wonderful staff and facilities. I have a son who attended TCMS and now have a daughter who is in the 8th grade there. My third will begin there next year and I can't wait. My family will have a collective time of 9 years with TCMS when its all said and done and I feel blessed.

Tucker Creek Middle 0

Posted May 10, 2010
I was a TCMS student and I love this school. The teachers are great and I would recommend this school to ANYONE.

Posted April 17, 2009

Tucker Creek Middle 0

Posted January 01, 2009
I really enjoy this school, this is my second year here. The dress code is too strict and the teachers are too hard on the sixth graders. But overall, its a great school. I also think that there arent enough extra credit chances. That has really effected my grades.

Tucker Creek Middle 3

Posted May 28, 2008
This is my daughters first year attending TCM and although impressed with every aspect,when it came time to get my daughter some extra help and tutoring. I got the total run around. I made the request in person at the guidance office in Feb. and it is now the end of May. I have been in person,emailed, and called. None of those worked. My daughters grade is a reflection of the lack of support and concern. Even her teacher never contacted me or let anyone know that her grade in math was slipping. He just left her to struggle on her own. I can only help so much at home b/c this isn't the math I did in school. I am angry and frustrated that they have not only failed me as a concerned parent but my daughter as well.

Tucker Creek Middle
200 Sermons Boulevard, Havelock, NC  28532
Last modified Tucker Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucker Creek Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.