Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Tucker Creek Middle 3

Posted May 20, 2016
My two children have attended this school for one year. We have consistently had issues with one teacher who seems to not care about the concerns a parent has. My son has had trouble in this teachers class and I would think she would take the time to explain stuff to not only the child but to the parents. My son tells me he doesn't turn certain work in when he should because he is afraid she will rip it up. I'm tired of feeling like its a one way street with communication with this teacher. She gives poor answers to my questions and never explains the work he needs to do. I went to an administrator at the school and he was just as bad as she is. He didn't act concerned and would only say to me that he could not tell me how they discipline their teachers. That's not what I was asking. I was a concerned parent who wanted answers about a rude teacher.... It was a pointless conversation. I admit I could never be a teacher and I am sure it is difficult. But if you are a teacher I would expect you to treat the children as you would your own. To not put them down or let other students write horrible quotes on your board like " you will never amount to anything " or saying to your student " go ahead an go home and cry to your parents who will come crying to me about how you were crying " what is that!!! Horrible. The only way I would keep my student hear would be with a promise she would leave. My son is no perfect child but this is why I am involved and request communication with teachers. I do not like to feel as if I am bothering a teacher when I have concerns...

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 20, 2016
Depends on the teacher. Some teachers are great but the one is horrible . Just horrible

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
Some teachers should take a refresher course. Understand how to speak to students and respect them as your would want respect

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 14, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Thornton for being the type of person that my son loves to learn from. I wish they could all be you. You are what every parent wants for their child in a teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 14, 2016
Some are very effective. Some are real jerks who don't care about their students and feel they can be disrespectful to parents with impunity. Sadly, the jerks make the rest look bad.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 14, 2016
My son was given 8 hours of homework for one assignment. The principal told me it was the correct amount and I asked it he included the homework from the other 3 classes. There are state prescribed guidelines schools are supposed to follow. I feel like I am asked to help my son do more homework than I did in teaching college.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
No. Turn something in? Don't turn it in. They don't care. There is one teacher I wish we could clone across the entire 7th grade. My son tells me about how it is clear she cares about her students unlike the teacher opposite her. My son has A and B in her class. D's in his class- the one who told me "Do Not Contact Me Again" about my child.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted April 14, 2016
Respect for those with power over you? Like screaming teachers? I think some teachers give others a bad name.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
If you play sports or are part of a particular group, you have value. If not, you are in the others' way. You should see the way the kids split up into groups based on who their group is. Have a disability? Well. You make more work for them. They are harsh and cruel to some of these kids.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
I found an assignment to be illegal on multiple grounds. They fixed it for my child but refused to do it for the other children even though they will discontinue the assignment next year.

200 Sermons Blvd, Havelock, NC  28532
Last modified Tucker Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.