Havelock, NC

Posted November 19, 2012
This school seems to be in decline. Some teachers are trying but the boats taking on too much water. The new asst. principal Mr. Smith yells at kids and is quick to pass judgement before getting the facts straight. When we approached the principal with the teacher who was able to prove the asst principal wrong in his assessment the principal said he has to back his asst principals decision. Commendable, but too proud to admit a mistake was made. Very disappointed in the leadership of this school.

Posted November 08, 2011
This school is a joke. My son has ADHD. I have informed the teachers and Principal of what it is that he needs to thrive in a school setting. They have totally disregarded, and frankly I dont think ANY of them knows what it takes to deal with a kid with ADHD or any learning disabilities. they need to ensure that their teachers a really trained and prepared to handle ANY type of personality of a kid. My son went through THREE teachers in one year, and learned absolutley nothing! Complete waste of a school year! This school needs help. And soon. WILL NOT be enrolling my kids in this school next year. I dont care if I have to drive far to another school. I will.

Posted July 26, 2011
I would not recommend this school to my worst enemy. We moved here mid school year and the environment was just horrible. My son who is a very quiet child, was labeled to fail with in two weeks of being at this school. Once I pulled him and put him into a local charter school he did great. But at this school they didn't care enough to try to get my son to open up so they just marked him for failure which is just not right. Like I said I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to send their kids to this school.

Roger R Bell Elementary 5

Posted April 25, 2010
You could call my son a troublemaker. So when he had 2 brain surgeries this past January all the staff were very supportive through the whole thing. My son suffered a month of misdiagnoses and if it wasn't for the school nurse, who suspected his condition was much more serious than 'tension headaches' is what helped him start getting treatment much earlier than what seemed like never. I have no complaints about this school.

Roger R Bell Elementary 5

Posted February 17, 2010
I absolutely love this school!!!! My daughter is in kindergarten and she is doing amazingly well. Almost the entire staff knows her by name, including the principal. Her teachers have her academics at heart. They push her to do the best at everything she does as well as push the parents to be involved in their child's education as much as possible. Which in my opinion is exactly how it should be. I highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted February 16, 2010
My child will not be returning to Roger Bell. I have seen a lot of good schools and this is not one of them. The teachers and staff seem to care more about their social lives than being teachers

Posted February 11, 2010
My daughter transferred mid year into this school. It was the closest school to our house so my husband enrolled her. At the end of the year she will be leaving. The teachers are mean, unorganized and yell at their students. I thought it was just my daughters teacher but the entire staff has an 'I don't care' attitude. I wanted to like it because the principal seemed nice but I can't. I only wish I would have researched it more before letting her go. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS GO HERE!!!

Posted February 04, 2010
Take your kids to another school. The teachers do not respond to phone calls or emails ever. If you schedule a conference you have a 90% chance that one or more teachers will not show up or even call to let you know it needs to be rescheduled.

Posted November 01, 2009
RBE has a staff and faculty that cares for all the children and their families. We are all in education together.

Posted October 26, 2009
RBE is a fantastic school! My son has been a student four years and has had top-quality teachers year after year.

Roger R Bell Elementary
804 Fontana Boulevard, Havelock, NC  28532
Last modified Roger R Bell Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roger R Bell Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top