PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Heritage Hall International School 1

Posted November 15, 2010
Our kids spent 5 years here, which was about 4 1/2 years too long. I do believe this is a school that offers a chance to kids who have flamed out elsewhere, and I give it credit for that. But for families who have aspirations to give their kids a really rich academic challenge, remember "you get what you pay for." No athletics, a rented facility shared with a hair salon, no science labs, minimal technology, well-intentioned but underpaid teachers, no capacity to raise funds, no long term viability. HHIS has carved out a niche as a" school of last resort," but if that's not what you're looking for, keep looking. Also there are FAR fewer than 92 students left by now.

Posted June 09, 2010
My daughter is a Junior at UNC Greensboro, and she loves Heritage Hall. She visits her old teachers as much as possible. Her father and I feel that choosing the school was one of the best decisions we have ever made. They really do make a difference in the children s lives.

Posted March 18, 2010
I love Heritage!!! The teachers are great! I am learning so much!

Posted December 08, 2009
I am so thankful that I decided to send my children to Heritage Hall. The faculty is like no other I have ever seen. They are the most caring group of teacher that I have ever seen. Every school should use this wonderful place as an example of how to inspire and educate the next generation.

Heritage Hall International School 3

Posted June 09, 2009
Although the teachers and one-on-one time are amazing the school is too small to have any clubs or sports to participate in after school, and I also felt that the course rigor is not equal with that of the nearby public schools. There are no EOC's or EOG's only CAT tests, which are nowhere near as difficult as the SAT and ACT students have to take before college.

Heritage Hall International School

Posted March 18, 2009
Incredible, loving environment. My son ( who is 6) has struggled for several years within other kindergarten and preschool programs. Heritage Hall creates an atomosphere that is creative and open to every learning level. We love it!!!

Posted January 10, 2009
'Heritage Hall' totally turn my son's life around. West Henderson High School, had him believing he had many disabilities, he had lost all self-esteem. I moved him to Hertage Hall after the y past him on striaght 'D'S', his Freashman year. This small shool, has been 'great', they 'watched him carefully', and after 6 weeks, they found 'nothing was wrong!!!' He had just got lost in the system. He is a 'A & B' student. They Teachers always have time for him, and i can walk in anytime after 3 pm, and ask to speak to a Teacher, and they will say 'sure pull up a chair'. I highly recommend this school.

Posted December 12, 2008
As a former student from the 90's I have to say, This school really gave me a chance and worked very hard with me. I remember how much the teachers cared. Now as a mom I will be considering Heritage Hall to school my kids. My husband and his brother also attended, and At my brother in law's school functions and graduation I was still very proud of Heritage Hall, and very much enjoyed conversing with my dear teachers from my past. I highly recommend.

Posted April 17, 2008
My 3rd grader went into the fourth grade with a 12th grade reading level. It's a great school to be in and the kids aren't introduced to the drinking and drug problems that litter most other schools. One reason why is everyone knows everyone and it keeps each other accountable.

Posted December 28, 2007
I am going to adamantly disagree with the former student that said the Heritage does not put them on the track for a career or collage. I attended Heritage from 6th through 12th grade. I graduated from UNC Charlotte with a BA in Spanish. I work for the state of NC as a translator. I know that Heritage Hall School was a major factor in my accomplishments up to this point in my life. My bilingual children fit quite well in the traditional environment of their current schools, but if I ever move back to Hendersonville they will attend Heritage Hall. Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Marsh, and the rest of the staff work with each student in order to help them thrive. I do not consider this approach to be catering to them. I was not allowed to work at my own pace, and I certainly did not have little input. Heritage Hall School does not use the one-size-fits-all' approach to education. Until my mother enrolled me at Heritage Hall School most of my school day was spent in Spanish speaking classes. I wanted to learn more English and the teachers at Heritage Hall School helped me do accomplish my goals. I think you can see this from my successful college path and my thriving career. I did accomplish my goals, and I own much of my success to that great school.

Heritage Hall International School
802 South Grove Street, Hendersonville, NC  28792
Last modified Heritage Hall International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12