Posted December 09, 2009
I attended The Mountain Community School for my 7th and 8th grade year and I can honestly say it was the best experience of my life. My time at TMCS has helped shaped me the person I want to be. Everyday is full of fun, learning, and, most importantly, love. The teacher, principal, staff and students there are truly the most wonderful and genuine people I have been gifted to know. All the people involved with the school have become my family in only my two short years. I love The Mountain Community School and no matter where I go in life it will always be my school!

Posted November 05, 2008

The Mountain Community School 4

Posted March 08, 2005
Im a student here at TMCS. Im in the 6th grade and ive been attending this school since the day it started. I love this school because it is small, and has great sports programs and other programs, The Builders Club, Odyssey Of The Mind, and Math Club. Considering there are only about 40 something people in the middle school area of the school, everybody knows everybody. The teachers, Mrs.Roberts, Ms. McCarter, and Coach Corn are all great teachers. I love TMCS because i dont like bigger schools all that much, just to much confusion. The campus is great and right on jackson park so we go down there for break and for P.E.. This is overall just a great school to go to.

Posted May 20, 2004
I have two children at Tmcs and I Love this school. In fact I drive 50 minutes to school and back everyday so that my children can have this wonderful education and atmosphere. The princpal is the kind of person that understands children and really cares about them and thier families. Everyday as you arrive there is a teacher or the principal opening the car door to make sure your kids get into school safe. The first week my children went to this school the staff knew my name,and even the names of my children that did not go to school yet.I feel like this school runs like a family,they love your kids and take such good care of them that you never have to worry how your kids will be treadted. I can't say enough nice things about this school!! It is wonderful.

Posted March 08, 2004
This school's core knowledge curriculm offers challenges and ensures a high interest level among the students. Diversity in learning styles is addressed by the use of a variety of teaching strategies. I am very pleased with my children's progress at this school and impressed with the friendly family-like environment at the school.

Contact Information

613 Glover Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792

School website

The Mountain Community School
613 Glover Street, Hendersonville, NC  28792
Last modified The Mountain Community School is a charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Mountain Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.