Posted January 28, 2014
I have now left Rugby Middle School to go across the street to West Henderson High School. I am very upset at both schools. I am shocked that Rugby is rated a 9 out of 10. It could very well be one of the worst schools in the country. They are uncaring about any of their students unless they are "popular" among the rest of the students.They don't solve any of the problems in the school. Even the some of the teachers at Rugby are bullies. I honestly hate Rugby along with the rest of Henderson County Schools. If you can avoid going to this school, please do.

Posted October 10, 2013
My son went from homeschooling to RMS and I wish every day I could go back and change that decision. My son's life was forever altered by the severe bullying he was subjected to by fellow students for the entire 6th grade. When it continued in the 7th I removed him but the damage had been done. I only wish I had asked better questions and demanded more details so I might have prevented the emotional toll it took. He was told on a daily basis to do everyone a favor and to "just go home and shoot yourself". I'll never forgive myself, the staff at Rugby for allowing it to continue nor the offending students.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school had my child bullied everyday. The staff wouldn't do anything about it either. Everyday I was scared that she had thoughts of suicide. I took her out of RMS and moved her to AVMS, where she got treated so much better. I would suggest going to AVMS rather than RMS.

Rugby Middle 2

Posted June 10, 2013
Rated the teachers at 3, but honestly, most are 4s or even 5s. The 1s, however, are a toxic combination of bad and mean, and the office does nothing to address these situations. Complaints seem to be in a sharp uptick over the past 3 years. Not sure where the tone is being set, but it seems to get more negative with each passing year. Sad to watch.

Posted April 22, 2013
Rugby Middle School is a horrible school to go to. They don't care about any of their students, their staff are mean and disrespectful. They don't handle bullying the way it should be. I have witnessed some teachers actually bullying some students. Yes I do love some teachers, but others I don't want to be around. They may seem like a fantastic school, but I am thrilled to be moving onto high school. I do not like Rugby Middle School!!

Posted January 05, 2013
Rugby Middle School is overall an okay school. But, their tardy regulations that they added this year is ridiculous. And so is their take on bullying. I was called rude names, gossiped about and insulted. I directly told the principle and both assistant principles directly about five times and nothing was done about it. Then earlier this week, I accidental poked another student with a safety pi on accident. Then he directly called me "fatty". He told on me and the next day we were sent down to the office. I got two days of ISS and he got NOTHING. I was also searched for safety pins, as they were reported as "weapons". I will not be attending RMS any longer.

Rugby Middle 2

Posted April 30, 2012
I am a parent of an eigth grade student at Rugby Middle School. While she makes A-B honor roll each time and has never made a "C" during her 3 years there, I am very disappointed in the school overall. I feel that some of the teachers are excellent and that the strings program is exceptional and am very grateful to those who have had such a positive influence on my child. As for many other aspects of her middle school experience, however, she has stuggled and been ridiculed by another (both publicly and privately) which has been unsatisfactorily dealt with by administration over the past two years. As a result of this and several other issues. my now 4th grader will not be attending RMS. We are a hard working, well-respected family who fully support our children and their education. We will not, however, support a school which we feel does not put children and their concerns first.

Rugby Middle 3

Posted January 22, 2012
This school has its ups and downs. First of all this school is pretty much run by 'Populars' if you are a popular already then you will have a whole lot of friends. There are a lot of popular kids and most of them arnt that nice and are usually really full of themselves. I am not a popular but I did make friends. This school is really good academic wise. I feel that I have learned something everyday when I come home from school. The teachers are great and so is the orchestra. If you are or want to be part of the orchestra this is the right school to go to. We go and do a lot of things outside of school and we are known for our orchestra program.

Rugby Middle 4

Posted October 21, 2010
I am a former 8th grader of Rugby mMiddle school. I went there all through middle school. It is a pretty good school, but they have implemented a lot of rules that I do not agree with. Such as, walking on the right side of the hall, getting ISS (in school suspension) for saying retarded. Though, on a good note, the staff is very friendly and nice. The school DOES NOT have much diversity, when I was there in 8th grade for the 2009-2010 school year, we had about 5 black kids, and a couple asians. It was mainly made up of hispanics and whites. Though, you will not find a lot of diversity in any other middle school in the area. Overall, RMS is a pretty good school, but when I was there I had a different princible every year I was there, but now they have 1 permanent principle.

Rugby Middle 5

Posted December 06, 2008
I am an eighth grader at Rugby with high education values and I believe that I recieve a superb education while attending this school, although, as previous reviews have stated there ar major issues with cliques and stereotyping. If you have a child that is not strong enough to take a lot of crittial comments and teasing, I would not reccomend Rugby. If you have a clever child that can take severe criticism, this is a fantasic place to enroll them.

Rugby Middle
3345 Haywood Road, Hendersonville, NC  28791
Last modified Rugby Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rugby Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.