Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 07, 2015
I feel grateful to Mr. Plummer (band), Ms. Gillison (science), and Mr. Merrill (CTE). They have all made school better, and more welcoming to new students.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 07, 2015
They are always teaching you to do the right thing, but do not push you too hard to the point where is is bullying.

Rugby Middle 5

Posted December 07, 2015
All of my teachers are very caring and nice, even exploratory teachers (except for the gym teachers).

Rugby Middle 4

Posted December 01, 2014
We relocated out of state during our daughter's 7th grade year, not an easy year to come into a new school. Our daughter became involved in the theatre program here and the transition has been positive. She is having a wonderful middle school experience. She attended a private school prior to Rugby, so the first year was not much of a challenge, and signifantly less homework. Her eighth grade year she was put in the advanced classes and has been getting a bit more homework. She is enjoying all her classes, however her math class could be improved if time management was improved. Her teacher dedicates the majority of the class time reviewing hw from the night before, leaving less time "teaching" the material for the next nights hw so instead of hw being practice experience, the student is left learning on their own mainly off of notes they are given to learn from. Seems it needs to be reversed to be more effective learning experience. Overall she is enjoying and doing well in her classes.

Posted January 28, 2014
I have now left Rugby Middle School to go across the street to West Henderson High School. I am very upset at both schools. I am shocked that Rugby is rated a 9 out of 10. It could very well be one of the worst schools in the country. They are uncaring about any of their students unless they are "popular" among the rest of the students.They don't solve any of the problems in the school. Even the some of the teachers at Rugby are bullies. I honestly hate Rugby along with the rest of Henderson County Schools. If you can avoid going to this school, please do.

Posted October 10, 2013
My son went from homeschooling to RMS and I wish every day I could go back and change that decision. My son's life was forever altered by the severe bullying he was subjected to by fellow students for the entire 6th grade. When it continued in the 7th I removed him but the damage had been done. I only wish I had asked better questions and demanded more details so I might have prevented the emotional toll it took. He was told on a daily basis to do everyone a favor and to "just go home and shoot yourself". I'll never forgive myself, the staff at Rugby for allowing it to continue nor the offending students.

Posted August 22, 2013
This school had my child bullied everyday. The staff wouldn't do anything about it either. Everyday I was scared that she had thoughts of suicide. I took her out of RMS and moved her to AVMS, where she got treated so much better. I would suggest going to AVMS rather than RMS.

Rugby Middle 2

Posted June 10, 2013
Rated the teachers at 3, but honestly, most are 4s or even 5s. The 1s, however, are a toxic combination of bad and mean, and the office does nothing to address these situations. Complaints seem to be in a sharp uptick over the past 3 years. Not sure where the tone is being set, but it seems to get more negative with each passing year. Sad to watch.

Posted April 22, 2013
Rugby Middle School is a horrible school to go to. They don't care about any of their students, their staff are mean and disrespectful. They don't handle bullying the way it should be. I have witnessed some teachers actually bullying some students. Yes I do love some teachers, but others I don't want to be around. They may seem like a fantastic school, but I am thrilled to be moving onto high school. I do not like Rugby Middle School!!

Posted January 05, 2013
Rugby Middle School is overall an okay school. But, their tardy regulations that they added this year is ridiculous. And so is their take on bullying. I was called rude names, gossiped about and insulted. I directly told the principle and both assistant principles directly about five times and nothing was done about it. Then earlier this week, I accidental poked another student with a safety pi on accident. Then he directly called me "fatty". He told on me and the next day we were sent down to the office. I got two days of ISS and he got NOTHING. I was also searched for safety pins, as they were reported as "weapons". I will not be attending RMS any longer.

3345 Haywood Rd, Hendersonville, NC  28791
Last modified Rugby Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.