Posted September 02, 2014
This is probably the most loving and friendly school in our county. The principal and staff are outstanding---so dedicated to each child and their education. I love that there are children from all backgrounds at Bruce Drysdale as it is preparing our children for a global world that is awaiting them in the future. It is located right across from Hendersonville High School which also has an excellent reputation. I would highly recommend this school to other parents who value the beauty of diversity and see the benefits of such an environment---and want to see their child loved and valued. Volunteers from the community are very involved and spend time with children who might need a little extra help with reading, math, etc.---many are retired teachers and professionals who have a wealth of knowledge. It is truly a community/neighborhood school at its best. I love this school!

Posted June 14, 2014
My daughter has attended 2 years at BDS and I am very happy with the school. She has been in K & 1 in the Spanish immersion program and has received a fantastic education. BDS has a caring staff and practices positive discipline principals. Principal Dr Smith is on top of every issue at the school. Although she has been aggressive and demanding in regards to staff, she has a dedicated enthusiastic staff and has raised the education levels at the school. I do not know why the Great Schools rating is so low, but I expect to see it rising quickly. The only gripe I and other parents have had is the long time on buses for less than 1 mile from school. Several use car pooling instead.

Posted January 03, 2014
My children, 3rd and 5th grade have gone to two other schools (in a different state) and both of those schools had higher "rankings" on this site. I LOVE this school. So do my children. I couldn't possibly hand pick better teachers for all three of my children, Mrs. Smith is everything I think a principal should be and more. Mrs. Whitaker made us feel welcome instantly, Mrs. Holt greeted my children individually on their first day and made her services available to us at any time. I thought the feel of a good caring school was lost in the hustle of raising test scores, but it is alive and well at BDS. So glad we are here.

Bruce Drysdale Elementary 4

Posted November 13, 2013
Bruce Drysdale has a tremendous staff. Each teacher goes far beyond what some other teachers would be willing to do. If a student is academically low, the staff spends that extra time to help that student in any way they can. If a student is on the higher end, the staff also makes sure they have activities and lessons that will challenge them. My youngest duaghter is about to finish 5th grade, and my older went through BDS as well. I wouldn't have had it any other way. If you have any questions about test scores, call the school and Mrs. Smith is always happy to address your concerns. Especially now - You should see the strides these kids have made. A lot of changes have been made over these past several years and the changes have proven to be effective.

Posted November 13, 2013
Bruce Drysdale is a wonderful place for children to learn. I have been a staff member at BDS for 7 years and I know I couldn't find a more dedicated staff. The teachers work hard to help their students, whether they are behind or ahead. We have great leaders and a whole other crew behind the scenes to help us analyze and create lesson plans to help every student achieve. Our door is always open to parents, students, and community members. You will be amazed at all the good things you see.

Posted October 01, 2012
I am new to this school, but in the short time I have been here I have learned a great deal about what makes great learning. The teachers here are remarkably dedicated and spend hours before and after school working on ways to help all of their students learn. The administration provides support and feedback to make sure that strong teachers are made stronger. The hardwork of all Bruce Drysdale's staff is evident in the growth students have made and I expect us to see more of the same by the end of this year.

Posted May 07, 2012
I HAVE TWO CHILDREN ENROLLED AT BRUCE DRYSDALE IN THE TEACHER ARE WONDERFUL AND CARING. I HAVE TWO MORE KIDS IN THEY WILL ALSO ATTEND THIS SCHOOL.

Bruce Drysdale Elementary 3

Posted September 25, 2008
This is the first year I have had any contact at Bruce Drysdale School, I feel like my grandson is really making a lot of progress there, his teacher is so positive and presents that positivity with him and also lets him know what he should do to work on his needs and not throw negativity his way. Of course I realize she has a lot on her plate and i feel like she is doing a wonderful job along with her aide, and i commend the staff there with all they have to do given the space and the need to provide everything each child needs on a daily basis. So for the time i have been involved at this school I have to rate it as a 3 star but it is still early in the year, so I just say Thanks for the support that each child gets.

Bruce Drysdale Elementary 3

Posted March 07, 2008
I have a student with special needs. I appreciate the care the teachers and aides have for my child, yet it is extremely difficult to persuade the district to provide funding for the overburdened classroom's needs.

Bruce Drysdale Elementary 4

Posted January 02, 2008
I am a new teacher at bruce Drysdale. I have been a teacher for five years and I have working in High and Middle Schools also. I am really enjoying my experience at this school, we have a new prinicpal who is very supportive, there is more parent and community outreach than I have experienced at any other school. Teachers stay late many a night, but it is very worth it. I think we are all working towards being a great school!

Bruce Drysdale Elementary
271 Bearcat Boulevard, Hendersonville, NC  28792
Last modified Bruce Drysdale Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bruce Drysdale Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top