Bad
Good

Hendersonville Middle 1

Posted October 10, 2012
I agree with the previous post regarding Bullying. This school does not know how to handle it and only makes things worse with their passive attitudes towards it. They have unenforced policies in place and teachers who turn blind eyes to what is going on. Perhaps a new administration is in order?

Hendersonville Middle 1

Posted August 19, 2012
They allow bullying, they do not listen to both sides of the story when things happen just play favorits, teachers are bullyies and trying to punk kids. If a kid gets mad and says another kid did something they didnt do the kid being blamed will still be punished even when other kids step foward and say its not true. worst school ever.

Posted October 13, 2011
I taught in a different county last year and it is a night/day contrast. I appreciate Apple Valley and the effort the staff puts into the education of its students. I still don't know everyone, but all of the people I have worked with so far truly do their best to teach and care for their students.

Posted February 21, 2011
This schools staff (especially the physical education staff) tends to turn a bind eye when it comes to bullying. Our child had constant problems with this while attending this school. We tried our best to deal with it by speaking with the higher administration and got nowhere. They claim zero tolerance, but do not seem practice what they preach. We also had issues of teachers not communicating very well with us when we tried to contact them for help.

Posted March 19, 2010
This school touts excellent communication with parents and students, but does not live up to this at all. Their lack of communication at critical times during our Childs development was not acceptable to us. Our child also complained that there was too much emphasis on review in the early part of each year, especially in the math department. From our experience, there is not much in the way of guidance for the students at this school.

Posted December 23, 2009
This school is awesome!! I'm in 6th grade there and my teacher is Mr. Bushe. He is really fun and a good teacher! The principal is not the best in the world...but she's ok. The chorus encore is really fun and you perform at concerts, and assemblies! This school rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 26, 2007
Definitely overemphasis on sports. Most of the teachers are nice but it seems very impersonal and uncaring after elementary school. The music program is quite good. It seems that we as parents are not a very large part of the school but it could also be the age group! The AIG program does not inspire one to learn but drums information into them. The school is OK.

Posted June 20, 2006
Teacher disatisfaction with administration is contributing to high teacher turnover and unstable academic environment. Overemphasis on sports to the expense of academics is a problem in this school and the high school it feeds. I would not recommend this school (unless you are interested in a strong band program)

Posted August 26, 2003
The principal is outstanding. We need more men like him to run the schools. We need a tough leadership and there it is. I know my son is in good hands and I dont have to worry about him. His first marking period there he was on the A/B honor roll. The teachers were gentle and understanding yet firm. The teachers praised and encouraged my son so my son felt good about himself and the work he was doing. In Graded 6-8 this factor is so important in a student's grades.

Hendersonville Middle
825 North Whitted St, Hendersonville, NC  28791
Last modified Hendersonville Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.