Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

As the 2016-2017 school year starts for HES, I must say, our family is sure going to miss this amazing school. You feel like family from the moment kindergarten starts; embarking on a 6 year journey together. The principal, Mrs. Stewart, leads the school with excellence and full of Cubcat pride. Thankful for ALL teachers & staff. Each and every one made a difference in my children's lives. We LOVE HES and you will too!

The faculty/staff are awesome and truly want every student to succeed! The school is year round and offers remediation and bonus learning classes during the breaks. It is focusing on embedding technology throughout the school with STEAM units.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The current Hendersonville Elementary School Mission Statement under Principal Stewart: Honorable in character Engaged in learning Successful each day

HES is by far the greatest elementary school around! The staff at HES is just incredible. I've been lucky enough to have all 3 of my children go through HES and I have only had one complaint...it stops at 5th grade. The teachers are amazing and the current principal has done so much to boost morale and school pride. My son has shown so much growth in one year that it is almost hard to believe. I owe so much to the staff and fellow parents at HES for everything they have done for me over the years! GO CUBCATS!

If you had asked me last year I would have given this school 5 stars but this year I hassles change of heart. There is a new principal and she seems to have taken a.lot of love out of the school. Testing this year has been insane. Some of the teachers are down right bullies and devalued the students (I have experienced this first hand with being devalued myself) and even though I would say most of the staff is good - the pressure and intensity becomes too much for the students to handle. A lot of the struggles have to do w NC standards but the way this school has chosen to handle it is a bit over the top.

I'm so very impressed with this school. My son is in K and he has probably the greatest teacher one could ask for. I like everything about the school specially the faculty. We are very fortunate to have gotten him in. I'm a little worried about having to move out of the state soon, but know that this school has done him a world of good.

HES is a very community friendly school. Academics are stressed in a warm and caring environment. The calendar is great for students and teachers providing periodic breaks and enrichment activities as well as reading and math remediation and support. It really is a school for all seasons.

Our son did his kindergarten from HES and now we are moving. We are very academically conscious parents and are very satisfied and happy for our boy. He loves his school, his teacher is very caring and the staff is very friendly. We highly recommend this school for any child.

Last modified Hendersonville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.