Posted November 19, 2012
My son is in his second year at Atkinson, and so far I have found it to be an excellent. school. The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful and my son seems to be completely immersed in his education. His current teacher, Mrs. Burnette, has been responsive to our concerns and is providing a high quality level of instruction. I am thankful our son has the opportunity to go to such an excellent school.

Atkinson Elementary 1

Posted November 12, 2012
I am a certified teacher for 20 years. I have worked at some good schools in Henderson County but Atkinson is the worst school. I am the mother of 4, my oldest two are adopted. My son and daughter both have severe Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS). They both have dyslexia, my son has ADD and my daughter has ADHD. Both my children receive OT therapy weekly: and have for almost 6 years. My son has been in speech for 6 years. His IQ is 70. He was denied ALL special education services. I begged, I pleaded, all to no avail. I have 7 different doctor evaluations that all said he needed special services, the school said he didnt. Our family doctor even went to talk to the principal and was told that my son doesn't need services now. I was told maybe when he was older he may get some services but he meet all tge criteria now. Oh, did I mention I am a special education teacher who was told my children were not special enough by Atkinson. So, run,walk away, do anything you can to never have to deal with this school. I fought long and hard for over a year and finally gave in. My kids now get the proper education they are entitled to, but at no thanks to Atkinson.

Atkinson Elementary 4

Posted October 01, 2012
I have 2 Kids in Atkinson, this is the best Elementary School that Cares about the children. They really try and take the time with the children. When i went to Elementary School, I luckly went to Atkinson, where my to girls go now.

Atkinson Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers respect the children's individuality and encourages the children to be themselves. Teaches the children to respect one another. It is a school that supports the meaning of 'family'.

Atkinson Elementary 3

Posted June 20, 2008

Posted February 18, 2008
We recently moved out of state, but prior to our move Atkinson was the only school our children had attended. We never realized how blessed we had been until we left the nuturing environment. Our kids were welcomed by each teacher they had, and the communication with parents is something I recently realized is above expectation. Atkinson gave our children a head start on their education and raised our expectations as parents.

Posted September 27, 2007
Atkinson school is a great school. I have had all four of my children go there and they learned and did very well. I moved out of state and the schools there seem to be far behind what we are here. I moved back after one year so that my children could have better learning. Our schools in Hendersonville NC are great.

Atkinson Elementary 0

Posted August 02, 2007
What an incredible school and group of people to be associated with. I have one child at Atkinson and continued to be more impressed every day! The principal as well as the teachers and ALL staff members are nothing short of wonderful! ALL of them are always available to hear our concerns/ideas and/or comments. It's always clear that the kids are number 1 and the kids are what it's all about!

Posted July 15, 2007
We have 2 children enrolled at Atkinson and have always been impressed by their concern for the kids, as well as their involvement with the parents. The faculty has been available to us when we have had concerns with safety, and has taken time to address the problems we've had. I love this school!

Atkinson Elementary 1

Posted July 12, 2004

Atkinson Elementary
2510 Old Kanuga Road, Hendersonville, NC  28739
Last modified Atkinson Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atkinson Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.