Posted August 21, 2013
Viewmont is a great school. We were concerned when the principals changed for the 2012-13 school year; however, things could not have gone smoother. The new principal and vice-principal are fabulous and really care about the students. The changes they have made have been nothing but positive. I like the way the staff and teachers do their best to emphasize teaching over testing.

Posted July 17, 2011
Great Principal. Progressive reading program. Children taught to respect others. Proud to send my child here.

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted October 30, 2009
Wonderful School! My kids attended another school in the city of Hickory and the language, stories and attitudes they brought home were horrendous. We pleaded with the principal of Viewmont and she allowed us to enroll our kids there, even though we live a few blocks out of district. It's been a night and day difference. My kids don't get exposed to the language and attitudes that they did at the other school and they truly enjoy going to school. My youngest child has been waiting for 2 years to attend Viewmont with his siblings and he absolutely loves his Kindergarten teacher. My kids haven't had a teacher yet (and we have 4) they didn't like. Parent involvement is awesome and the staff and administration are top-notch!

Viewmont Elementary 4

Posted July 11, 2009

Viewmont Elementary 1

Posted January 27, 2009

Posted September 02, 2008
I absolutely love this school! My son is in the first grade and has an absolutely wonderful teacher. He attended kindergarten at Viewmont as well for most of the year, but for a about a month and half last year he attended a Catawba Co. school and I could not believe the difference! I felt like my son was back in a daycare! When he came home in the afternoons he could not tell me anything that he had learned and he had no homework and no reading or sight words to learn, while he enjoyed no homework I worried about him falling behind and getting lazy on me. So this summer I moved back to Hickory just so he could once again attend Viewmont! I love this school and I love that they push the kids to do their best and use their full potential!

Posted February 22, 2008
The people are what makes the difference. The administration and staff are excellent top to bottom and my 2nd grader absolutely loves his teachers and the school.

Posted January 02, 2008
This is a fantastic school. We moved here six months ago and my 5th grader loves it. The teachers are great and very communicative.

Posted December 15, 2005
I could not be happier. Viewmont Elementary has embraced my adopted child and help him to feel that he is an important part of the school family. He's learning and growing in many ways due to their input. This school exposes him to many cultures and nationalities and helps him to learn to embrace all people. I firmly believe what Hillary C. says 'It takes a Village'. We've found ours. Thank You Viewmont Elementary! K. Wilkinson

Viewmont Elementary
21 16th Avenue Northwest, Hickory, NC  28601
Last modified Viewmont Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Viewmont Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top