K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My children have been a part of the St. Stephens Lutheran School for over six years. SSLS offers a very structured environment for learning, yet keeps it fun and engaging for the children. The smaller class size allows a greater opportunity for individual interaction between the teachers and students. Our principal knows every student by name and is engaged with them on a daily basis. We couldn't ask for a more loving, positive and academically sound environment for our kids to attend school. ~ One Happy Parent 5 stars
October 07, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Loving environment with great academics. Happy students and caring teachers and administrators. We have two children there and have been pleased with grades, progress, interaction. I would send my children there again but do it from the beginning. One of the few regrets I have is not sending all three children here from first grade on!

- a school leader

St. Stephens Lutheran School is a fantastic environment for kids to thrive in. The school is blessed with an outstanding staff from the principal, teachers and everyone else that works there. It's small enough to where it feels like family and a tight knit community while being large enough to offer benefits of traditional schools like a cafeteria, art, Spanish, library, computer, a great athletic program, etc. I seriously couldn't imagine having my kids anywhere else and know that this is the right school for my family. The staff start each day in devotions before the kids arrive and then the kids and staff do pledge and prayers in the gym. What a great way to start each day.

St Stephens Lutheran feels like home for our entire family. Our children have a love of learning and their faith is nurtured everyday. We had once enrolled them in public school but quickly realized how much better of an education and surroundings St Stephens Lutheran provided them. They love to go to school every morning!

This school is the best place for my daughter! In my opinion, it's most definitely worth the money ! She's only in kindergarten and I can see a big difference between her and her friends that go to other schools ..

My child went to St. Stephens for T-K this past year. The two head teachers of the classrooms are awesome, but the 'helping' teachers leave something to be desired. I am not sure what the difference would have been between this school and a public school except for racial demographics. Most importantly, my child was happy and felt secure, and I wanted him to be in a Christian atmosphere. However, as I said before, I am not so sure it was so superior to any of the other public school programs as far as academics.

Our child attended SSLS for 9 years. There was a recent transition in administration as well as a few teachers which is very positive. It has a warm caring environment which fosters learning and growing. The school is academically driven, they began using IPads this year yet sports are a big part of everyday life.

SSLS is a WONDERFUL school!! We have 2 children that began here in PK. One has graduated and the other is in 8th grade. From the principal to the teachers and coaches this has been the best experience for our children and ourselves as parents. SSLS is a family. Our children have made life-long friendships at school. They have participated in sports, athletic tournaments, class trips and academic organizations and contests that they couldn't get in a public school. Academically, SSLS is strong. Its the only SACS accredited private school in the area. The new ipad program is exciting for both students and parents. But most importantly the students at SSLS thrive in a Christ-centered learning environment. I wouldn't consider sending my child to any other school.

Mixed revies as of now. Students' achievement test scores unimpressive. Difficult to have a church school and community students. Not sure if parent input from nonmembers is welcome.

Parents please check these schools out to make sure your doing whats BEST FOR YOUR CHILD. At the end of the day its just work to some,but we have some teachers who reallly do care about the kids!

Last modified St. Stephen's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8