Posted August 31, 2014
This school is the best place for my daughter! In my opinion, it's most definitely worth the money ! She's only in kindergarten and I can see a big difference between her and her friends that go to other schools ..

St. Stephen's Lutheran School 3

Posted July 15, 2014
My child went to St. Stephens for T-K this past year. The two head teachers of the classrooms are awesome, but the 'helping' teachers leave something to be desired. I am not sure what the difference would have been between this school and a public school except for racial demographics. Most importantly, my child was happy and felt secure, and I wanted him to be in a Christian atmosphere. However, as I said before, I am not so sure it was so superior to any of the other public school programs as far as academics.

Posted March 12, 2014
My kids attend this school and the teachers and staff are fabulous. The most important thing for me is my kids are in a loving Christian environment where they learn about God but also experience Gods love from the staff.

Posted September 16, 2013
Our child attended SSLS for 9 years. There was a recent transition in administration as well as a few teachers which is very positive. It has a warm caring environment which fosters learning and growing. The school is academically driven, they began using IPads this year yet sports are a big part of everyday life.

Posted August 24, 2013
SSLS is a WONDERFUL school!! We have 2 children that began here in PK. One has graduated and the other is in 8th grade. From the principal to the teachers and coaches this has been the best experience for our children and ourselves as parents. SSLS is a family. Our children have made life-long friendships at school. They have participated in sports, athletic tournaments, class trips and academic organizations and contests that they couldn't get in a public school. Academically, SSLS is strong. Its the only SACS accredited private school in the area. The new ipad program is exciting for both students and parents. But most importantly the students at SSLS thrive in a Christ-centered learning environment. I wouldn't consider sending my child to any other school.

St. Stephen's Lutheran School 2

Posted June 18, 2013
Mixed revies as of now. Students' achievement test scores unimpressive. Difficult to have a church school and community students. Not sure if parent input from nonmembers is welcome.

St. Stephen's Lutheran School 3

Posted September 16, 2012
Parents please check these schools out to make sure your doing whats BEST FOR YOUR CHILD. At the end of the day its just work to some,but we have some teachers who reallly do care about the kids!

St. Stephen's Lutheran School 4

Posted September 15, 2012
Most parents and teachers i have meet are nice,i most say. of course we have some that think they are higher ups. The first grade teacher seemed to be pretty nice until i had a convercation with her and she became very rude, she talked as if i was being paid to teach her kid instead of the other way around.the kindergaten teacher is really great. the school has great potentional but some teachers need to be put in there place.,if this is going to be called a christian school.

Posted July 01, 2008
We have/had 4 children attend this school for the past 8 years (with one graduating on to high school) and all our kids have had excellent academic and Christian experiences as well as numerous athletic and artistic opportunties from kindergarten through the eighth grade. The faculty - from Principal Guelzow on down - puts their heart and soul into maximizing the education of our children. This is a choice that we are so fortunate and blessed to have made for not only our children but our family as well. Bryan & Elyse Neuwirth

Posted December 03, 2007

St. Stephen's Lutheran School
2304 Springs Road Northeast, Hickory, NC  28601
Last modified St. Stephen's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Stephen's Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.