Posted May 30, 2011
Outstanding teachers! Parents are allowed to be involved and encouraged to do so. Students are treated well. This people who work at this school have a true love for the students.

Ray Childers Elementary 0

Posted May 04, 2010
The school has a wonderful and caring teachers. The PK program is awsome with afterschool programs are helpful for the working parents.

Posted September 08, 2009
I kids have been with this school since it opened . Out of the other schools that I been into this is the best out of all. The teachers are great ,if there is any problems they try to fix them in a hurry.

Ray Childers Elementary 0

Posted July 26, 2009
We transfered our twins to ray childers in the middle of the school year. The school staff was very helpful in the transition. The office was very helpful in all aspects of the move. I am so very glad that we moved to this area so my children could attend ray childers!!!

Ray Childers Elementary 4

Posted January 04, 2009
This school is very organizied and everybody is very nice and their education at this school is wonderful.

Posted November 02, 2008
With the exception of one grade level, I have found the teachers to be very easy to talk to and share concerns with. The principals and office staff are always extremely friendly and go above and beyond to make my family feel welcome. As for parent involvement, you can be as involved as you are willing to be. I am at the school practically everyday doing something. My daughter is very happy there and we feel fortunate that she has had the past 5 years at this great school! Go Pirates!

Ray Childers Elementary 3

Posted February 14, 2008
I am on putting my 2nd child through Ray Childers. Things seemed to go great with my 1st child, but my 2nd child is ADHD and I don't think that the teachers want to deal with kids like this. I think they should be more prepared to deal with kids that are ADD or ADHD.

Ray Childers Elementary 3

Posted February 17, 2007
I have three children who go to ray childers. They are doing well there an d the teachers seem to be doing a great job. I think there should be more parent involvement but no school is perfect.

Posted February 23, 2004

Contact Information

1183 Cape Hickory Road
Hickory, NC 28601

School website

Ray Childers Elementary
1183 Cape Hickory Road, Hickory, NC  28601
Last modified Ray Childers Elementary is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ray Childers Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.