Posted May 20, 2015
WESLEYAN IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL! The negative reviews are contrary to my family's experience and my observations as an educator. My kids were ignored in public school because they were "good kids" and tested well - at WCA, they've experienced REAL learning beyond the tested math and reading subjects in history, geography, art, music, literature, & science because their teachers aren't focused on standardized tests. Both of my kids scored well on standardized tests, but since moving to WCA they've scored higher (in the 90-99th percentiles) and I contribute this to their learning and removal of high stakes for school AYP. In terms of academics, sports, arts, and drama, the smartest thing that we did for our kids was to get them into WCA (but it isn't cheap). Some kids commute almost 2 hours daily to get to and from WCA. The character building in EVERYTHING they do is wonderful. My kids WANT to make a difference in this world and WCA is preparing them both academically and spiritually while encouraging them to discover what that means for them. If you can get your kids into WCA, do it because you will be amazed by the difference that a quality school can make in your kids.

Posted January 16, 2015
This is an amazing school that I am very thankful I was able to attend. I have since graduated, but I would not trade my time at WCA for any other school!

Wesleyan Christian Academy 1

Posted December 20, 2014
I am a relative of some Wesleyan students. I wrote an unflattering review about this school. It got removed from this site. Do your research before enrolling. Check what colleges graduates go to. Ask to see the grading curves for all classes your children will attend. Look carefully to see evidence of grade inflation (It is possible - and not unusual - to score over 100% on final exams and papers?!) Good luck.

Wesleyan Christian Academy 4

Posted October 24, 2014
I am a former student and I do have to say as far as academics, sports, and child care goes this school has it together. They push you to your full potential and are genuinely interested in watching you succeed. My only but very important concern is that they do not have a hold on bullying. This is something that I saw a lot of and experienced all too well first hand. Looking back I greatly regret not leaving for this reason alone.

Posted December 22, 2013
I have a daughter in first grade, she also went to kindergarten at WCA. The entire staff at this school gets it. Everyone is genuinely friendly and caring. This school is worth every penny for you to be able to go to work and not worry about your child's safety or surroundings. Most kids act polite, but the ones that don't get corrected immediately.FYI that doesnt happen in public school, not because they don't care, but there hands are tied. There is not an elitist attitude because its a private school, they can talk about God, and that provides a solid foundation forv your child for the rest of there lives. It is expensive, but what else is worth more than your children.

Posted May 02, 2013
My daughter had a severe learning disability when she enrolled in the Enrichment Center in the 6th grade. She is graduating as one of the top 10 students in her high school graduating class and is planning to attend NC State school of design this coming fall, need I say more! Very very pleased and worth every penny !

Wesleyan Christian Academy 4

Posted January 09, 2013
This is a good school and our kids have attended since kindergarten. The academics are excellent; however, if your child wants to play basketball on the high school level, go somewhere else. They import top players starting in the 9th and 10th grades and your kids will be left passing out towels. Just WIN BABY WIN? Apparently so.

Posted October 04, 2012
This is an excellent school. My son graduated from there and so will his children. Excellent balance between academics, athletics, art and college prep. The teachers care and put forth a great Christian example. This is a 5 star school...

Posted July 12, 2011
My two children have been encouraged and challenged both academically and spiritually at Wesleyan. The sports and fine arts programs are nothing short than top notch. The teachers and administrators are awesome and I know they love my kids. They are always looking for ways to improve the school. They have awesome plans for the future and I can't imagine a better environment for my kids then at Wesleyan.

Wesleyan Christian Academy 2

Posted June 21, 2011
Wesleyan is a good school for education most definitely. But I will be the first to tell you that it's not so Christian. Last year my daughter was in 7th grade at WCA. She was surrounded by people with no conscious. The girls there were vicious and talked behind your back EVEN if they told you they were your friends. The guys always picked on the new students that would come to the school. It was so bad til two of our students left. Also racial diversity is an issue. There are no African-American, Hispanic, or Asian teachers AT ALL. I am very disappointed in WCA and I cant wait for my daughter to graduate. You better make sure your child has a tough skin or else they won't make it.

Wesleyan Christian Academy
1917 N Centennial St, High Point, NC  27262
Last modified Wesleyan Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wesleyan Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top