PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Proud Alum here. Went to WCDS for 13 years, which shaped me into a curious, well-rounded student. Happily graduated from a top 10 university and felt much more prepared going in than my peers at my university and my friends who graduated from other schools in the Triad area. Go Wildcats!

I left the school last year. I was a for the most part happy seventh grader with some great, close relationships with friends. But, something happened that changed my reputation. I found out I was being bullied behind my back. I addressed the topic to the middle - school principal, who was probably the most caring person in the whole situation. The student was notified that I knew, but didn't care. He was punished a 30 minute silent time after school. I found out he had been talking about me since the beginning of fall. I found out in March. The principal was told and didn't care. He swept it under the rug, like it was nothing. He promised me one thing, though. If the kid was found doing ANYTHING against the Honor Code, he was out. And guess what, he did. He was suspended for 1 day and let free to do whatever he wanted. The school did nothing for me. Only 2 people let me know it was going to be OK. My mom and dad. This school would rather accept 4 rude athletes who only care about sports than 2 students who want to EXCELL in their education. I feel violated, and always will. I have moved to another local school. Fresh start. I sure as hell am glad I did it.

We love Westchester. Our child was here from Kindergarden through 6th grade. She wanted to try a different school for middle school. A year and a half and she was ready to come right back to Westchester. She did not feel challenged at the other school nor did she feel that the teachers cared as much. The relationships between the kids and the teachers is the key. They are stellar teachers that genuinely care about the students.

Westchester is the best school at teaching my children. The classes are small, the teachers are dedicated and their teaching methods show in the utmost performance of the students.

Westchester has great academic program. The classes are small and the kids are close.

Westchester provides a well-rounded education where students learn to think for themselves, while enjoying the opportunity to be involved in a strong academic program as well as outstanding extracurricular opportunities. As a parent of two alumni and two current students, I have experienced first-hand the value of a Westchester education from many perspectives. I know that our students are well prepared to succeed in college and in life.

There is an incredible faculty-student-parent relationship at our school. It is open and honest and respectful.

Westchester is a diverse independent school that offers an excellent education. The faculty nurtures a zest for learning as they challenge students to think critically and to care about the world and the people around them. I am grateful that my children have an opportunity to learn multiple languages including Mandarin Chinese and to gain an appreciation for art as a part of their educational experience. I think a Westchester education prepares them to compete with anyone in the world. Westchester helps fulfill one of my responsibilities as a parent, and that is to provide my children with the best education available.

Love it! My kids have had a fabulous experience here. Teachers are stellar, as well as the administration. Like having a second family!

We love Westchester. My son started two months into the school year, and he truly loves the school. Westchester has provided him with a exceptional academic, fun-filled and social environment. The staff has been extremely helpful and supportive since our first visit to the school. We are looking forward to having two kids at Westchester next year.

Last modified Westchester Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12