K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The classes are small and this gives the teacher the ample time to spend with each child to make sure that the lesson is understood.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son receives a homework sheet on Mondays, which includes, spelling, reading, writing, and it is to be completed by Friday

This is a school that really takes an interest in your child and let's them be the individual that they are. Learning is fun and structured so that your child can learn and isn't left behind. My child was being bullied by 4 boys from his previous school and was in a bad place mentally. He has really come into his own since he has been at High Point Friends School. He is so proud of his accomplishments and his self now. This is what a good school does, allows your child to grow and learn in a great environment!

I like the school its a great place for education I have learned so much but the school needs to control bullying better

(Continued Thoughts from earlier post...) Finally, I feel that I need to address an earlier posting which states that HPFS "...caters to families with the most financial resources...so certain children are treated more favorably than others." If this were indeed the case (a direct correlation between my income/assets and the treatment of my children), then my son and daughter would have been treated quite unfavorably at HPFS. On the contrary, they were finally given a chance to explore, lead, and develop their interests and skills at HPFS, whereas there were always challenges to these venues in their other schools. Thank you, HPFS staff and faculty, for being there for my children in the recent past, and for continuing to maintain that relationship, "as needed," with our family to this day!

I cannot express how much this school, teachers and staff have cared for, nurtured & educated our children. They have also challenged, corrected and brought out the best in each of our children. The ability to focus and foster the strengths of each individual student is probably one of their greatest attributes. Something that most parents probably overlook, is a schools ability to help students take on greater responsibility and leadership rolls both in the classroom and the community. This is one area where HPFS excels! This is clearly demonstrated in the many student led programs and the success of recent graduates, moving into much larger high schools, that have become SGA leaders and involved in many aspects of their new schools. Educating children is more than just grades. It's helping them grow, expand their horizons and become confident in achieving their goals. Unequivocally, this is the best kept secret in education in High Point!

I am so proud to call HPFS home for my child. It is comforting to know that every morning when I take my daughter to school, I can rest assured that she will be receiving the very best in academics, but more importantly, that she will be loved and cared for by her teachers in a safe and nurturing environment. I cannot say enough about the time and devotion the teachers at this school put into the children. My daughter has grown so much academically, spiritually, and morally. HPFS is successful in creating an environment that focuses on developing her as a whole child by inspiring creativity, compassion, social skills, self-knowledge and providing top-notch academics through life experiences. It is with pleasure that we are sending our second child to Kindergarten next year at HPFS to embark on this wonderful journey. We are so happy that we chose High Point Friends School for our children's educational career.

Bullying does indeed exist at this school and it starts with the teachers. Using frequent humiliation and sometimes verbal and emotional abuse, teachers pick on some of the children. They encourage the other children to do so as well. This school caters to those families with the most financial resources to give so certain children are treated more favorably than others and bullying by some children is tolerated. Academically, the teachers of this school provide a mediocre education. A lot of the learning of new concepts occurs after school through homework assignments and with a great deal of parental assistance. Parents are also frequently encouraged to hire tutors rather than have their children ask their teachers for help. Just because you are paying for education, does not mean you are receiving the best education. This school does not provide a kind and nurturing environment for all children. Try to look below the surface and think long and hard before sending your children to this school.

This school tolerates bullying and refuses to acknowledge that it happens in this school. Several teachers are bullies and allow students to be bullies. I do not recommend this school to anyone and wish I had not sent my child there.

As a recent graduate of High Point Friends, I have received so many opportunities here that no other school can offer. I have attended HPFS since I was two years old. Coming here to HPFS has made me a much better person in many different ways. I have participated in various sports. We have 5 sports total: Soccer, Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball and, Cross Country. All of the sports are co-ed, which allow mutual respect that the athletes offer to one another. In addition to sports, academic classes allow students and teachers to have an incredible relationship that no other school can offer. I feel like I have had the best preparation for high school both socially and academically.

Last modified High Point Friends School is a Private school that serves grades K-8