High Point Friends School 4

Posted March 26, 2014
I like the school its a great place for education I have learned so much but the school needs to control bullying better

Posted May 29, 2013
(Continued Thoughts from earlier post...) Finally, I feel that I need to address an earlier posting which states that HPFS "...caters to families with the most financial resources...so certain children are treated more favorably than others." If this were indeed the case (a direct correlation between my income/assets and the treatment of my children), then my son and daughter would have been treated quite unfavorably at HPFS. On the contrary, they were finally given a chance to explore, lead, and develop their interests and skills at HPFS, whereas there were always challenges to these venues in their other schools. Thank you, HPFS staff and faculty, for being there for my children in the recent past, and for continuing to maintain that relationship, "as needed," with our family to this day!

Posted May 09, 2013
I cannot express how much this school, teachers and staff have cared for, nurtured & educated our children. They have also challenged, corrected and brought out the best in each of our children. The ability to focus and foster the strengths of each individual student is probably one of their greatest attributes. Something that most parents probably overlook, is a schools ability to help students take on greater responsibility and leadership rolls both in the classroom and the community. This is one area where HPFS excels! This is clearly demonstrated in the many student led programs and the success of recent graduates, moving into much larger high schools, that have become SGA leaders and involved in many aspects of their new schools. Educating children is more than just grades. It's helping them grow, expand their horizons and become confident in achieving their goals. Unequivocally, this is the best kept secret in education in High Point!

Posted March 31, 2013
I am so proud to call HPFS home for my child. It is comforting to know that every morning when I take my daughter to school, I can rest assured that she will be receiving the very best in academics, but more importantly, that she will be loved and cared for by her teachers in a safe and nurturing environment. I cannot say enough about the time and devotion the teachers at this school put into the children. My daughter has grown so much academically, spiritually, and morally. HPFS is successful in creating an environment that focuses on developing her as a whole child by inspiring creativity, compassion, social skills, self-knowledge and providing top-notch academics through life experiences. It is with pleasure that we are sending our second child to Kindergarten next year at HPFS to embark on this wonderful journey. We are so happy that we chose High Point Friends School for our children's educational career.

High Point Friends School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
Bullying does indeed exist at this school and it starts with the teachers. Using frequent humiliation and sometimes verbal and emotional abuse, teachers pick on some of the children. They encourage the other children to do so as well. This school caters to those families with the most financial resources to give so certain children are treated more favorably than others and bullying by some children is tolerated. Academically, the teachers of this school provide a mediocre education. A lot of the learning of new concepts occurs after school through homework assignments and with a great deal of parental assistance. Parents are also frequently encouraged to hire tutors rather than have their children ask their teachers for help. Just because you are paying for education, does not mean you are receiving the best education. This school does not provide a kind and nurturing environment for all children. Try to look below the surface and think long and hard before sending your children to this school.

High Point Friends School 1

Posted June 20, 2012
This school tolerates bullying and refuses to acknowledge that it happens in this school. Several teachers are bullies and allow students to be bullies. I do not recommend this school to anyone and wish I had not sent my child there.

Posted June 07, 2012
As a recent graduate of High Point Friends, I have received so many opportunities here that no other school can offer. I have attended HPFS since I was two years old. Coming here to HPFS has made me a much better person in many different ways. I have participated in various sports. We have 5 sports total: Soccer, Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball and, Cross Country. All of the sports are co-ed, which allow mutual respect that the athletes offer to one another. In addition to sports, academic classes allow students and teachers to have an incredible relationship that no other school can offer. I feel like I have had the best preparation for high school both socially and academically.

Posted June 07, 2012
I am a recent graduate of High Point Friends School. Our class had 10 students, and 60% of us had been together since kindergarten or before. We are all great friends and we are very close to each other. Three of my best friends and I are going to Westchester next year, and I am not looking forward to leaving. I have had many great experiences at High Point Friends School that have prepared me for High School including the exciting overnight field trips.This school has helped me overcome many things. An example of which is when I first came to this school, I didn't like to go out of my comfort zone or try new things. However, when I was in second grade, we got a new head of school, and he helped me get over this fear, and he is now a very good friend of mine. The teachers and staff at this school are very kind and compasionate, and I could not have asked for anyone better. My favorite teacher is the Social Studies teacher/athletic director, and my fellow classmates and I have become very close to him. I have had a great time at this school and I will miss it very much. THANK YOU HIGH POINT FRIENDS SCHOOL!!!

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is amazing on every level. From the head of school to the staff, students and families. Our community is tight-knit and focused on helping students thrive emotionally, spiritually, educationally and physically. Individual care is given to each student and we strive to build strong lasting relationships. Many former students return to serve in multiple capacities. They do this voluntarily because they love the school. Our athletics program has produced League Champions in Volleyball and Basketball and we offer Flag Football, Soccer, and Cross Country as well. In addition to great athletics, we have mini-electives ranging from digital photography to rock climbing. There are options for every interest. Our school also has state of the art facilities with a new expansion coming soon. We have SmartBoards in our classrooms 3rd-8th grade and the media center. We have a beautiful and spacious gymnasium with a fullcourt basketball/vollyball court and a rock climbing wall. Our computerlab is equipped with Dell computers loaded with Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop CS5. The parents call this school High Point's "best kept secret!"

Posted May 17, 2012
I have been at High Point Friends all my life and I am graduating this year as an eighth grader. I have been to no other school. I have built so many great relationships with other classmates as well as teachers and the faculty. I feel as if I am a part of a family here. It is such a caring envirnoment to learn in. I have become more responsible and caring through my experience at High Point Friends School.

High Point Friends School
800 Quaker Lane, High Point, NC  27262
Last modified High Point Friends School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
High Point Friends School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.