Bad
Good

This is a violent, ill managed school. Take care of your little ones. Don't send them to this school.

This is the worst school experience we've ever had. My son will NOT be returning. These poor kids. What a shame.

we recently moved here from out of state and must say the school is not visually appealing nor are the teachers but they are very nice. The school does seem rather old and could use some updates. when I enrolled my child the office help bragged about the use of technology how the classrooms have ipads and children get to use them along with computers. When I talk to my child daily about what was done through the day its never anything new or challenging and when asked if allowed to go on the computer or ipad the answer is always NO. Very disappointing other schools my child has attended offered and had sites the children used on a regular basis. School functions are very unorganized. Would also like to share that the time my daughter was there i never met principle. She doesnt seem to be very involved in the activities of the school. Would also like to add the teachers dont seem to challenge the kids but just push them along. As for parent involvement i have offered to go on field trips and was turned down.

As a parent of Allen Jay I can say honestly that the school is an old school. It might not look like much from the outside or even this website. But the staff make all the difference. My child is type 1 diabetic and has been treated with the up most respect and care I could ever ask for. The staff make the day fun and joyful for the kids. My daughter has always wanted to go to school. Just like a book you should not judge it by the cover. Open it up and see. We love this school.

Disappointed with the school sytem, new advanced learning technology that the teachers dont fully know how to use, not meeting requirements. I just hope there is something I can do to get my son out of this school.

My son has been there since pre-kindergarten and I love the school and his teachers. All of his teachers have always been hands-on and given me honest feedback whenever asked. I have dropped by unannounced and have been very impressed with the way the teachers have controlled their classes. It is to be expected that from time to time there are disruptions, they are excited impressionable children, but the teachers do their ABSOLUTE best. It is not soley their job to discipline our children and teach them manners and morals. We as parents have to form an alliance with them always! I have failed to mention that my son has been in AL classes for the past 2 years which is phenomenal. It also shows that his teachers have taken the time to see his potential and know that he could benefit from the additional challenge. I fully support Allen Jay!

I just moved to this area about two months ago, and after having to enroll my child in this school, I have never been so disappointed in the education system-ever. The teachers are not willing to help. If you can-- take them some where else.....

My two children attend this school and they haven't had many nice things to say about it and neither do I. When we first moved here from MB they were ahead of the game and now they've fallen behind due to some teachers not being able to control the class and get through any giving subject. As far as parent involvement I have told their teachers and the principal that I'm available to volunteer any day and time and needless to say they never called me which was very upsetting. This school is not for my children or myself so they won't be turning next year.

Last modified Allen Jay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.