Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a new student at Penn Griffin and I have to say I love it. The school provides lots of opportunities, the students are welcoming and unique, and the academics are challenging. I have grown, learned, and connected with amazing people in the short time I have attended Penn Griffin.

PG administration ( principals, guidance counselors, and support staff) have no concern about the middle school students. They have created positions for staff that does not benefit the students. They have a hard time keeping teachers. My daughter had 2 math teachers first years, 3 science teachers her 7th grade year. Her 8th grade year she have had several sub's in Math for the past 3 months. The school is in a very bad neighborhood. The school have mold. School is not well kept and nasty. My daughter refuses to use the bathroom. We dealt with bulling for 3 years had several meetings with the staff. i was finally told by a teacher to go Guildford county schools main office if i wanted to have something done.

The high school gets great ratings only because of the students that are accepted. It has nothing to do with the teachers or administration.

Terrible experience. Expectations at the high school level are that students should be robots and not human. Teachers are more concerned with petty issues such as a tardy, clothing (that isn't even bad), running, taking cell phones even during lunch and after school hours and they are absolutely not interested in academic progress. Most of staff is hateful and refuses to hear parent concerns and literally shuts them out. They grind and grind of small useless rules until GOOD students are miserable and hate school and even life. The power hungry adults do not respect students and are not concerned with student educational experience, but rather forcing students into their own demands. PG High School is counter productive. The only thing positive whatsoever is the arts program itself, but it isn't worth it. Take my word for it and move to the Weaver area or settle for HP Central.

My child has absolutely blossomed at Penn Griffin. It has been very challenging academically and all of the art programs (dance, chorus, etc.) are excellent. The kids here are very talented and very unique. There is great emphasis on academic excellence and there is more homework here than at other schools. I have found the teachers to be engaged and supportive. Class sizes are small and it is cool to be unique and different. I highly recommend it for serious students who want to also focus on the performing arts. There was absolutely no middle school drama, either. You fit in at PG by standing out. It is a wonderful school.

Me and my daughter went to visit Penn because she is a rising 6th grader. As soon as we got to the school the staff was so warm and welcoming. I am so looking forward t my daughter starting here.

I visited the school to enroll my child which is in 6th grade. I actually moved into the school zone and I refuse to allow my child to attend that school. I don't know what happened there but someone needs to do something. I felt like I was on the set of east side high. WOW is all I have to say. My child will stay at Welborn Middle because I haven't had any issues there with her and her grades are great. Even a teacher at Penn Griffin told me how bad that school was.

I will not send my child to this school. It is in a horrible area , the school goes on lock down atleast 3 times a month. I sent my kid here because of the ratings. Some of the teachers do not care about the kids education. In two years my second will not be attending this school.

This school's over all experience was so awful, every thing about it from the principal's horrifying rules to the unhappy staff. In all this is the worst school I have ever been to, it flat out sucked. And on top of all that they didn't even follow state regulations and refused to talk to me about my issues.

Wow, just wow. I have never had such an unpleasant experience from any establishment, if one could call it that. the school was so disorganized it was hard to even call it an establishment. Oh and one other thing the staff were one of the meanest and angriest I've seen in my life and refused to talk to me about my concerns.

Last modified Penn-Griffin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.