High Point, NC

Posted June 02, 2015
PG administration ( principals, guidance counselors, and support staff) have no concern about the middle school students. They have created positions for staff that does not benefit the students. They have a hard time keeping teachers. My daughter had 2 math teachers first years, 3 science teachers her 7th grade year. Her 8th grade year she have had several sub's in Math for the past 3 months. The school is in a very bad neighborhood. The school have mold. School is not well kept and nasty. My daughter refuses to use the bathroom. We dealt with bulling for 3 years had several meetings with the staff. i was finally told by a teacher to go Guildford county schools main office if i wanted to have something done.

Posted May 03, 2015
The high school gets great ratings only because of the students that are accepted. It has nothing to do with the teachers or administration.

Posted March 31, 2015
Terrible experience. Expectations at the high school level are that students should be robots and not human. Teachers are more concerned with petty issues such as a tardy, clothing (that isn't even bad), running, taking cell phones even during lunch and after school hours and they are absolutely not interested in academic progress. Most of staff is hateful and refuses to hear parent concerns and literally shuts them out. They grind and grind of small useless rules until GOOD students are miserable and hate school and even life. The power hungry adults do not respect students and are not concerned with student educational experience, but rather forcing students into their own demands. PG High School is counter productive. The only thing positive whatsoever is the arts program itself, but it isn't worth it. Take my word for it and move to the Weaver area or settle for HP Central.

Posted June 09, 2014
My child has absolutely blossomed at Penn Griffin. It has been very challenging academically and all of the art programs (dance, chorus, etc.) are excellent. The kids here are very talented and very unique. There is great emphasis on academic excellence and there is more homework here than at other schools. I have found the teachers to be engaged and supportive. Class sizes are small and it is cool to be unique and different. I highly recommend it for serious students who want to also focus on the performing arts. There was absolutely no middle school drama, either. You fit in at PG by standing out. It is a wonderful school.

Posted April 21, 2014
Me and my daughter went to visit Penn because she is a rising 6th grader. As soon as we got to the school the staff was so warm and welcoming. I am so looking forward t my daughter starting here.

Posted November 13, 2013
I visited the school to enroll my child which is in 6th grade. I actually moved into the school zone and I refuse to allow my child to attend that school. I don't know what happened there but someone needs to do something. I felt like I was on the set of east side high. WOW is all I have to say. My child will stay at Welborn Middle because I haven't had any issues there with her and her grades are great. Even a teacher at Penn Griffin told me how bad that school was.

Penn-Griffin Middle 2

Posted November 08, 2013
I will not send my child to this school. It is in a horrible area , the school goes on lock down atleast 3 times a month. I sent my kid here because of the ratings. Some of the teachers do not care about the kids education. In two years my second will not be attending this school.

Posted September 06, 2013
This school's over all experience was so awful, every thing about it from the principal's horrifying rules to the unhappy staff. In all this is the worst school I have ever been to, it flat out sucked. And on top of all that they didn't even follow state regulations and refused to talk to me about my issues.

Posted September 06, 2013
Wow, just wow. I have never had such an unpleasant experience from any establishment, if one could call it that. the school was so disorganized it was hard to even call it an establishment. Oh and one other thing the staff were one of the meanest and angriest I've seen in my life and refused to talk to me about my concerns.

Posted June 05, 2012
I am a student at the Penn Griffin middle school and have been attending here for the past two years. I personally think that this is a very good school. It has very good arts programs, the chorus program is exellent as well as alll the others. My grades are perfect, straight A's, and if your child pays attention and does their work they will have good graades as well. Some of the other reviews mention that there are a lot of bad children that cuss a lot. I won't lie, there are some students that behave badly, but then again there are kids like that everywhere you go. Also, what they are doing doesn't need to affect what your kids are doing. Like I said, they just need to study and try their best. Hope this helps, and this school truly is great.

Penn-Griffin Middle
825 East Washington Drive, High Point, NC  27260
Last modified Penn-Griffin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn-Griffin Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top