Posted June 09, 2014
My child has absolutely blossomed at Penn Griffin. It has been very challenging academically and all of the art programs (dance, chorus, etc.) are excellent. The kids here are very talented and very unique. There is great emphasis on academic excellence and there is more homework here than at other schools. I have found the teachers to be engaged and supportive. Class sizes are small and it is cool to be unique and different. I highly recommend it for serious students who want to also focus on the performing arts. There was absolutely no middle school drama, either. You fit in at PG by standing out. It is a wonderful school.

Posted April 21, 2014
Me and my daughter went to visit Penn because she is a rising 6th grader. As soon as we got to the school the staff was so warm and welcoming. I am so looking forward t my daughter starting here.

Penn-Griffin Middle 2

Posted November 08, 2013
I will not send my child to this school. It is in a horrible area , the school goes on lock down atleast 3 times a month. I sent my kid here because of the ratings. Some of the teachers do not care about the kids education. In two years my second will not be attending this school.

Penn-Griffin Middle 1

Posted September 06, 2013
This school's over all experience was so awful, every thing about it from the principal's horrifying rules to the unhappy staff. In all this is the worst school I have ever been to, it flat out sucked. And on top of all that they didn't even follow state regulations and refused to talk to me about my issues.

Penn-Griffin Middle 1

Posted September 06, 2013
Wow, just wow. I have never had such an unpleasant experience from any establishment, if one could call it that. the school was so disorganized it was hard to even call it an establishment. Oh and one other thing the staff were one of the meanest and angriest I've seen in my life and refused to talk to me about my concerns.

Posted June 05, 2012
I am a student at the Penn Griffin middle school and have been attending here for the past two years. I personally think that this is a very good school. It has very good arts programs, the chorus program is exellent as well as alll the others. My grades are perfect, straight A's, and if your child pays attention and does their work they will have good graades as well. Some of the other reviews mention that there are a lot of bad children that cuss a lot. I won't lie, there are some students that behave badly, but then again there are kids like that everywhere you go. Also, what they are doing doesn't need to affect what your kids are doing. Like I said, they just need to study and try their best. Hope this helps, and this school truly is great.

Posted June 02, 2011
My son, who is completing his junior year, has attended this school since sixth grade. He went having never had a single music lesson and has developed solely under the instruction of the school into a gifted guitarist. The high school offers a strong academic program of honors and AP courses. There are few discipline probelms in the high school as students want to be there and have strong desires to succeed in their chosen discipline. Small class sizes assure that teachers know their students well. There are great opportunities for involvement in student govenrment and clubs. I was reluctant at first to send my child here, but he has loved his time at Penn Griffin and I have become a ture fan of this school.

Posted February 20, 2010
I'm a senior in the class of 2010 at PGSA. My class (15 students) will be the first graduating class. I've been here since my 7th grade year. The first thing you need to know about Penn-Griffin is that the middle and high schools are separate. We sometimes do collaborations in our arts, but we are in separate buildings and we have different teachers. The middle schoolers who are districted for PGSA are mostly rambunctious and sometimes out-of control, with exceptions of course. The high school is simply amazing. Admissions include audition, and my classmates are all SO talented! we have few disciplinary problems and outstanding test scores. Our teachers are passionate, our class discussions are insightful, our school spirit is powerful, and it is a great place to learn and make friends. My classmates are my family. I will be so sad to leave my amazing school in June!

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009

Penn-Griffin Middle
825 East Washington Drive, High Point, NC  27260
Last modified Penn-Griffin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn-Griffin Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.