Posted October 03, 2013
Fantastic school with a multi-cultural setting. Academic performance has increased significantly, attendance has increased significantly, discipline issues have been greatly reduced, and the graduation rate had the largest increase of all comprehensive high schools in Guilford County Schools in 2012-13. The IB program draws top students from a designated region and has 250 students presently enrolled.

Posted October 03, 2013
High Point Central High School is one of the best schools around in my opinion. It has been around to serve generation after generation. It is the "flagship" school for High Point, NC. It has been loved and will continue to be loved by former and present students and their families. HPC is a beautiful ageless school that is protected by the historians. The faculty and staff of HPC Is a wonderful group of people who truly care about our children and want them to "Achieve with Honor"!

Posted January 04, 2007

High Point Central High School 3

Posted December 02, 2005

High Point Central High School 4

Posted October 31, 2005
The high turnover rate results in less total experience among the teaching staff. Add to this, the inability or unwillingness of many parents to be involved in school decisions, and you have a recipe for minimal sucess. Given the enormous obstacles, I think HPC is doing very well.

High Point Central High School 4

Posted August 24, 2005

Posted December 31, 2004
I am currently a Junior at HPC and I love it!! Before attending HPC I was told it was a bad school, but after spending just a week in the atmosphere, I will never leave.... Central has so much diversity and everyone gets along with everyone. Everyone from every race are friends and interact with one another, we all work together to give HPC a truthful profile. Just walking down the hallways you see how much the students and teachers love our school. The teachers all work so close to the student and help in any way they can. Even if every student doesnt play a sport, everyone is involved in some type of activity, we all support each other. HPC is an awesome school & I hope it never changes! -- HPC c/o *2006* -- Go Bison!!

Posted September 15, 2004
- a former student
I just graduated from High Point Central and I just wanted to say that HPC is a wonderful school! The diversity, academic challenges, and the faculty made my high school experience wonderful. The teachers work closely with the students and their parents. HPC prides itself in offering IB, AP, honors, and CP courses, all designed to help students achieve their personal best.

Posted May 14, 2004

Contact Information

801 Ferndale Blvd
High Point, NC 27262

School website

High Point Central High School
801 Ferndale Blvd, High Point, NC  27262
Last modified High Point Central High School is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Central High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.