Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Montlieu Avenue Elementary 4

Posted June 13, 2016
Nice school , they on the way of good improvement. but it will take everyone to be part of it. lets make our child school a better school , first change needs to come from home education.

Posted January 12, 2014
This is one of the few public schools that has low teacher/ student ratio. This means that each student get more attention from the teacher. The principle just won the Principle of The Year Award 2013! Mr. O'Donnell not only has great leadership but also he truly cares about the well being of the students and teachers. My son really enjoys his friends and teachers everyday. Also, this school is one of the few that is a magnet school and also a IPAD appointed school.

Posted December 30, 2012
I was excited to send my son to Montlieu Academy of Technology because in today's world the infusion of real world application and technology is what's needed to prepare our children for now and the future. the principals vision for this school goes above and beyond and the pride that he has is infectious among the teachers, staff, students and parents.The changes that this school has made are amazing and they continue to impress and excel. They are a signature,,Apple distinguished, PBIS Exemplar school and theres not a day my son isnt excited about learning on his personal in school iPad.I was impressed with the how they recognize their student excellence and even included the autistic student... I personally visited their class room and excited to how well adjusted ' behaved and tuned in they were. Watching my son navigate his iPad and teach me things that I have nt discover yet. Thats why I'm extremely proud that he chose to attend Montlieu Academy.. Here's to 3 more years POWER UP!!!!!

Montlieu Avenue Elementary 4

Posted December 14, 2012
I was honestly a little apprehensive at first, due to the prior reputation of the school. But I can say I am glad I send my child here. The Principle and staff really care about these kids. My child has excelled at Montlieu and is genuinely excited about learning. Discipline has not been an issue either.

Posted March 06, 2008
Great school.Director and teachers keep doing that hard work.

Posted May 17, 2006
Great school, Great teachers! Our daughter has attended Montlieu for 5 years as an out of district student and has been supremely happy. Her grades are fabulous, she's learning above grade level, she has the opportunity to participate in *many* extracurricular activities - what more could a parent ask for!?! We've watched Montlieu grow and improve and are truly satisfied with where they're at! Keep up the good work! Our only complaint - the students are only there through grade 5! Too bad Montlieu wouldn't go the way of Johnson Street and keep the kids through middle school!

Montlieu Avenue Elementary 1

Posted January 30, 2005
I don't feel like Montlieu is up to standard, the school system needs to come in and do something about the faculty. my daughter is in kindergarten there and she is not learning what she should be, I teach her more at home. I have friends with children in the same grade at other schools and there children are more advanced and getting more from school. I do not like montlieu and I don't appreciate the lack of response from the school board, especially when I tried to get information about my daughter going to another school. Montlieu gets a F minus in my opinion.

Posted January 02, 2005
My son began Montlieu in the second grade. He is now in the fourth grade. His experiences at Montlieu have been phenomenal! He began Montlieu feeling bad about school. The principal sat with me and listened to my concerns and worries. She matched him with a teacher that literally saved my child. He is now a leader and an advanced learner who loves to go to school. His younger brother begged to go to the magnet school also, and his reading abiltities have soared since attending Montlieu. Montlieu is the best kept secret of Guilford County. Hats off to you and thanks for all you have done. Angela Hauser, principal, Sharon Rothenberg and Brandon Cash, teachers, have done everything to make my children be challenged and love himself and school. Thanks for everything.

Montlieu Avenue Elementary 2

Posted December 30, 2004
My son is currently enrolled at Montlieu Elementary. This is his kindergarden year I have not been pleased with the leadership ablity it is very poor. Most of the staff act as if it they don't want to be there and don't care my son has ADHD this school has no clue on how to handle anything. Next year my kid will not attend Montlieu if I have anything to do with it I will home school him before I will put him at this school agian.

Montlieu Avenue Elementary 1

Posted September 22, 2004
Our experience at this school was not good at all. We ended up transferring. Most teachers have less than 5 years experience.

Montlieu Avenue Elementary
1105 Montlieu Ave, High Point, NC  27262
Last modified Montlieu Avenue Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.