Bad
Good

Northwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2013
I have 3 children. My oldest is now in middle school. I've had awesome experiences in the last 5 years they've been there. All the staff are very friendly and caring. The only complaint I have is that both the organization and the teachers for 4th and 5th grade seemed to not be as involved in the kids as the pre-k through 3rd grade. The staff was more "boring" not creative enough to engage the kids to learning activities. But other than that I love Northwood. They have a strong parent -teacher communication, PTA is very involved, nice building, most rooms are nicely decorated.

Posted January 26, 2012
Northwoods is fantastic! I have one child in second grade, and an incoming kindergartener. Everyone seems to know each other, and parents are truly welcomed. It is a wonderful, family-oriented atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

Posted October 12, 2009
I have a child in Kindergarten. This is a wonderful school! The teachers and staff are fabulous and the parents are supportive. I definitely recommend this school

Northwood Elementary School

Posted February 12, 2009
My grandchildren have just started there 2 weeks ago. I am very pleased with the turn out for them. They love it there & are very happy to be there.I feel good about this school change, when they they are ready on Sunday to go to school on Mon. this is great.We are very pleased with the school change transition was great for them. Thanks so much for all you do at this school.

Posted January 09, 2009
I currently have a child in 1st grade at Northwood Elem. and my oldest went 1st-5th. My youngest will attend for Kind. this Aug. All of our children's experiences have been wonderful! Of course there been a few 'bumps' here and there which were overcome. One of my regrets is that I didn't go ahead and send my oldest to K at Northwood-if I had she would have been reading much sooner. My son has Mrs. Renick this year and she is a fabulous, young, caring teacher. She and Mrs. Hicks (K) have absolutely provided the groundwork for my son to be successful in school and to LIKE school! He is truly Happy at Northwood and that is the best reward a parent/child can recieve! It doesn't matter 'where' a child goes to school, it's about the teachers who build the foundation for positive learning experiences that last a lifetime!

Posted January 11, 2006
My daughter was in K with Ms. Burken at Northwood and she is a very, very young 5 yr old who is very hyperactive with a very high IQ. At first she had great difficulty conforming to regular classroom behavior and wanted very much to do flips instead. Ms. Burken and the Speech Therapist teachers worked with her very closely and after a very short while, my child was coming home with smiley faces everyday, when at first we thought we were just going to have to take her out. We moved after just a few months, so I can't say much about the school as a whole, but I can say this, Ms. Kathlene Burken is one top-notch K teacher, any school smart enough to have her on staff is tops in my book. Laureen Olson

Northwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2004
My son was in Pre-K at Northwood after being transferred from another High Point Elementart School that was below average. We loved the teachers that worked my child and were pleased with how hard they worked to ensure that he had all of the tools that he needs to be prepared for Kindergarten. I can't say enough about the principal there. He is totally awesome! Very involved and genuinally concerned about the student's performance.

Posted August 22, 2003
I am a parent of two children at Northwood.My oldest child is a fifth grader and my younger child is in second grade.We have been at Northwood for two years and to date it's the best school my children have attended!Larry Allred is a wonderful, caring person and an excellent principal.Also,the teachers are very devoted to making each and every child achieve their full potential.I'm so thrilled that my two girls have had the opportunity to attend Northwood and get the education they need and deserve!

Posted June 16, 2003
I am the PTA president at Northwood for 2003-2004. This school is very caring school. They embrace every child no matter who it is. They have given 110% to raise our academic achievement from 69% in 2000 to 85% in 2003. We are proud of our school. I will give you an example of what they have done. My child is in the 4th grade and is LD child. She received 4's on her EOG's and scored in the 95% in math. They made this happened. Northwood is making great gains and is a wonderful school for your child. Their doors are always open to parents, grandparents etc.

Northwood Elementary School
818 West Lexington Ave, High Point, NC  27262
Last modified Northwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.