Posted June 28, 2014
My son attended Andrews for the 2013-2014 school year. This was the WORST experience with a school and their programming we have ever had. The teachers do not communicate, the office staff speaks with you as if you are bother because you ask questions about your child, the counselors have their "picks" of who they will assist with college applications and scholarships and the response time to return a call or email is worse than you calling the IRS! I gave the school 2 stars and I was being graceful. Guilford County Schools really need to implement a monitoring tool for the students and parents because schools such as this one will discourage a child from wanting to futher their education...this school is certainly not a school for students that are struggling academically, socially, and emotionally.

T Wingate Andrews High School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
Andrews has came a long way. I am a parent who attending in 96 and now have a child who is in the tenth grade at Andrews. The Avid and Aviation program has done an outstanding job with my kid. They are leading the children in the right direction. Not to mention, Andrews won 2A state football and girls basketball this year. Keep up the good work....Lets go Red Raiders

T Wingate Andrews High School 4

Posted September 30, 2013
I feel Andrews High school is a great school to attend. I have a daughter that graduated in 2010 and is attending UNCG and I have another daughter that will be graduating in 2014 from Andrews High school and I feel as long as you do what you are supose to do as a student and a parent. The school is a great place to attend and is safe for your kids. The parents have to stay involved and know your kids teachers. You have to help and support the school with what ever they are working with. The principal and all the assistant principal do have their hands full but they do the best that they can with the resources that are available. They are always open for sugestions, volunteers, good role models. We are open to any good positive support that you can offer.

Posted April 04, 2013
Very bad school, to many students not enough teachers, communist like rules and majority of students are problem children from bad neighborhoods.

T Wingate Andrews High School 5

Posted May 11, 2012
This school is GREAT! Much progress has been made due to the new leadership over the last two years. Academics, character education, and service learning are stressed throughout the year. The halls are clear during class times and students are respectful and hard-working. It is great to be at Andrews!

T Wingate Andrews High School 5

Posted May 10, 2012
Andrews High School has one of the best academic programs around. The only problem with this school isn't the school system, IT'S THE KIDS! The kids don't challenge themselves to the extent that they are capable of achieve. I am a student and I am making straight A's. us as a community need to get our act together and help these kids understand the importance of education. Once they understand everything else will fall into place!

Posted April 14, 2010
My oldest graduated from Andrews in 06. She will graduate from WCU in May with two bachelor degrees in four years. She will be attending the Univ. of Colorado for graduate studies in the fall. My middle son is at Andrews now. The problem isn't the school, the Guilford county school board is trying to destroy it.

Posted October 03, 2009
This is my sons first year at Andrews and I am excited because he's gotten off to great start. The Aviation program is great too!

Posted July 17, 2009
I actually attend Andrews and see everything that happens in the open and behind closed doors. Andrews has a horrible academic program. The teachers are there for the money and not to improve the students that go there. The few good teachers that we do/did have are slowly slipping away. if it were not for the Early College program I would definately not go there.

Posted January 22, 2009
i am a student of t.wingate Andrews and i have to say that the school is not as bad as people try to make it seem!!! i mean theres fights now and again, and sometimes students fallout with teachers.... but what school dosent do that??? We are just an average school with a bad name because when the news get gossip .... they twist it and make it worse than it really is

T Wingate Andrews High School
1920 McGuinn Drive, High Point, NC  27265
Last modified T Wingate Andrews High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T Wingate Andrews High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.