High Point, NC

Posted March 06, 2015
I have had three children to have graduated from Andrews. Two of them are in college and one has graduated college. My fourth child is currently a student at Andrews. Andrews has had its share of "bad publicity." Some were earned but most were not. My children have had very caring teachers. The Office staff is awesome. The Guidance is great . The Administration sees each student as an individual. They set high standards and gives each student the opportunity to reach them. Don't get me wrong, my children has had a couple of teachers that did not do all that they needed or should have done, but as a parent, it is my job to ensure that those gaps that could happen remain closed. So don;'t expect anymore than you are willing to give yourself. Give your best and Andrews will give you their best.

Posted March 03, 2015
I'm a student at Andrews this gives me more of an insight then anyone else.Very few teachers actually try to help those who need it during school and after. There very little teachers that actually will help students with fertile hands. Other teachers don't review as much as they should and if asked to be helped they take it as a bother. If a student fails academically it is always blamed on them. Administrators always being busy and never believing students, always take the side of teachers. Thinking they actually know what's goes on in classes. This is the real cause of failure at this school. Students who don't care give up because of the teachers who make them not care. Yes there are students who already come to the school not caring but the teachers and administrators being the way they are will not help these students get on track at all.

Posted November 22, 2014
This is my son's first year he is having fun with the Aviation program(Engineering) , I strongly believe that this school is poorly rated because of the students demographics, however schools don't make students great, it is students who make a school great, same school, same circumstances there're high achievers, for instance a student from this school graduated with a pilot license another one designed a Car for the future after being solid works certified, yes a school has a part to play but parents/guardians MUST demand extra from their students that's the only way we will make a positive change.

Posted June 28, 2014
My son attended Andrews for the 2013-2014 school year. This was the WORST experience with a school and their programming we have ever had. The teachers do not communicate, the office staff speaks with you as if you are bother because you ask questions about your child, the counselors have their "picks" of who they will assist with college applications and scholarships and the response time to return a call or email is worse than you calling the IRS! I gave the school 2 stars and I was being graceful. Guilford County Schools really need to implement a monitoring tool for the students and parents because schools such as this one will discourage a child from wanting to futher their education...this school is certainly not a school for students that are struggling academically, socially, and emotionally.

Posted April 22, 2014
Andrews has came a long way. I am a parent who attending in 96 and now have a child who is in the tenth grade at Andrews. The Avid and Aviation program has done an outstanding job with my kid. They are leading the children in the right direction. Not to mention, Andrews won 2A state football and girls basketball this year. Keep up the good work....Lets go Red Raiders

Posted September 30, 2013
I feel Andrews High school is a great school to attend. I have a daughter that graduated in 2010 and is attending UNCG and I have another daughter that will be graduating in 2014 from Andrews High school and I feel as long as you do what you are supose to do as a student and a parent. The school is a great place to attend and is safe for your kids. The parents have to stay involved and know your kids teachers. You have to help and support the school with what ever they are working with. The principal and all the assistant principal do have their hands full but they do the best that they can with the resources that are available. They are always open for sugestions, volunteers, good role models. We are open to any good positive support that you can offer.

Posted April 04, 2013
Very bad school, to many students not enough teachers, communist like rules and majority of students are problem children from bad neighborhoods.

Posted May 11, 2012
This school is GREAT! Much progress has been made due to the new leadership over the last two years. Academics, character education, and service learning are stressed throughout the year. The halls are clear during class times and students are respectful and hard-working. It is great to be at Andrews!

Posted May 10, 2012
Andrews High School has one of the best academic programs around. The only problem with this school isn't the school system, IT'S THE KIDS! The kids don't challenge themselves to the extent that they are capable of achieve. I am a student and I am making straight A's. us as a community need to get our act together and help these kids understand the importance of education. Once they understand everything else will fall into place!

Posted April 14, 2010
My oldest graduated from Andrews in 06. She will graduate from WCU in May with two bachelor degrees in four years. She will be attending the Univ. of Colorado for graduate studies in the fall. My middle son is at Andrews now. The problem isn't the school, the Guilford county school board is trying to destroy it.

T Wingate Andrews High School
1920 McGuinn Drive, High Point, NC  27265
Last modified T Wingate Andrews High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T Wingate Andrews High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top