Southwest Guilford High School 4

Posted March 21, 2013
Most of the teachers at this school care for their students. They really do want the students to succeed. About five years ago, the school was redistricted. A lot of students began attending the school from poorer neighborhoods. Test scores and school climate took a hit. But the school has rebounded. Now, those same struggling students have graduated and moved on to college. There is a renewed sense of school spirit. Students, from all walks of life, excel at Southwest. It is a Distinguished School, thanks to continually improving test scores.

Posted January 24, 2011
Well Me Being A Student Can Definitely Reassure You That Southwest GUILFORD Highschool Does Not Play Rap Over The Intercom lol ...Maybe Another Southwest You Were Thinking Of? But Southwest Is An Incredible School, The Teachers Are Concerned And Willing To Have One on One Relationships With The Students. Their Main Focus Is To See Each Student Succeed And Graduate. I Know This For A Fact. The Councelors For Each Graduating Class Are Willing To Set Up Your Classes To Follow Your Career Path, To Boost Your GPA, Or To Simply Let You Have The Highschool Experience With Cool Teachers. I Love Southwest And It Prepostrous To Come Here And To See Such Reviews... The Only Thing I Can Personally Say Is Bad Is The Fact That They Dont Let Students Without Lunch Money Charge Their Meals And Pay The Next Day Anymore. I Hate To Kids Not Eating In Such A Well Paid School.

Posted January 18, 2011
I would have to strongly dissagree. I have had a learning disability since I was 7 or so caused by a head injury so I guess you could consider me a "special kid" which I add is a very ignorant way to describe a child. Ian. A senior at southwest and I love it. I have passed classes that I never thought. I would pass the teachers have bent over backwards for me and advocated for me in ways other schools could never do. Southwest has given me my confidence as a student. Southwest is very concerned in seeing their students succeed.

Posted November 14, 2010
They play rap over the intercom.The teachers are not concerned about education. We moved to this area because we thought it would give us a safe school. They ship kids from all over town and from the worst neighborhoods.

Southwest Guilford High School 1

Posted May 25, 2010
i took my kids out of this school. they spent millions on this school ..but you couldn't tell it by walking in the lifeskill class. that's the class my daughter was in until i took her out.{ it's the class for special students.}

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted July 22, 2009
As a former student, i am honest when i say that there area select few teachers worthy of being at universites rather then southwest. The enviorment is rather neutral although there tend to be fights, which bring the school down. The re-districting of guilford county tried to bring averages up more around the county, but doing that dropped very good averages. The ones who bring down the average are the ones who do not care about school, and cause havoc. All in all i say this school is not the best.

Posted February 03, 2009
The teachers are in-tune and know whats going on. They actually care about you. But other than that i feel unsafe here.

Southwest Guilford High School 1

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted August 01, 2007

Southwest Guilford High School
4364 Barrow Road, High Point, NC  27265
Last modified Southwest Guilford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Guilford High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top