Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
I was reading Cherokee communities of the south (great educational reading for anyone interested in the North Carolina native people of today), it left me questions. I am unsure as to why the Saponi name is attached to the Haliwa group. Also why is none of the Collins people who was the Saponi of the area not allowed enrollment. After reading this educational material dated 1978, it leaves me with alot of questions. This area did belong to the Tuscarora right and not the Saponi, and the families of the Haliwa are traced to John Base the nansemond and the Tuscarora people right? so where does the Saponi name come in? All I seen in records for Saponi is the Collins and Austin surnames so where are they? Something does not add up if you ask me. If anyone can answer this please reply.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 2

Posted February 28, 2012
I was interviewed for a job and was promised a decision and feedback but never got it. It was even after they said not giving feedback was unprofessional. I had to find out from the receptionist that the job was filled.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 5

Posted February 01, 2011
Our Tribal School is unique. It has smaller teacher/student ratio, therefore it gives the teachers more one on one time availabilty for each student. The teachers really communicate with the parents on the progress of their child(ren) to make sure the student is reaching his/her full potential. The students develop a sense of pride, respect and love for their school, staff, tribe, community and most important it builds their self esteem. I am a proud parent, my child is a proud student. We may be small, but we all care and our children will succeed in life regardless of what others say, our Tribal School is a good school.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
The Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School serves the immediate community. With its small class sizes and caring teachers, its the ideal place for my child to attend. The native american curriculum is an added bonus.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
The school is in the community and has small classes. There is a lot of love shared with the students.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 4

Posted August 28, 2009

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 5

Posted August 20, 2009
The classes are smaller which is good for the student. My kids are learning and I am very satisfied with the school. Would recommend it to anyone.

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 4

Posted April 07, 2009

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 3

Posted April 12, 2008

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School 3

Posted June 06, 2007

Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School
130 Haliwa Saponi Trail, Hollister, NC  27844
Last modified Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.