Posted March 09, 2014
I love this school. My son has gone here for 2 yrs now. We have lived in Hudson County , Nj and Las Vegas . This is by far the best experience. The staff is friendly and my son is genuinely happy here. The only complaint is the school food but that's an issue nation wide. They get a great education for being a public school. They deal with any issues you might have as a parent quickly and respectfully. It's the first time I can relax and know my son is in good hands. Most of the teachers seem genuinely happy to be there which can mean a lot in the daily life of the students. They get an A+ for safety!

Holly Springs Elementary 2

Posted November 02, 2013
This is the 3rd yr my children attend HSES and of all schools they have been (total of 3 ES) I found the front office staff not very friendly at Holly Springs, cold people and saying "dont bother much" with their body languange. I had to send a letter to their attention in order to see little better attitude from them. Dr Steinbeck the principal is very sweet and great person! Most of the teachers are awesome and professional. If I have to move, I dont think we will loose much.

Posted June 23, 2013
My son will be to the second grade in July, he has been going there since kindergarten. We both absolutely LOVE this school. I have never met a teacher or front desk employee that has not been 100% helpful. I now refuse to move away from Holly Springs, one of the main reasons being I want all my children to go to HSES! I'm not too sure why the parent from back in November complained about carpool, it works like a machine. They will easily have 80 cars in the line and have all the kids safely in the cars in under 20 minutes. GO CHEETAHS!!!

Posted April 29, 2013
Small school feel, they do a tremendous amount for the kids. Always have family activities throughout the year. We know everyone in the office by first name. They are all extremely nice and will go out of their way to ensure the kids are learning in a safe environment.

Posted August 13, 2012
This is the third elementary school my son has attended and so I am definitely speaking from experience when I say that this is by far the best elementary school in our area. The Principal, Mr. Harris runs a very tight ship and that carries down to all areas - including the car pool line. I have to completely disagree with the post below because HSES' car pool line is extremely efficient and sets the tone for how the school handles every aspect of the school day. Mr. Harris was involved in my son's academic progress and failures and never missed an opportunity to provide motivation and support to both of us. The teachers in turn follow this same philosophy and were clearly invested in trying to help my son reach his full learning potential. Thank you all for a truly wonderful 5th grade year.

Holly Springs Elementary 3

Posted November 02, 2011
They do a lot that doesn't make sense. The car pool is a mess, all the do is constantly wave at everyone to pull up even when the cars are stopped and you cant pull up. When at the cross walk to let a child pass the teacher who is suppose to be the crossing guard is waving me to pull forward anyway. I stop at cross walks on school grounds, they can get over it. If the staff was a little less concerned about waving everyone forward, and actually just unload/load the kids in front of them things would move faster. I tried walk to get her on nice days, but I am not allowed since she is not in the "walk zone" even though we live .4 miles from the school. If we want to walk we have to send a note that day in the morning or call the school, I cant just decide to walk because it is nice. Then they want to check my ID, but not in the carpool. I think a kidnapper would drive before they walk One day a month my child has a day to bring snacks to the whole class, I put them in her book bag, but her teacher does not think to look there and instead sends a note home saying we forgot. She is in Kindergarden, so I she doesn't remember. Now I have to make sure she tells them to look in her bag.

Posted February 23, 2011
WOW! What a wonderful school. New asst Principal is o.k. This school is loaded with great teachers. Like Ms. M. in 1st, Ms. P. in 2nd, and Mr. T. in 3rd. Overall, great school.

Posted June 27, 2010
We moved from NYC to Holly Springs Elem. mid-year in Kindergarten and I was worried what might happen to my child's education when moving south. Well, it has been amazing. My son has thrived in this school and his teachers and all the Specials they have are 100x better than what we had experienced in NY. I am proud to be part of this school.

Holly Springs Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are the best!!

Posted June 16, 2009
Wonderful principal and new assistant principal... and the teachers are first rate! There are very few that could be considered 'average'. This school suffers mostly because of the Wake County School board, in my opinion... and we've been there for 5 years and have served as PTA chairs and volunteers from day 1. Like all Wake County schools, the school's hands are tied by the incomprehensible school board, by not being allowed or able to discipline appropriately and by never having enough money in the budget. Overall, this school is a GEM for Holly Springs - far better than any in the area, with the best teachers and staff around.

Holly Springs Elementary
401 Holly Springs Road, Holly Springs, NC  27540
Last modified Holly Springs Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holly Springs Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.