Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

My son has been at HSHS for four years & will graduate this year! We have had a wonderful experience there! His Teachers & the TA's in his class are awesome people! the saying that "It takes a Village to Raise a Child" is so true! We could not of ask for a better village of kind, caring & supportive staff! Any concerns were meet with respect & heart & were always addressed in a very timely matter! Mr. Brian Pittman, Principal & Mr. Bruce Page, Assistant Principal are very supportive & kind to the young adults & always ready to assist no matter how small or large the issue may be! I would trust them as well as his teachers & TA's with his life! I say join the village & become part of the HSHS Family!

The new teachers lack experience and knowledge, and want to befriend the students rather than educate them. There are many parents who are desperate to find math tutors for their students to pass. The athletic director is disrespectful to students and parents and this behavior is mirrored by his coaching staff.

Amount of homework: Disagree

This school gives out too much homework and they give my daughter assignments on Friday that lasts throughout the weekend. The teachers also gives homework or assignments to go on the holiday. Isn't the point of winter break and weekends is to take a BREAK from school?

This school is hard and the teacher gives out way too much homework. My child had a problem with the teachers and we are planning on relocating soon. All I can say is be careful if you choose this school, even if Greatschools.org rated this school 8/10 stars!

My family and I moved from up North to NC. My oldest daughter goes to Holly Springs High School. She is a varsity track runner in her old school. She did everything she was supposed to for this school. However, the athletic director will not let her try out. I believe this is because we are not from the South. All I can say is if you are relocating, be careful in choosing the schools.

I am a freshman at holly springs and I am having a good time. The sports teams are getting a lot better. However, English I Honors is extremely easy or extremely difficult based on the teacher. It was ridiculous, I had a very difficult teacher that gave 4 quizzes a week and made us read 5 novels in one semester! Then I have a friend in the same class with a different teacher that would get a quiz every 2 weeks and read one novel. That seems very unfair and needs to be fixed!

I graduated from Holly Springs High School in the spring of 2009. I am now a junior at Appalachian State University. I feel that HSHS prepared me very well for my continuing education. The teachers were wonderful and cared very deeply about the students and about preparing us for our futures. Some of the members of the administration left a bit to be desired, but I will always remember my time at HSHS with great fondness.

I attended HSHS for all four years of my high school education. I am now almost done with my first semester at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and I feel that Holly Springs and its teaching staff have adequately prepared me for the 7.5 years of higher education that awaits me. Admittedly, there were a few bumps in the road with the loss of our founding principle, but the HSHS faculty/staff is leading the school in the right direction and continuing, in my opinion, to create a tradition of excellence.

I recently graduated from HSHS on June 14, 2009. Personally, I thought the school was phenomenal all-around. The teachers were outstanding, and the learning atmosphere was amazing. HSHS is a huge improvement from Middle Creek High School. HSHS actually has rules, and the faculty and staff actually enforce them. I am glad that I had the experience that I did, and I look forward to teaching there in the future!

Holly Springs High has been through quite a lot in its 4 years of operation. Last year was a year of turmoil while the principal was absent most of the year. Whereas the interim principal did an excellent job, his hands were tied to some extent. This year has begun quite well. The new principal is enthusiastic and receptive to teachers and parents. The staff is working very hard to improve standards and student performance. I think this school will be a premier high school in a few years.

Last modified Holly Springs High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.