Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (2 responses)

Holly Springs High 2

Posted December 12, 2015
The new teachers lack experience and knowledge, and want to befriend the students rather than educate them. There are many parents who are desperate to find math tutors for their students to pass. The athletic director is disrespectful to students and parents and this behavior is mirrored by his coaching staff.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 29, 2015
This school gives out too much homework and they give my daughter assignments on Friday that lasts throughout the weekend. The teachers also gives homework or assignments to go on the holiday. Isn't the point of winter break and weekends is to take a BREAK from school?

Posted November 29, 2015
This school is hard and the teacher gives out way too much homework. My child had a problem with the teachers and we are planning on relocating soon. All I can say is be careful if you choose this school, even if Greatschools.org rated this school 8/10 stars!

Posted November 12, 2014
My family and I moved from up North to NC. My oldest daughter goes to Holly Springs High School. She is a varsity track runner in her old school. She did everything she was supposed to for this school. However, the athletic director will not let her try out. I believe this is because we are not from the South. All I can say is if you are relocating, be careful in choosing the schools.

Holly Springs High 4

Posted January 21, 2013
I am a freshman at holly springs and I am having a good time. The sports teams are getting a lot better. However, English I Honors is extremely easy or extremely difficult based on the teacher. It was ridiculous, I had a very difficult teacher that gave 4 quizzes a week and made us read 5 novels in one semester! Then I have a friend in the same class with a different teacher that would get a quiz every 2 weeks and read one novel. That seems very unfair and needs to be fixed!

Posted October 12, 2011
I graduated from Holly Springs High School in the spring of 2009. I am now a junior at Appalachian State University. I feel that HSHS prepared me very well for my continuing education. The teachers were wonderful and cared very deeply about the students and about preparing us for our futures. Some of the members of the administration left a bit to be desired, but I will always remember my time at HSHS with great fondness.

Posted December 06, 2010
I attended HSHS for all four years of my high school education. I am now almost done with my first semester at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and I feel that Holly Springs and its teaching staff have adequately prepared me for the 7.5 years of higher education that awaits me. Admittedly, there were a few bumps in the road with the loss of our founding principle, but the HSHS faculty/staff is leading the school in the right direction and continuing, in my opinion, to create a tradition of excellence.

Posted August 31, 2009
I recently graduated from HSHS on June 14, 2009. Personally, I thought the school was phenomenal all-around. The teachers were outstanding, and the learning atmosphere was amazing. HSHS is a huge improvement from Middle Creek High School. HSHS actually has rules, and the faculty and staff actually enforce them. I am glad that I had the experience that I did, and I look forward to teaching there in the future!

Posted August 26, 2009
Holly Springs High has been through quite a lot in its 4 years of operation. Last year was a year of turmoil while the principal was absent most of the year. Whereas the interim principal did an excellent job, his hands were tied to some extent. This year has begun quite well. The new principal is enthusiastic and receptive to teachers and parents. The staff is working very hard to improve standards and student performance. I think this school will be a premier high school in a few years.

Posted March 12, 2009
This must be the worst school in the county. I am in the process of finding a way to transfer my son out so that he has a chance at a decent education before college. I have noticed a concerning difference in standards since my son transferred from Fuquay Varina. He appears to be doing the same work that he did last year in lower level courses. Class progress is so slow that I expect that if he stays he will have to take remedial classes once he gets to college. Additionally, my son tells stories that make it sound like the kids are just running wild in classes with no attempt by the teachers or administration to discipline them. I thought that these were exaggerations until I visited the school at lunch time one day. I really hope WCPSS does something to repair this school.

5329 Cass Holt Rd, Holly Springs, NC  27540
Last modified Holly Springs High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.