Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 08, 2015
Great teachers, great staff. I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving!

Holly Grove Elementary
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
Me. Dianna Dell, my son's kindergarten teacher is truly the best of the best. She has taken such an interest in him and his success at school. She has been great with emails and staying in touch to make sure we are both doing what needs to be done to help my son as much as possible. She is an outstanding teacher and I am so grateful the Lord has put her where she is. Thanks!

Posted July 08, 2015
We love this school. I have two children that go here and the teachers are fabulous. We came here from out of country and were very nervous about how our kids would fit in. We have been here for three years and have never had a problem, it is a very welcoming place.

Posted April 07, 2015
We have had a wonderful experience with both our children at Holly Grove Elementary. I am not sure what the prior reviewer was talking about regarding 4's, both of my kids have received 4's on their report cards when deserved. I don't get all up in arms about that kind of thing... it's a number. What I DO get all excited about is how much my children adore their teachers, how fabulous all the events are and how much my children have learned. They are involved in early AIG classes outside of the standard curriculum, their teachers are both so in tune with each of them and what they need at different points of the year. Both kids are thriving and being pushed to excel, and they are happy.

Posted May 19, 2014
My son and daughter both attend HGES. We have only had one bad teacher experience. The other teachers were stars! The school has a loving kind environment. The parent involvement is great but I have noticed that it decreases as the kids age. We have had a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this school.

Holly Grove Elementary 3

Posted May 01, 2014
Don't believe the hype! Teachers are mostly great, but hands are tied with the common core. HGES also has a policy of "We don't assign a grade of "4" unless the student is in the absolute tippy-top percentile". Grading scale is not in line with other schools in the area. Holly Springs schools are just being hyped for the benefit of the large developers who are cashing in on the NY to NC boom in Holly Springs.

Posted February 23, 2012
We have been very impressed by the caliber of the teachers and the students at Holly Grove. Lots of good families that are invested in their kids and a good quality education provided by the staff!

Posted January 24, 2011
Our family has been a part of Holly Grove Elem. since it began. We've been communicating with this Principal since the school began as well. We have found the Principal to be approachable, knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. We also have enjoyed our teachers and believe our children have received a good education. Any areas we feel like could use improvement are really because of poor Wake County Schools policies, not because of school policies.

Holly Grove Elementary 3

Posted July 22, 2010
I have two student who attend Holly Grove Elementary School and we have been so pleased with the teachers. They are the ones that make a difference and they are so good at it. I have to say that the princiapl there is terrible. She has extremely poor communication skills and simply doesnt make the childs well being her main interest. One review mentioned "She is unwilling to listen to and help parents make the best choices for their children. "-- I agree 110 percent! It is such a shame that so many of us feel this way when the teachers are so great. The admins in the office leave a lot to be desired as well.

Posted April 22, 2010
Holly Grove as done some much for my child. This is his first year in a year round school and they have helped him with the transition. They are very informative and always understanding.

Holly Grove Elementary
1451 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs, NC  27540
Last modified Holly Grove Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holly Grove Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top