Hope Mills, NC

Hope Mills Middle 1

Posted August 05, 2013
Hope Mills Middle school is unsatisfactory to me because the teachers give attitude to the students.They are worried about how they students are dressed and not their education.They put you undersuspension if you are not wearing your ID,wearing proper clothes,or anything.I understand the proper clothes but I feel like students can express who they are just not a lot you know.The gym teachers are excellent now they can talk to you about anything the guidance people they are excellent too but the principals too me they are not doing their jobs too much they just charge you and suspend you and that is it.I feel like our children should have proper education and new principals.One of Hope Mills School pirncipals told the students she "couldn't wait for the summer so she can wear her bathing suit" that is TOO MUCH INFORMATION.I love how the school is small so kids can mingle and talk but some of those kids there are always talking about fighting after school and everything.

Posted January 26, 2010
We absolutely love Rockfish elem,Hope Mills Middle and southview high. When moving into this state a few yrs ago we were told Hope Mills was the place to be and we could not agree more. We have enjoyed the town,the walking path,the lake,the parades,festivals and the amazing schools. We have lived here for 6yrs now and would not have picked another area.

Posted October 07, 2009
HMMS is a really great school. Its small enough that the children know each other and get along..but big enough to offer many extra things. There is homework and projects due.....many teachers have a website that list homework assignments and notes.....school lunches are good and priced right...busses are safe and on time....great school...nothing to complain about

Posted September 21, 2009
Hope mills middle and Southview High are excellent schools. The middle school offers spanish in 7th as a HS credit!! Band/drama are also offered. Small school and small town w/big ideas. Military families that stay for years make this a family community. We have 3 children in the schools and love them all. (rockfish,HMMS and SV)

Posted September 17, 2009
HMMS is a GREAT school w/an awesome staff! Everyone works together and the community itself is loving. Great small town feel....we love it here!

Hope Mills Middle

Posted February 15, 2009
i love hope mills middle school ir's a great school for anybody who want's to learn

Posted July 14, 2008
HMMS is an excellent middle school. The principal and staff are effective in every way. This school strives for excellence. They create a safe and fair enviornment to all. HMMS prinicpal and staff really care about our childrens education and future. The Town of Hope Mills should be honored to have such hard working underpaid teachers. These individuals are setting up our childrens future in the right direction. Hats off to Principal Patsy Ray for her support and achievments in educational success.

Posted March 23, 2007
This school is wonderful, with caring teachers and a fabulous principal. I have never had a problem that she wasn't willing to solve. Complete open door policy and always returned my calls. This was the best place for my children to spend their middle school years. The teachers and staff still ask about my daughter who is in High School now.

Posted November 17, 2006
I have an eighth grader at HMMS and he has thrived academically there. I am not sure that he would have done as well somewhere else. He has not quite found his niche, but He is a straightA studen, has done exteremly well on EOG and bencmark testing and works really hard. I have had some issues and admin has been very quick to handle these things quickly and effectively.His teachers have been interested and caring across the board. My son is ready for the road that lies ahead. I am thankful that he spent his middle years here.

Posted January 19, 2006
This school is a godsend. The complete open door policy of the administration is wonderful. I feel as if i can take any problem to them and it will be solved. The academic record speaks for itself. An honor school of excellence is a hard title to earn. In fact, hmms is the only title i middle school in the county to earn this honor. (Means high growth met and ayp for no child left behind) not being one of the political darlings of the county schools makes hmms success even more remarkable. Any parent should feel blessed that there is still a school that truly cares about children, what they learn, and more importantly, the kind of citizen that they become.

Hope Mills Middle
4975 Cameron Road, Hope Mills, NC  28348
Last modified Hope Mills Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Mills Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top