John M Alexander Middle 5

Posted August 18, 2013
I have found JMA to be an overall positive experience for my child. The current principal, Ms. Richardson, is quite attentive to the needs of the school. She is very attentive to parent concerns while still weighing out what is best for the overall school. JMA offers many after school activities for students that are both challenging and fun. With the addition of the IB program at JMA the academic opportunities are numerous. Academics appears to be the main forte of the school. The building is old and lends itself to seeming to be overcrowded but in reality it is an average sized middle school. We have found JMA's dance teacher, Ms. Clinard, to be very approachable and great for kids. Parents who have had issues with the school have not given the staff adequate time to deal with their problems in my opinion.

Posted May 29, 2013
Awful, awful awful. We are taking our son out and putting in a nearby private school. This school is completely out of control, run-down and overall not fit for any child who wants to learn. We are fortunate that we can afford (barely) to send our child elsewhere, and we feel for those of you who are stuck with this school.

John M Alexander Middle 4

Posted May 20, 2013
I have been attending this school since 2010 i have seen major improvements in the educational system. Sure its crowded but i hear they may build a need school. Overall its an 4 atar school.

John M Alexander Middle 3

Posted March 21, 2012
The school had some problems the year before I cam. I am a formal Davidson IB student. It's no longer overcrowded however I find the mass is punished for the few a common problem. The school is just ok but I think the principal Dr. Karney will help

John M Alexander Middle 2

Posted January 21, 2011
i am a student a this school and i believe that this school is old and run-down teachers are way better than the school. i also believe that they should tear it down and build another one. Some people don't know that the year of 2011-2012 Davidson IB will be moving into there so more students=less teachers and less teachers means less supervision so i believe this isn't the best school.

John M Alexander Middle 0

Posted March 02, 2010
I use to go to that school and it is alittle bad every now and then, but it`s alright

John M Alexander Middle 2

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted July 29, 2009

John M Alexander Middle 3

Posted June 20, 2009
the bathrooms are gross and the school is just real old and run down. i cant wait to go to ridge road middle school i will be in 8th grade. the teachers at JMA are awsome though.

John M Alexander Middle
12201 Hambright Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified John M Alexander Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John M Alexander Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.