Huntersville, NC

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
DISAPPOINTING! This is coming from a very involved parent. I have one child that went to this school a few years ago and loved it so we put our second child in this school despite warnings from parents of currently enrolled students. They claim to have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying and that is not the case! My child was bullied throughout the year (I was informed by the school counselor that they were worried about my child) and the administration did nothing and at one point tried to give my child pointers on how to avoid the bully. They do not believe in expelling students anymore unless "There is a violent threat or weapon possession." They kept telling us they needed proof. I'm not sure what kind of proof they were waiting for but we didn't stick around to find out. We pulled our child out and are moving to a different district. This school is out of control. Do whatever you can to avoid sending your child here. There are some good teachers but the administration is slack and insulting.

John M Alexander Middle 5

Posted August 18, 2013
I have found JMA to be an overall positive experience for my child. The current principal, Ms. Richardson, is quite attentive to the needs of the school. She is very attentive to parent concerns while still weighing out what is best for the overall school. JMA offers many after school activities for students that are both challenging and fun. With the addition of the IB program at JMA the academic opportunities are numerous. Academics appears to be the main forte of the school. The building is old and lends itself to seeming to be overcrowded but in reality it is an average sized middle school. We have found JMA's dance teacher, Ms. Clinard, to be very approachable and great for kids. Parents who have had issues with the school have not given the staff adequate time to deal with their problems in my opinion.

John M Alexander Middle 1

Posted May 29, 2013
Awful, awful awful. We are taking our son out and putting in a nearby private school. This school is completely out of control, run-down and overall not fit for any child who wants to learn. We are fortunate that we can afford (barely) to send our child elsewhere, and we feel for those of you who are stuck with this school.

John M Alexander Middle 4

Posted May 20, 2013
I have been attending this school since 2010 i have seen major improvements in the educational system. Sure its crowded but i hear they may build a need school. Overall its an 4 atar school.

Posted March 21, 2012
The school had some problems the year before I cam. I am a formal Davidson IB student. It's no longer overcrowded however I find the mass is punished for the few a common problem. The school is just ok but I think the principal Dr. Karney will help

John M Alexander Middle 2

Posted January 21, 2011
i am a student a this school and i believe that this school is old and run-down teachers are way better than the school. i also believe that they should tear it down and build another one. Some people don't know that the year of 2011-2012 Davidson IB will be moving into there so more students=less teachers and less teachers means less supervision so i believe this isn't the best school.

Posted March 02, 2010
I use to go to that school and it is alittle bad every now and then, but it`s alright

Posted June 20, 2009
the bathrooms are gross and the school is just real old and run down. i cant wait to go to ridge road middle school i will be in 8th grade. the teachers at JMA are awsome though.

Posted November 11, 2008
I think this school is very over crowded with kids and there's not that many teachers to provide supervision.

Posted September 02, 2008
I think this school is overcrowded I do agrre this school is not as well as i thought

12201 Hambright Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified John M Alexander Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John M Alexander Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top