Posted April 01, 2014
My son has started here this year. I have had a very good experience with this school. Was concerned about him attending here with all the negative feedback about the principal which to be honest she seems fine to me. Keeps a tight ship which is great. My son loves it and he is doing well so this give this school a vote by me.

Huntersville Elementary 2

Posted March 09, 2014
Parent involvement is the only reason this school's reputation is not totally tarnished. There is much hope that a new principal next year will allow some of our teachers to feel more supported.

Posted March 07, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten this year and I have kept an open mind after reading all the previous reviews for the past couple of years. For my family, HES has been a wonderful environment. My daughter is academically advanced and she is thriving and getting work that is grade levels ahead where she needs it, so she is never bored. She has a teacher that is loving, firm, and meets the needs of every child in her class - a difficult task when there are so many levels within each classroom. I work full-time, but volunteer as often as possible to make sure her needs are being met academically and she is happy. She loves going to school everyday! I have been in an and out of the building at random times all year and I have never seen a child yelled at by any staff member or the principal. The principal has been kind and polite every time I have crossed paths with her. We have had no disciplinary incidents, so I have no experience with that. She has high expectations for her staff and all the children and I think that is a good thing for everyone. She was hired to run the school and she does it well. I expect the teachers to provide the loving and learning that my child needs.

Posted October 03, 2013
My daughter loves this school and so do we! The teachers are great and the school is very organized and responsive. I get e-mails and updates all the time, and get to see class pictures of my daughter in class. It is very strict, but it's one of the good qualities I was looking for. Thank you teachers and staff for doing a great job!

Posted September 16, 2013
Our son attended this school for Kindergarten and we cannot be more pleased with the result. I am really surprised at some of the negative comments about the school being too strict - that's one of the greatest strength of this school - they are just being super organized to keep the kids safe and on track - I did not think I appreciated that enough until after we moved away due to work. The teachers really work together to provide customized education for my son, as he's at a more advanced reading level. He loved going to school every day, and made incredible progress by the end of the year. Throughout the year, there are fun activities involving both kids and their family; I always felt it was our community. We simply love love love this school and misses it terribly - the school my son is currently attending is in nationally acclaimed school district, but doesn't come close because of the high bar HES has set.

Huntersville Elementary 1

Posted August 05, 2013
I think if they got rid of the principle the school would be a nicer place for both students and staff. They do not care about the children. I heard many of the staff on different occasions yell and degrade children. The principle is more like a dictator and does not belong working with young children. I emailed the superintendent of the school to address some of my issues and completely blew me off.

Huntersville Elementary 2

Posted May 31, 2013
this school is so disappointing on so many levels we are at the end of the year all funs stuff next week for all grades, BUT if your child has had an office referral and or tardies or early dismissal YOU are informed that you child may not attend the buddies field day.... the kids have already had consequences for there mis haps do you really feel the need to keep punishing kids over and over... they all look forward to the field days due to that is the only fun day they actually get .this school is so negative to kids who are not PERFECT or to the kids who are not POPULAR it is VERY sad. look into the other elementary schools in the area that DO NOT keep giving kids consequences for things that have been over and done with usually these kids have a silent lunch the day of refferals . shame shame on H.E.S..our money as parents goes toward these events ... it makes me sad as that our kids are treated this way...... good luck to all who enter this school

Posted May 31, 2013
I am very surprised at some of the negative comments about Huntersville Elementary. We moved here four years ago and specifically moved to this side of Huntersville because of the excellent academic reputation of HES. Our children have thrived there and are extremely happy. They have had incredible teachers and have excelled both academically and socially. I am involved regularly as a volunteer at the school and am always impressed by the dedication of other parents as well as that of the teachers and administration. Most of the families I know who have children at HES are equally as pleased with the school as I am. It is a shame that people in general are more apt to post a complaint than a compliment, but that is just life. There is no such thing as a perfect school, but in my opinion, Huntersville Elementary certainly sets a high standard.

Huntersville Elementary 1

Posted May 10, 2013
I could not in recommend this school in good faith to anyone because of the disappointing leadership.

Huntersville Elementary 4

Posted August 28, 2012
I am disappointed to read some of the negative reviews of Huntersville Elementary School. My family has been a part of this school community for the past seven years and we absolutely love it here. I am in the school as a volunteer on a regular basis and find it to be a wonderful atmosphere for the students, parents and the staff. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; however, in my experience, I have found that the people who are unhappy with this school are those who are seeking special treatment and have children who are not well-adjusted. At a time when our society has forgotten about the importance of respect and accountability, schools have become the "easy" target. Parents who are genuinely concerned about their children and their education have the opportunity to get involved and make a difference at ANY school.

Huntersville Elementary
200 Gilead Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Huntersville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntersville Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 110 reviews.