Huntersville, NC

Posted June 10, 2015
Long Creek is one of the best schools my children have ever attended. The moment you enter the building you are treated with respect by all staff. The building is always clean and most importantly, safe and secure. My children's teachers and I keep in constant communication. I make sure to check the parent portal for grades. This ensures that there are no "surprises" at the end of the semester. I believe it is our responsibility as parents to stay on top of our children's work. Stop blaming teachers for not informing us of their progress when the resources to help us stay informed are readily available.

Posted March 16, 2015
So my son was wrote up, not to add, he had to sit in the office all day long, again he is only in Kindergarten, but he was overly punished for defending himself.I have been fighting this since Friday because I told them after what happened last month I was afraid they would retaliate or pick on my child because I am a vocal parent and that is exactly what happened. I have been told lie after lie, excuse after excuse and to top it off they don't care. I have been given the run around all because I want an acceptable explanation as to Why you would write up a child in Kindergarten for only defending himself, and over punish him when he has been pushed around all year and you guys did nothing to those children. I am telling you do not take your child to this school. If you are not one of the parents in their little "it squad" of people they know and like or if you are a vocal parent they will treat your child unfairly. Right now I am trying to figure out in the last semester how to transfer my son to another school because I do not trust them and scared of what they will do to him. And no one cares. Please try to put your child in private school. Please

Posted January 28, 2015
Since Mr. Thomas left and Ms. Simpson took over as principal, this school has gone downhill. The uniforms are very sloppy and the staff is extremely underclass. Teachers do not communicate with parents, no notes, parent teacher conferences, letters, emails, phone calls, nor writing in planners to let you know of grades slipping. The teacher will apologize and promise to not do that again for the next quarter, and then another bad grade is received on the report card. The will defend the bullies at this school if their parents look pitiful enough.

Posted October 13, 2014
To say we had a horrible experience at this school would be an understatement. From the Principal to the school nurse, just awful. I sat in the lobby and watched a child be put off for 15 min in the nurses office while she(the nurse) carried on a personal conversation with her grown daughter regarding an energy bill and how she was upset by her daughters treatment of her. Totally inappropriate. My child was bullied at this school also and the administration was completely uninterested. My child was shamed by a teacher in front of the entire class. Not a good way to teach. I have heard from others that once upon a time this school was very good. Not true any longer. I would advise anyone considering moving into this school district to think again.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 06, 2014
Long Creek is an excellent school! Last year was our families first year and I can truly say that the teachers are nurturing and the school atmosphere is warm and inviting! I have a son that's a rising third grader and he can't wait to get back to school! That says so much about the environment and the staff there! Looking forward to an awesome school year!

Posted May 13, 2014
Long Creek is a gem. The communication with parents is great with a monthly school wide news letter, monthly class news letters and weekly emails from teachers. Children learning abilities are treated individually. We are blessed to be in this school district.

Posted January 03, 2014
I do not recommend this school to anyone until Ms. Simpson is gone. We had to take our son out of Long Creek and put him in private because of some bullying. Teacher and Ms. Simpson did nothing to resolve the problem. Extremely unhappy, this school is not what it was just a few years ago. It's going down hill real fast.

Posted August 01, 2013
As a grandmother of an incoming 1st grader I am total impressed with the care, skills and nuturing spirit exhibited by teachers and admin staff. I am excited listening to my granddaguther's enthusiam about returning to the school of the Maverick.

Long Creek Elementary 4

Posted January 14, 2013
Wonderful community school! Ms. Simpson the new principal is extremely involved and visible. The staff and teachers all seem to be dedicated to the success of each and every child. My daughter is happy and loves going to school everyday and that makes me feel great!

Posted March 19, 2011
My children attend this school. We move to NC about 2 years now and I have been please with the education they have rcv'd here. Mr. Thomas is very involved and you always see him throughout the school. The teachers allow you to come in and observe as well as assist if you would like in the small group sessions. Ms. Y. Bonaparte the school counselor is excellent as well as the office staff. I could not be more pleased with Long Creek.

Long Creek Elementary
9213 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Long Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top