Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
The experience has been awesome. It definitely has rebuilt a solid foundation for my child to do and be great. Ms. Jones is a teacher that we can never forget, she's definitely for educating the kids.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
While we've had our fair share of experiences within CMS schools. By far this has been the best school year for my son since beginning school. It brings joy to hear my child say, his teacher Ms. Jones is the best and hope she can be his 4th grade teacher. He mentions how she helps him understand, her sense of humor and how she's nice to the class. He also mentions other staff and administration, how their impacting his life. Principal Mrs. Simpson hugs him upon arrival in the morning and reminds him to keep up the good work. I've also personally noticed how she motivates ALL students to be successful Mighty Mustangs and exemplify all the characteristics. Assistant Principal Mr. Henry reads with him one day a week to help build reading literacy. Ms. McGinnis is such a compassionate teacher, she encourages him to do his best while making him feel confident. Overall, I'm impressed with the growth my child is showing while being at Long Creek. It definitely takes a village and a positive environment/educators.

Posted September 23, 2015
No school is perfect, but this one is pretty close! As for the few negative comments, I'm a bit surprised! Excellent Principal and staff! They care about each and every student's success! I find that most of the parents who complain have children that misbehave often! I have a fifth grade and second grade student at Long Creek and they both enjoy going to school everyday. I'm a parent who is involved in my children's education and that makes all the difference in the world!

Posted August 29, 2015
This school offers many great learning opportunities for children and the teachers are very effective. The students have high morals, and a great respect when they move on to middle school.

Long Creek Elementary 2

Posted July 29, 2015
It seems like the last few reviews were written by teachers or parents that were asked for a review. The truth is, this school is not for everyone. It is very cliquish. Once you have a problem with one teacher, it gets passed on to the next and follows your kid from grade to grade. Very immature staff in the lower grades. (I can't vouch for the older grades) The principle is no help in this situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
Teachers make a world of difference in their students lives because they are with them at least 7 hours a day...more than most working parents see their children. I am glad to say that the teachers at Long Creek Elementary do an excellent job of effectively teaching, training, exhorting, and encouraging our students!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Their reading and comprehension teachers are fabulous. My son didn't like to read before he came to this school. He was encouraged to read, to take his time, and to keep trying, that coupled with reinforcements from home has made him a better reader.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
The Fred Carr award plays a huge factor in this! Long Creek celebrates their students who respect others and themselves and encourages others students to do the same.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
There is a sense of family at this school...which is a rare find now-a-days. The teachers, and staff enforce fairness by teaching students to share and to think of others in their decision-making. Also, during test time their encourage students to do their own work and abide by the honor system, which because they are treated fairly and with respect, they do.

Posted July 14, 2015
One word to describe this school and it's staff...Outstanding. Mrs. Swint in the front office is amazing...the nurse to the principals are very professional and attentive to student needs. I really enjoy the family atmosphere and cohesiveness of this school. They had a PTO staff that is second to none, who makes sure that our children's fundraisers are exciting and done in excellence. I am very picky and particular when it comes to where my boys attend school. When we moved to this school district from another, I went online and read the reviews. We came from a very popular and top ranked school so my expectations were very high. I am glad to say that the teachers and staff surpassed my expectations. From Pre-K to 5th grade, you won't be disappointed. I read the other reviews about the bullying and was very SHOCKED. I honestly can't imagine the principal and teachers not caring. They are concerned about EVERY student. And as for Mrs. Simpson, my children and my family thinks that she is a Rockstar! She is out in the carpool lines in the mornings and in the evenings welcoming parents to ask questions and to sit in classrooms. My rating is 100% in favor of this school. Clean and safe environment, fun atmosphere, conducive to learning and growing with rewarding opportunities in music and after-school clubs. My opinion is of my personal experience, and I know plenty of other families that love this school. My advice is to go visit for yourself...you'll be glad that you did!

9213a Beatties Ford Rd, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Long Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.