Huntersville, NC

Long Creek Elementary 2

Posted July 29, 2015
It seems like the last few reviews were written by teachers or parents that were asked for a review. The truth is, this school is not for everyone. It is very cliquish. Once you have a problem with one teacher, it gets passed on to the next and follows your kid from grade to grade. Very immature staff in the lower grades. (I can't vouch for the older grades) The principle is no help in this situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
Teachers make a world of difference in their students lives because they are with them at least 7 hours a day...more than most working parents see their children. I am glad to say that the teachers at Long Creek Elementary do an excellent job of effectively teaching, training, exhorting, and encouraging our students!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Their reading and comprehension teachers are fabulous. My son didn't like to read before he came to this school. He was encouraged to read, to take his time, and to keep trying, that coupled with reinforcements from home has made him a better reader.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
The Fred Carr award plays a huge factor in this! Long Creek celebrates their students who respect others and themselves and encourages others students to do the same.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
There is a sense of family at this school...which is a rare find now-a-days. The teachers, and staff enforce fairness by teaching students to share and to think of others in their decision-making. Also, during test time their encourage students to do their own work and abide by the honor system, which because they are treated fairly and with respect, they do.

Long Creek Elementary 5

Posted July 14, 2015
One word to describe this school and it's staff...Outstanding. Mrs. Swint in the front office is amazing...the nurse to the principals are very professional and attentive to student needs. I really enjoy the family atmosphere and cohesiveness of this school. They had a PTO staff that is second to none, who makes sure that our children's fundraisers are exciting and done in excellence. I am very picky and particular when it comes to where my boys attend school. When we moved to this school district from another, I went online and read the reviews. We came from a very popular and top ranked school so my expectations were very high. I am glad to say that the teachers and staff surpassed my expectations. From Pre-K to 5th grade, you won't be disappointed. I read the other reviews about the bullying and was very SHOCKED. I honestly can't imagine the principal and teachers not caring. They are concerned about EVERY student. And as for Mrs. Simpson, my children and my family thinks that she is a Rockstar! She is out in the carpool lines in the mornings and in the evenings welcoming parents to ask questions and to sit in classrooms. My rating is 100% in favor of this school. Clean and safe environment, fun atmosphere, conducive to learning and growing with rewarding opportunities in music and after-school clubs. My opinion is of my personal experience, and I know plenty of other families that love this school. My advice is to go visit for yourself...you'll be glad that you did!

Long Creek Elementary 5

Posted June 10, 2015
Long Creek is one of the best schools my children have ever attended. The moment you enter the building you are treated with respect by all staff. The building is always clean and most importantly, safe and secure. My children's teachers and I keep in constant communication. I make sure to check the parent portal for grades. This ensures that there are no "surprises" at the end of the semester. I believe it is our responsibility as parents to stay on top of our children's work. Stop blaming teachers for not informing us of their progress when the resources to help us stay informed are readily available.

Posted March 16, 2015
So my son was wrote up, not to add, he had to sit in the office all day long, again he is only in Kindergarten, but he was overly punished for defending himself.I have been fighting this since Friday because I told them after what happened last month I was afraid they would retaliate or pick on my child because I am a vocal parent and that is exactly what happened. I have been told lie after lie, excuse after excuse and to top it off they don't care. I have been given the run around all because I want an acceptable explanation as to Why you would write up a child in Kindergarten for only defending himself, and over punish him when he has been pushed around all year and you guys did nothing to those children. I am telling you do not take your child to this school. If you are not one of the parents in their little "it squad" of people they know and like or if you are a vocal parent they will treat your child unfairly. Right now I am trying to figure out in the last semester how to transfer my son to another school because I do not trust them and scared of what they will do to him. And no one cares. Please try to put your child in private school. Please

Posted January 28, 2015
Since Mr. Thomas left and Ms. Simpson took over as principal, this school has gone downhill. The uniforms are very sloppy and the staff is extremely underclass. Teachers do not communicate with parents, no notes, parent teacher conferences, letters, emails, phone calls, nor writing in planners to let you know of grades slipping. The teacher will apologize and promise to not do that again for the next quarter, and then another bad grade is received on the report card. The will defend the bullies at this school if their parents look pitiful enough.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2014
To say we had a horrible experience at this school would be an understatement. From the Principal to the school nurse, just awful. I sat in the lobby and watched a child be put off for 15 min in the nurses office while she(the nurse) carried on a personal conversation with her grown daughter regarding an energy bill and how she was upset by her daughters treatment of her. Totally inappropriate. My child was bullied at this school also and the administration was completely uninterested. My child was shamed by a teacher in front of the entire class. Not a good way to teach. I have heard from others that once upon a time this school was very good. Not true any longer. I would advise anyone considering moving into this school district to think again.
3 people found this helpful

9213 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Long Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top