Huntersville, NC
Before care: Yes

Long Creek Elementary 1

Posted October 13, 2014
To say we had a horrible experience at this school would be an understatement. From the Principal to the school nurse, just awful. I sat in the lobby and watched a child be put off for 15 min in the nurses office while she(the nurse) carried on a personal conversation with her grown daughter regarding an energy bill and how she was upset by her daughters treatment of her. Totally inappropriate. My child was bullied at this school also and the administration was completely uninterested. My child was shamed by a teacher in front of the entire class. Not a good way to teach. I have heard from others that once upon a time this school was very good. Not true any longer. I would advise anyone considering moving into this school district to think again.

Posted August 06, 2014
Long Creek is an excellent school! Last year was our families first year and I can truly say that the teachers are nurturing and the school atmosphere is warm and inviting! I have a son that's a rising third grader and he can't wait to get back to school! That says so much about the environment and the staff there! Looking forward to an awesome school year!

Posted May 13, 2014
Long Creek is a gem. The communication with parents is great with a monthly school wide news letter, monthly class news letters and weekly emails from teachers. Children learning abilities are treated individually. We are blessed to be in this school district.

Long Creek Elementary 1

Posted January 03, 2014
I do not recommend this school to anyone until Ms. Simpson is gone. We had to take our son out of Long Creek and put him in private because of some bullying. Teacher and Ms. Simpson did nothing to resolve the problem. Extremely unhappy, this school is not what it was just a few years ago. It's going down hill real fast.

Posted January 14, 2013
Wonderful community school! Ms. Simpson the new principal is extremely involved and visible. The staff and teachers all seem to be dedicated to the success of each and every child. My daughter is happy and loves going to school everyday and that makes me feel great!

Posted March 19, 2011
My children attend this school. We move to NC about 2 years now and I have been please with the education they have rcv'd here. Mr. Thomas is very involved and you always see him throughout the school. The teachers allow you to come in and observe as well as assist if you would like in the small group sessions. Ms. Y. Bonaparte the school counselor is excellent as well as the office staff. I could not be more pleased with Long Creek.

Posted November 16, 2010
The principal is great! He has encouraged greatness from his administration and teachers. My son loves learning, is always chanllenge when he needs to be and is encourage to be respectfull, caring and safe.

Posted October 25, 2010
Long Creek Elementary has excellent, involved and caring teachers. They are far and above a better choice of teachers than given credit. The faculty/staff are very good about developing and instilling strong character and responsibility within the students.

Posted October 13, 2010
This school is the only elementary school in quite a broad area that provides our county's Bright Beginnings (an early intervention program).

Long Creek Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Dedicated staff, committed administration, hardworking PTA and awesome students

Long Creek Elementary
9213 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville, NC  28078
Last modified Long Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top